Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will have a better year, Peyton or Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    If Eli is a MVP candidate right now then so is Brett Favre
    And your point?

Brett and Eli = Co-MVPs...

Eli not an MVP candidate now, but if he throws 30 TDs and his team goes 12-4, that makes an MVP candidate out of any QB, including Kurt Warner this year.
    The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

IMO, Eli has been a better player than his brother at every stage of his career. I'm not talking about stats, either. He was better in college, he was a better prospect coming out, and he was a better rookie. I think it makes sense because he is just as, if not more physically gifted than Peyton, and he's not only benefited from their father, but by learning from Peyton as well. He's basically "Manning 3.0". I think he will end up being the better QB when it's all said and done, but no way will he be better than Peyton this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4
        Originally posted by 4
        Eli & Tiki vs Peyton & Joseph is more like it

boy the colts will lose there edge
        you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.
        no i dont hate the colts i hate that the colts let james go
        they couldnt afford him. its not like they just let him walk

Comment

Originally posted by 4
          Originally posted by 4

you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.
          keep james over wanye

Comment

Originally posted by 4
            Originally posted by 4

Also, people forget the fact that Addai is a legitimate home-run threat. James wasn't. I loved James' consistency, but watch for Addai to break a few long TD's against those 7 man fronts. Just the fact that he plays for the Colts automatically makes him a good RB anyway. I think their ground game will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 4
              Originally posted by 4

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                Originally posted by 4
                Originally posted by 4

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.
                im not taking freeney whihc they may not even keep

im say wayne - james over wanye how did james get paided by the cardz
                and how much did the colts pay wayne im not sure

Comment

Originally posted by 4
                  keep james over wayne
                  That's ridiculous. Wayne is their best receiver right now. Without him, their entire offense would decline. You can't just put a rookie WR in there and expect them to be solid. Especially this year. On the other hand, there were no less than 4 RB's in the draft who could easily start for them, and their offense shouldn't stall at all. Don't forget, the object is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think they want to wait 3 years for another WR to develop, and by then, they don't have Marvin anyway, and James would be old too. Letting James go was easily the most logical thing to do.

Comment

I'll take Peyton. Losing James won't be to big. Rhodes and Addai will be able to fill. Harrison hasn't showed a sign of slowing down and even if he does there is always Wayne on the other side.

Though the Giants offense looks very good and Eli could have a huge year with the tools he has.

Still Peton has the experience so I'll give the edge to him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

i think Eli will be the best in the NFC and Peyton will be the best in the AFC so i cant vote because they will both be the best but ill say Peyton throws one more TD than little bro.

former #1 in post count on this site
                      first to 500 posts

Comment

Eli will play better, but the statistics won't show it. He'll be more consistent, more accurate, and have less bad decisions. But he won't have cupcake defenses to pad his stats with, like he did last season. To see his progress, you'll have to read between the lines. So no, he will not out-perform his Brother next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4
                          Originally posted by 4
                          Originally posted by 4

keep james over wanye
                          it easier to find running backs in the draft than it is recievers and losing wayne would be a bigger hit to our offense. I would rather have Peyton, Rhodes/Addai, Marvin, Reggie and Stokley than Peyton, Edge, Marvin, Stokley and Chad Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by 4
                            Originally posted by 4
                            Originally posted by 4

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.
                            im not taking freeney whihc they may not even keep

im say wayne - james over wanye how did james get paided by the cardz
                            and how much did the colts pay wayne im not sure
                            Freeney will stay. he has said time and time again he wants to stay in Indianapolis and we will have enough money to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by 4
                              Originally posted by 4

I agree, Freeney makes Freeney look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King
                                Originally posted by 4
                                Originally posted by 4

I agree, Freeney makes Freeney look bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information