Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will have a better year, Peyton or Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
    This cant be a serioius post..
    I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.
    Still there is no reason to say that Eli will do better than Peyton.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Archie.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
        I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?
        I don't think so. The third year is always the big step in a QBs development historically if you look at all the greats. Not every young QB is put on a great team and is expected to just throw 15-18 passes a game. I'm expecting a big improvement this year and if not I'll be dissapointed. I'm not going to be happy if I'm waiting in year 6 for Eli to come around like Falcons fans are with Vick.

Comment

I think it stems from the fact the giants are the biggest homers on this board.

Comment

Not really. I think it just still bugs the Skins and Cowgirls fans that we came away with the East last year, and upgraded our team just enough to probably still be considered favorites.

Comment

Not really. I think it just still bugs the Skins and Cowgirls fans that we came away with the East last year, and upgraded our team just enough to probably still be considered favorites.

Lets see how you do with the same amount of home games as everyone else. Redskins and Cowboys are both better than the Giants.

Comment

I don't think so. The third year is always the big step in a QBs development historically if you look at all the greats. Not every young QB is put on a great team and is expected to just throw 15-18 passes a game. I'm expecting a big improvement this year and if not I'll be dissapointed. I'm not going to be happy if I'm waiting in year 6 for Eli to come around like Falcons fans are with Vick.
                It will be very interesting to see if you still say this after Eli has another average year this year. Next offseason I'm sure we'll hear about how Manning will have a breakout year. Fact is he needs to improve his accuracy alot before he can really breakout.

Comment

Lets see how you do with the same amount of home games as everyone else. Redskins and Cowboys are both better than the Giants.
                  Cowboys yes. Redskins no.

And having NO switched to a home game didn't help them any. They would have crushed NO anywhere in the world.

Comment

Oh please. We could have played that game in Greenland. Do you really think the Saints would have beaten us.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see if you still say this after Eli has another average year this year. Next offseason I'm sure we'll hear about how Manning will have a breakout year. Fact is he needs to improve his accuracy alot before he can really breakout.
                      I'm too lazy but you can go look up the improvements QBs such as Elway, Aikman, and Palmer (just to name a few for example), all made in their third year. The third year is the key year for improvement. Eli got his lumps his first half season. Got his team to the playoffs his second year with very good numbers, accuracy killed him the second half. Now I would expect him to improve on those acurracy numbers. Reports from camp are extremely positive, but I don't put too much faith in those. I'd like to see it myself. If Eli doesn't improve his accuracy, I will be very upset and vent in on this board. However if the Giants get to the Super Bowl despite accuracy problems, I would be a little less upset about it. Who knows if that will happen though.

Comment

Cowboys yes. Redskins no.

And having NO switched to a home game didn't help them any. They would have crushed NO anywhere in the world.
                        I would love you hear your opion on why the giants are better than the redskins.

Comment

Eli has a max of 4 years for me personally. If he shows improvement this year but doesn't make a "leap" I'll give him one more year. But thats it, if he doesn't get it by year 4, then yes, he is a dissappointment.

But I don't see why anyone would believe he won't have a breakout year. Look at his progress. It has been exponential. Say what you want about him last year, his improvement was light years ahead of his rookie year. He ran an extremely complicated offense (Aikman himself reported on espnradio that Eli was running a 5th year QB's offense in his sophomore year), he is responsible for audiblling all the pass protection schemes himself, and he runs a vertical pass game that has everyone go deep, which doesn't really help completion % when you think about it.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times. And look how much pressure was thrown on him during the season. In week 1, you ask anyone what they expected out of Eli last year theyd say an 8-8 season with growing pains. The second he did what he did against SD, people were talking Super Bowl. Thats what he has to deal with. Ive never seen a qb in my life with so much scrutiny and pressure thrown on his shoulders so quickly. Hes handled it very well so far.

His 3rd year should be another leap. People forget that his accuracy was an issue in the 2nd half of the season. Thats attributed to him losing muscle mass during the season, wearing out mentally and falling into tendencies, and a worn out arm (the kid threw damn near 40 times a game, at least 35). He's bulked up in the offseason and has run 3 miles a day (i think its 3 miles) and has built stamina to keep his increased muscle mass this offseason. He's studied oodles of tape, and he's HUNGRY. You can feel it. He is really hungry to prove everyone wrong this year. All reports indicate at least right now his accuracy is dead on as well.

Comment

I would love you hear your opion on why the giants are better than the redskins.
                            Let's not get into that. You guys have your opinions, we have ours. No matter what you say, you won't change our mind and vice versa. So we'd be arguing for nothing. The only way to truely find out is by watching the season. The season will answer all questions and debates. No need to side track the point of the thread with a debate that will go unresolved forever and ever and ever.

Comment

Eli isn't even the best QB of his draft class, let alone anywhere near his brother.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times.
                              QB's that manage the games are the ones that go to the Super Bowl. Hope you notice that little fact. Expecting to outscore the opposition every week is not going to you far in the playoffs either.

Comment

i'll be back after that sunday night game to rub it in all your faces.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information