Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will have a better year, Peyton or Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacantdraft
    Eli isn't even the best QB of his draft class, let alone anywhere near his brother.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times.
    QB's that manage the games are the ones that go to the Super Bowl. Hope you notice that little fact. Expecting to outscore the opposition every week is not going to you far in the playoffs either.
    Yes, football managers are the ones that win SBs. I agree with that. Im a fan of old school football and prefer running the ball 70% of the time etc and a punishing defense. But thats not the only way to win SBs. Joe Montana won a bunch of them and he wasn't a game manager. And how can you pass judgement on whos the best qb from that draft class only after 2 seasons? Thats pretty dumb.

Comment

To make this question easier to answer.....I would take Peyton on the Giants for the 2006 season over Eli and not even think twice about it. Eli has a shot to be great, but he isn't at Peyton's level yet.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        Eli isn't even the best QB of his draft class, let alone anywhere near his brother.

The offense also revolved around him. We set up the run with our pass. Eli had more responsibility than 95% of the qbs in the league in only his 2nd season. Last year, our offense wasn't asked to "manage" games, we expected them to WIN games. There were games where we expected him to outscore the opposition for us to win. He shouldered alot of responsibility, he was literally expected to win games for us by himself at times.
        QB's that manage the games are the ones that go to the Super Bowl. Hope you notice that little fact. Expecting to outscore the opposition every week is not going to you far in the playoffs either.
        Yes, football managers are the ones that win SBs. I agree with that. Im a fan of old school football and prefer running the ball 70% of the time etc and a punishing defense. But thats not the only way to win SBs. Joe Montana won a bunch of them and he wasn't a game manager. And how can you pass judgement on whos the best qb from that draft class only after 2 seasons? Thats pretty dumb.
        And that was 15 to 25 years ago. Also Joe Montana threw short high% passes, Eli and the Giants don't. I will take the QB in 2004 who has better mobility, throws better on the run, has better arm strength (hint, it's the one with the Super Bowl ring).

Comment

And that was 15 to 25 years ago. Also Joe Montana threw short high% passes, Eli and the Giants don't. I will take the QB in 2004 who has better mobility, throws better on the run, has better arm strength (hint, it's the one with the Super Bowl ring).
          If I remember correctly Kurt Warner won a SB with a high powered vertical pass game didn't he? Yeah...

And if youre talking about mobility, Eli Manning has better footwork in the pocket. You don't need to scramble, you just need to buy time in the pocket with subtle body shifting. Ask Tom Brady, he'll tell you all about it. And in terms of arm strength, their arms are very comparable, Eli can launch it too, his poor mechanics in the 2nd half of the season led to some poor throws, but if you watch tape of the first half, he threw the deep ball with the best of them.

Youre obviously here just to cause trouble. Do some homework before you make inaccurate statements.

Comment

Are you trying to compare Eli to Warner? Kurt Warner is an incredibly accrurate passer and well Eli is not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
              Are you trying to compare Eli to Warner? Kurt Warner is an incredibly accrurate passer and well Eli is not.
              Eli will not have accuracy issues this year. And thats besides the point, I was just giving an example of how having a high powered vertical pass game can result in SB trophies.

Comment

Eli will not have accuracy issues this year. And thats besides the point, I was just giving an example of how having a high powered vertical pass game can result in SB trophies.
                I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

If I remember correctly Kurt Warner won a SB with a high powered vertical pass game didn't he? Yeah...

Youre obviously here just to cause trouble. Do some homework before you make inaccurate statements.
                  You heard of the saying "Exception to the Rule"? That was the Rams. And even Warner didn't lead the league in passing yards then. Notice how no other team with a high powered vertical passing game has won a Super Bowl since? We are talking 6 seasons here.

The Rams were like the 2002 California/Anaheim/ LA Angels. A fluke that an offensive team won the championship game in their sport.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.
                    Like I'll believe Drew Bledsoe staying on his feet for more than half the game when I see it.

Comment

And of course the Eli of the 2nd half of the 2005 season will show up a few times, just as he did this past Friday.

Eli still has a long way to go before he close to Peyton. He will never equal Peyton is his prime. Of course Peyton plays in a dome while Eli gets to play in ugly northeast weather.

And to the person who said the Rams won the Super Bowl with a deep vertical passing game. They won it in a dome, just as most of their regular season games were in a dome

Comment

13 votes for Eli, must be all Giants fans, no one in their right mind would choose Eli, Peyton is the top quarterback in the NFL, Eli barely cracks top 10.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by ghettosermon
                          13 votes for Eli, must be all Giants fans, no one in their right mind would choose Eli, Peyton is the top quarterback in the NFL, Eli barely cracks top 10.
                          Can't tell that to the Giant homers and Eli fangirls.

Comment

Do you guys think Eli has a shot at winning a Super Bowl before Peyton?
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                              They both have equal chances but if I were to choose for the next 3 years I would go with the Colts, but still answering the Question Peyton is much much better.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by ghettosermon
                                Originally posted by Number 10
                                They both have equal chances but if I were to choose for the next 3 years I would go with the Colts, but still answering the Question Peyton is much much better.
                                Agreed.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information