Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will have a better year, Peyton or Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
    This cant be a serioius post..
    I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.
    Still there is no reason to say that Eli will do better than Peyton.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?
    As long as he improves on a yearly basis, I will always look to "next year". I would say that at the end of the 2007 season, I could give more of a real evaluation on Eli as an NFL QB.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

The Eli Manning debate is old and tiring. The kid was in his 2nd year, and we are comparing him to Peyton Manning...what a joke. Have we not forgotten that he's only played 2 seasons, and 1 as a full time starter? How can you possibly make a career evaluation of him after 2 years?

Talk to me about it after year 4, then we can make accurate declarations about Eli Manning. Until then, treat him the same as all other qbs. If we all sit here and are willing to give Carr some more years to prove himself, how can we write off Eli Manning after 2 seasons? Thats just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        The Eli Manning debate is old and tiring. The kid was in his 2nd year, and we are comparing him to Peyton Manning...what a joke. Have we not forgotten that he's only played 2 seasons, and 1 as a full time starter? How can you possibly make a career evaluation of him after 2 years?

Talk to me about it after year 4, then we can make accurate declarations about Eli Manning. Until then, treat him the same as all other qbs. If we all sit here and are willing to give Carr some more years to prove himself, how can we write off Eli Manning after 2 seasons? Thats just dumb.
        What do you expect? So many people hate New York sports for no reason and so many people hate Eli Manning for what he did at the draft. They know it is insane to throw Eli's name into a discussion about Peyton, but they get a thrill out of saying that Eli isn't as good or Eli isn't even close.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10

What do you expect? So many people hate New York sports for no reason and so many people hate Eli Manning for what he did at the draft. They know it is insane to throw Eli's name into a discussion about Peyton, but they get a thrill out of saying that Eli isn't as good or Eli isn't even close.
          It was actually a New York fan that started this.

Comment

This is the dumbest question I have ever heard in my life.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's the homerism and arrogance that prevades all New York sports that make people hate New York sports. I'm embarrassed by the amount of homers in NY sports. People who think the Knicks are going to the NBA finals when everyone else knows there are about the worst team in the NBA.

Eli spoiled kid act two years ago was not going to win him fans either. And then you have the Giant homers who go around stating Eli is a top 5 QB in the league.

The Giants homers are our own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft

It's the homerism and arrogance that prevades all New York sports that make people hate New York sports. I'm embarrassed by the amount of homers in NY sports. People who think the Knicks are going to the NBA finals when everyone else knows there are about the worst team in the NBA.

Eli spoiled kid act two years ago was not going to win him fans either. And then you have the Giant homers who go around stating Eli is a top 5 QB in the league.

The Giants homers are our own worst enemy.

Again.....can you please show me where Giants fan consider Eli a top 5 QB?

And every team has it's outrageous homers, but the NY fans in all sports are exploited simply because there are more NY fans than any other city. A lot of that has to do with population by the way. Not a hard concept to pick up on.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ok, before us Giants fans get a bad rap, let me try to clear it up. No, Eli will not have a better statistical year than Peyton. Can he have a better year though in terms of wins/losses, yeah thats possible.

But I do expect him to have a break out year. He'll make the Carson Palmer 3rd year leap. Will he be an MVP...I don't know. The homer in me says its possible, but I'll stay neutral for now and say no.

But a 60 %, 30 TD season isn't out of question for Eli. He will make the leap this year no doubt.

And to MOTH...you do realize Plax dropped his fair share of balls too don't you? And Eli only had accuracy issues in the 2nd half of the season, when he got worn out and fell into bad tendencies.
                  ahhh one of the only Giants' fans that isnt a homer makes another good point....
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information