Alex Smith Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Smith Question?

if alex simth goes 6 games 10 int wih no td will the 49ers bench him and put Dilfer in ?

Absolutely not, that would KILL Smith's confidence. If the 9ers start him opening day, he should start the rest of the season barring injury.

Comment

no they wouldnt but he probably wont put up those numbers anyway

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
        ok list his first 8 games stats

Comment

Originally posted by 4
          Originally posted by cardsalltheway
          ok list his first 8 games stats
          Smith is so unpredictable being so young, the point of predicting stats on a very young QB is meaningless.

Comment

Re: Alex Smith Question?

Originally posted by 4
            if alex simth goes 6 games 10 int wih no td will the 49ers bench him and put Dilfer in ?
            They, might. But I wouldn't. I'd give him the full year, with a statement at the beginning that he'd only come out of a game or not start due to injury. I would not mess with his head, having him worry about coming out. If he wasn't able to do it over the course of the season, then you'd have to look at maybe Brady Quinn for next year and cutting your losses. Over the full course of the year, you should know whether he is the guy you want or not. If he is, then he needs all the reps he can get. If not, you need all those reps to see whether you've made a blunder and wasted your #1 overall and a whole lotta money along with it.
            The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

they would be smart and start dilfer then as soon as he starts playing like he did towards the end of the 05 season put alex in boosting his confidence, cause i still dont think he is NFL ready

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

If Alex Smith goes his first 6 games with 10 ints and zero touchdowns, the problem isn't just gonna be him sucking. Even terrible quarterbacks playing on mediocre teams put up markedly better numbers than that.

Comment

You better believe they would start Dilfer. When you are 0-6 with 0 TD and 10 INT you're going to get benched. In the NFL it's all about winning now.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                    You better believe they would start Dilfer. When you are 0-6 with 0 TD and 10 INT you're going to get benched. In the NFL it's all about winning now.
                    Yep, even though they need to develop Alex its not at the detriment of the team. Dilfer was brought in to guide Alex but if he needs to go he'll be ready.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Absolutely not. It makes zero sense at all. I could understand the argument of putting in a veteran quarterback if they were competing for a playoff spot down the stretch, but they won't be. At this point, the 49ers aren't playing for this season. They're playing for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                        I dunno. It's not like anybody has huge expectations of the team anyways. They're gonna be bad. You know it. I know it. Fetuses in the womb already know it.

Comment

smith has these tiny little hands that can't grip the nfl ball. unless he grows some new hands he will never be successful. The premier QB's have these big old hands ala Eli and Peyton and Brady.

Comment

You've got your stats wrong. He threw 1 TD and 11 Ints in 9 games.

BoneKrusher

Comment

4 you ask too many questions

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information