No announcement yet.

Alex Smith Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many yrs does dilfer have left in him?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Dawkins
      how many yrs does dilfer have left in him?
      none

BoneKrusher

Comment

Well....Alex Smith had a horrible 2nd preseason game. Im still not ready to write him off yet. Its my personal belief that you must give any qb 4 years to prove his worth. So to call the guy a bust if he disappoints this year as well is unfair. I will say however that I was never a big fan of him, and I still am not a big fan of him and I am expecting him to bust. But I cannot officially call him one until his 4th year.

And on a side note...

VD had 1 catch for 5 yards. So in 2 games, he had 1 catch for 5 yards...doesn't exactly sound like the guy who so many on this board are raving will change the TE position if you ask me. But its still too early for me to say "i told you so".

Comment

VD can't throw it to himself, that's alex's job and he's not doing it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
            VD can't throw it to himself, that's alex's job and he's not doing it very well.
            but no matter whos throwing it they arent going to win so let smith start.

Comment

it would be jp losman all over again

sig by CalBears99
              Originally posted by yodachu
              I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by The Fat Kid
                it would be jp losman all over again
                Please dont say that - what have we ever done to you ?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Smith has the talent, intelligence and the intangibles. He just needs to pick up the speed of the NFL game. Going from the Mountain West, and a shotgun offense to the NFL, it's understandable that the learning curve is incredible. I think he'll be a good NFL QB, in time.

Comment

You gotta let the kid play. No offense to any 49er fans on here but they aren't going anywhere this season. They're still years away from a playoff berth IMO.

You have to let him play, that's the only way he's going to get better. He needs reps as a starter. You're going to have to accept the good with the bad this season because he is inexperienced and he'll need more time to reach his full potential. He'll look good like he did against Chicago, but he's also going to look bad at points this season.

But yea, you can't bench him, I mean unless he's absolutely horrid. Which I doubt will happen.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

If they start Alex smith there asken for the number one pick next year.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

What's the problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84
                          not really. smith has a lot of potential and even if they do pick first it will help smith if they take CJ

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                            not really. smith has a lot of potential and even if they do pick first it will help smith if they take CJ
                            So you're not going to start your future QB just because you have the possibility they you're going to get the #1 pick. Alex won't get any better unless he starts and gets reps.

Even with Dilfer in there, it's not going to make much difference. They need more help than what Dilfer could give them.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                              Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                              So you're not going to start your future QB just because you have the possibility they you're going to get the #1 pick. Alex won't get any better unless he starts and gets reps.

Even with Dilfer in there, it's not going to make much difference. They need more help than what Dilfer could give them.
                              i didnt say he shouldnt start :?

Comment

I say kepp alex in cuz dilfers not gonna help at all. There both gonna suck.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information