Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This proposed trade does have a wow factor in it. I'm really not sure who the Bears would plan to pick at #6. I would assume that Angelo would plan to trade down from that pick since he does not like paying the kind of money that the draft pick would ask for to a rookie. But to trade down, the Bears would need someone who would trade up, and I'm not sure who that will be.

    Comment


    • The Bears should say yes to this trade before any sanity in the Redskins front office comes back (if there is any sanity during the Danny Snyder era).

      If this trade goes down, the Bears are not getting Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn. They don't need them. It will be for defensive help or Offensive line help.

      Comment


      • I think the price tag is a little too much. Basically the value of the 16th overall pick. On top of that the Redskins might have to throw in a late round pick on top of MEGA contract they will have to sign him too. And this contract won't be like the ones they signed Arch and Randle El to that they can get out of anytime. This will have 20 million guaranteed.

        I don't see why the Skins are so interested in Briggs. I thought they were high on McIntosh, one of the few draft picks they've kept recently. And they have Washington on the other side. Unless someone is switching to the middle.
        Last edited by Jughead10; 03-27-2007, 08:24 AM.

        Comment


        • Don't know if this has been said because I am not scrolling through 7 pages of replies, but imagine if this went down and the Bears used #6 on Patrick Willis.

          Patrick Willis side by side with Brian Urlacher.

          HOLY F-BALLS.

          Comment


          • I don't see any reason why they would make that trade. They just signed Fletcher, Marcus Washington is a stud and they drafted Rocky McIntosh in the 2nd last year. Washington has holes on the DL, they don't need a LB.

            That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

            Comment


            • Unless WAS is gonna get CHI's 1st and their 2nd too than this is a load of crap.



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                I don't see any reason why they would make that trade. They just signed Fletcher, Marcus Washington is a stud and they drafted Rocky McIntosh in the 2nd last year. Washington has holes on the DL, they don't need a LB.
                I forgot they signed Fletcher. Yeah this makes zero logical sense. So it must make sense to Snyder. The talent they can get at #31 on DL isn't even close to what they could get at #6. And to think, I actually thought the Redskins were getting smart and might trade down to 9-11 and aquire more picks for once.

                Comment


                • Ok let's look at the history of the last seven 6th picks in the draft, which is likely how long the deal would be.

                  2006-Vernon Davis
                  2005-Pac Man Jones
                  2004-Kellen Winslow
                  2003-Jonathan Sullivan
                  2002-Ryan Sims
                  2001-Richard Seymour
                  2000-Corey Simon

                  Of those seven drafts, Richard Seymour and maybe Kellen Winslow is/are the only ones that I consider a better deal than Briggs/late 1st.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • That because Winslow is the man ;)

                    Honestly though, I think this isn't as bad as a trade as it sounds, the Skins get the 31'st pick in the draft and a YOUNG pro-bowl linebacker...

                    I wouldn't pull the trigger if I were the skins, but its not a BAD trade if they do.

                    Comment


                    • That's some of the best logic I've ever seen, the guys that went #6 before aren't as good as Briggs so the trade obviously makes sense.

                      That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Ok let's look at the history of the last seven 6th picks in the draft, which is likely how long the deal would be.

                        2006-Vernon Davis
                        2005-Pac Man Jones
                        2004-Kellen Winslow
                        2003-Jonathan Sullivan
                        2002-Ryan Sims
                        2001-Richard Seymour
                        2000-Corey Simon

                        Of those seven drafts, Richard Seymour and maybe Kellen Winslow is/are the only ones that I consider a better deal than Briggs/late 1st.
                        Whose to say those any of those GMs made the correct pick? I bet you in each draft there is someone extremely good who went 7-10 who could have just as easily been the 6th pick.

                        Comment


                        • TRADE!!!!!! I Just love seeing stuff go down...

                          anyways, speculation:

                          Not a horrible deal for the Redskins... LB is a need... quantity doesn't really equal quality, just ask the jets at DE. However, obviously it isn't as big a need as DL. So, I'm guessing with this they are feeling they can pick up some DL talent with 31 or a trade.

                          So, I'd say Bears get the better deal, but you people who are calling for Snyder's head and going on about how horrible this deal is for the 'Skins... relax. It's not that bad at all.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                            TRADE!!!!!! I Just love seeing stuff go down...

                            anyways, speculation:

                            Not a horrible deal for the Redskins... LB is a need... quantity doesn't really equal quality, just ask the jets at DE. However, obviously it isn't as big a need as DL. So, I'm guessing with this they are feeling they can pick up some DL talent with 31 or a trade.

                            So, I'd say Bears get the better deal, but you people who are calling for Snyder's head and going on about how horrible this deal is for the 'Skins... relax. It's not that bad at all.
                            No quantity, doesn't equate quality. But, Lemar Marshall has been a very solid backer and has been noted for his intelligent, smart play. He's been a capable starting backer ... with the only issue of being a poor fit for handling the rigors of the middle. Rocky McIntosh is an unknown ... but they did spend a 2nd round pick on him. Marcus Washington's "down" year could be attributed to the fact that he wasn't attacking and blitzing as much, and forced to do other things, otherwise, he's solid. These aren't bad backers ... and it's hard to say how much better Lance Briggs is than any of them, especially considering Briggs has to adjust systems.
                            _________________

                            As for value - Mid-first value isn't that bad, when you judge it by the franchise tag and the talent available.

                            Comment


                            • Only the Skins.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Ok let's look at the history of the last seven 6th picks in the draft, which is likely how long the deal would be.

                                2006-Vernon Davis
                                2005-Pac Man Jones
                                2004-Kellen Winslow
                                2003-Jonathan Sullivan
                                2002-Ryan Sims
                                2001-Richard Seymour
                                2000-Corey Simon

                                Of those seven drafts, Richard Seymour and maybe Kellen Winslow is/are the only ones that I consider a better deal than Briggs/late 1st.
                                You can't go by that line of reasoning. Under that premise, the 1st pick in the draft doesn't mean much either, considering the high bust rate of 1st picks not living up to their potential.

                                Its the leverage you have as a team when you draft in that position that makes that pick so powerful. You can get multiple picks, trade up relatively easily, and get what is believed to be a future stud NFL player with your pick. While Im skeptical that this trade happens, the Skins have done crazier things before.

                                And Id laugh my ass off if they did this, because it makes the Giants lives a little easier.

                                Don't be surprised, if this deal does happen, if the Bears make a push for Joe Thomas. Quinn would be nice, but there is a bigger need at Tackle, and I wouldn't be surprised if Angelo rather go for the LT opposed to the qb.
                                Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-27-2007, 10:23 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information