No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a good chance that Thomas and Quinn will both be gone by 6 and if this trade goes down, neither would be available at #6 for the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      There is a good chance that Thomas and Quinn will both be gone by 6 and if this trade goes down, neither would be available at #6 for the Bears.
      They could move up if they want. Theyre a SB team, they don't have many holes, so if they really wanted one guy in particular, they could give up multiple picks for him and not miss a beat.

And Detroit has been shopping the 2nd pick for awhile now.

Comment

• I have high doubts about Angelo going OL there. I wouldn't be against it (as lukewarm as I am about Joe Thomas becoming a stud) ... but I can't see Angelo drafting a player at 6 that would have no shot at starting in year 1, and with Ruben Brown resigned, along with Fred Miller back, the starting 5 is back for one more run. I'd look for them to add a piece later, with the idea that the guy could have a shot in 2008-2009 when Brown and Miller, in all likelihood, would be out.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          I have high doubts about Angelo going OL there. I wouldn't be against it (as lukewarm as I am about Joe Thomas becoming a stud) ... but I can't see Angelo drafting a player at 6 that would have no shot at starting in year 1, and with Ruben Brown resigned, along with Fred Miller back, the starting 5 is back for one more run. I'd look for them to add a piece later, with the idea that the guy could have a shot in 2008-2009 when Brown and Miller, in all likelihood, would be out.
          Its never a bad thing to take the Andy Reid philosophy and draft one year ahead of schedule. It makes for consistency.

Im not a huge fan of Thomas either, but GMs usually have a hard on for whoever is the "it" Tackle in each year's draft. So its a possibility.

Plus, I think Angelo is somewhat stubborn, and willing to give Grossman another chance. Remember, Brees was considered a dud, and SD reacted prematurely to finding his replacement with Rivers. Maybe Chicago doesn't want to make the same mistake?

And who else is worthy for their starting lineup at 6? The only guy I see is Calvin Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Its never a bad thing to take the Andy Reid philosophy and draft one year ahead of schedule. It makes for consistency.

Im not a huge fan of Thomas either, but GMs usually have a hard on for whoever is the "it" Tackle in each year's draft. So its a possibility.

Plus, I think Angelo is somewhat stubborn, and willing to give Grossman another chance. Remember, Brees was considered a dud, and SD reacted prematurely to finding his replacement with Rivers. Maybe Chicago doesn't want to make the same mistake?

And who else is worthy for their starting lineup at 6? The only guy I see is Calvin Johnson.
            Well... well... D'Brick is sexier than thou!

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
              Well... well... D'Brick is sexier than thou!
              I actually liked DBrick. I felt he was worthy of the pick. Im not a fan of Joe Thomas. I see too much Gallery in him...

Comment

• The could take Landry and have a stud safety in a system that heavily depends on their coverage skills. Brown is always hurt and I know Bears fans aren't thrilled about the other guys there. They are good but not on the level that Landry could be.

Comment

I actually liked DBrick. I felt he was worthy of the pick. Im not a fan of Joe Thomas. I see too much Gallery in him...
                  Oh... in that case... you're almost as sexy as D'Brick.

*phew*

As a Jets fan, I was born with natural defensiveness.

Comment

• I think Andy Reid and Joe Banner (right ... too lazy to check right now) have a good philosophy with the draft. That said, I just don't see Angelo behaving that way, but who knows.

As noted, assuming that CJ is off the board, I think the two top names would be Patrick Willis or Laron Landry (and thus, I'd be fine with dealing down). There's a chance one of them is already off (Willis moreso than Landry). Willis could slide into the weakside backer spot fairly well, while Landry could be the FS, moving Danieal Manning to CB. Both are considered to be fairly low risk guys, which would go in line with Angelo's track record (even though I'm not gung ho about either becoming a stud player), and both would potentially fill key roles in a team whose window is now.

Personally, if it's between Willis or Landry, I'd rather deal ... up or down.

Comment

The could take Landry and have a stud safety in a system that heavily depends on their coverage skills. Brown is always hurt and I know Bears fans aren't thrilled about the other guys there. They are good but not on the level that Landry could be.
                      Thats true...but would they use the 6th pick in the draft to go after another defensive player? Theyre fine on defense. I dont know, its a tough call.

Comment

Thats true...but would they use the 6th pick in the draft to go after another defensive player? Theyre fine on defense. I dont know, its a tough call.
                        Well, they would be losing one defensive stud. Why not replace him with another. They still have two second round choices where they could address the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                          Oh... in that case... you're almost as sexy as D'Brick.

*phew*

As a Jets fan, I was born with natural defensiveness.
                          Almost as sexy?

And to think I was gonna buy you something on Valentines day....

Comment

Well, they would be losing one defensive stud. Why not replace him with another. They still have two second round choices where they could address the offense.
                            Yeah, I guess youre right. Landry would be a Bear.

Damn...he'd be a waste in the Tampa 2. Well....not really, but still...I don't want to see him in the Tampa 2.

Comment

Huh ... we would have 2 2nd rounders? If we dealt up, that would leave us 37 and the 3rd rounder ... unless I've missed something.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                                I think Andy Reid and Joe Banner (right ... too lazy to check right now) have a good philosophy with the draft. That said, I just don't see Angelo behaving that way, but who knows.

As noted, assuming that CJ is off the board, I think the two top names would be Patrick Willis or Laron Landry (and thus, I'd be fine with dealing down). There's a chance one of them is already off (Willis moreso than Landry). Willis could slide into the weakside backer spot fairly well, while Landry could be the FS, moving Danieal Manning to CB. Both are considered to be fairly low risk guys, which would go in line with Angelo's track record (even though I'm not gung ho about either becoming a stud player), and both would potentially fill key roles in a team whose window is now.

Personally, if it's between Willis or Landry, I'd rather deal ... up or down.
                                I like Willis, but Im starting to think his new draft position is not worth the price. He's solid don't get me wrong, but he's not worth a top 6 pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information