Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    And who else is worthy for their starting lineup at 6? The only guy I see is Calvin Johnson.
    Landry. Mike Brown still might be out for the first few weeks, Landry would at least start until then, maybe even longer because Archuleta might not return to his old form.

Comment

• Ideally we would trade up or down. Other than the picks of Landry, and Willis, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Alan Branch there considering Tank may be out for up to eight games( more likely four). I could be wrong but I see an athletic DT of his size freeing up Tommie and Urlacher and upgrading our D to the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
        Ideally we would trade up or down. Other than the picks of Landry, and Willis, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Alan Branch there considering Tank may be out for up to eight games( more likely four). I could be wrong but I see an athletic DT of his size freeing up Tommie and Urlacher and upgrading our D to the next level.
        I think if you go DT, Okeye is a more realistic possibility. He's more of a Tampa 2 DT than Branch.

Comment

I like Willis, but Im starting to think his new draft position is not worth the price. He's solid don't get me wrong, but he's not worth a top 6 pick.
          I heartily agree ... and I'll keep with my original position, which is that, I personally wouldn't pick Willis in the top 20. LB's can be found ... and even though this is a linebacker thin draft, especially lacking bigger backers ... I don't think you take a backer that early unless they have minimal flaws ... and Willis has flaws. I think Tim Shaw in the 2nd round/3rd round, especially with his versatility, is a much better value than Patrick Willis top 20.

That said, the physical upside along with a solid background is making it seem as if Willis, at worst, will go top 15 ... and potentially top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
            Ideally we would trade up or down. Other than the picks of Landry, and Willis, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Alan Branch there considering Tank may be out for up to eight games( more likely four). I could be wrong but I see an athletic DT of his size freeing up Tommie and Urlacher and upgrading our D to the next level.
            As bbd has noted, I highly doubt that we would pursue Branch. Grabbing Okoye would make more sense as a fit than Branch, and arguably, Okoye has better value than Branch, along with the potential to add some size.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
              Huh ... we would have 2 2nd rounders? If we dealt up, that would leave us 37 and the 3rd rounder ... unless I've missed something.
              My fault. I forgot you switched picks in the 2nd round with the Jets instead of gaining an additional 2nd. So let's say this trade goes through and the Bears now have the Skins 1st, and the Jets 2nd. Toon, who would you want the Bears to target in the first round as a Bear's fan.

Comment

Almost as sexy?

And to think I was gonna buy you something on Valentines day....

Not everyone can be that sexy.

And Valentines day was last month, you forgetful bastard...

Comment

• This can't be. Ask the people from the Alan Faneca thread. A player threatening a hold out isn't worth more than a 4th round pick!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGunShow View Post
                    This can't be. Ask the people from the Alan Faneca thread. A player threatening a hold out isn't worth more than a 4th round pick!
                    You're angry... and an idiot.

Is Briggs 30+? Does Briggs play one of the less important positions?

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post

Not everyone can be that sexy.

And Valentines day was last month, you forgetful bastard...
                      :o (10 characters)

Comment

• the bears would b ******** if they did not do this- briggs is unhappy anyway and will leave eventually- they would go Quinn if he fell for sure

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGunShow View Post
                          This can't be. Ask the people from the Alan Faneca thread. A player threatening a hold out isn't worth more than a 4th round pick!
                          Dear TheGunShow,

Please rid yourself of your computer.

Thanks,
                          All Rational Human Beings

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I am still thinking a trade uo for CJ if this move happens.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Unbelieveable! How anyone can justify Washington doing this is beyond me. Not only are the seriously overvalueing a wantaway player like Briggs, they don't even have a need for him. They are gunna be a perenially old, and probably poor, team if they keep having such little regard for their draft picks. I doubt their linebackers will even make tackles with their irrelevant Dline.
                              Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                              #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                I am still thinking a trade uo for CJ if this move happens.
                                In a perfect world.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information