Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better.
    Nothing has happened so you are just setting yourself up for upset.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• what D does washington play and where would briggs fit into it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
        I've already said that I think it's a fair deal for Washington and that my preference would be to sign Briggs to a deal and keep him so if it doesn't happen (and if it doesn't it sounds like it'll be because the Bears don't want to) I would be fine.

That being said, when your FO and ownership are publicly stating it's a deal they want to make I'd say it's more than likely that's what it is. Especially considering the non-sensical tradition of Snyder wanting to make flashy moves. This is perfectly up his alley and to act like it's not is to put your head in the sand.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          please...uofi fans really need to get off their high horse and stop thinking they are above everyone else (not you specifically sweetness but in general)...yes it wasn't good sportsmanship and yes it is funny as a comeback to the annoying ILL-INI...maybe if uofi stopped thinking they were better than iowa in every aspect I wouldn't hate them so much...and can you honestly say that your fans have never made the same sort of comment/phrase/cheer about another school during athletic events? I know there was alot of that going around during the whole pierre pierce fiasco...so maybe instead of worrying about stupid cheers that have zero effect on the well-being of anyone, illinois should start focusing on keeping their "athletes" out of trouble
          What was going around during the Pierce fiasco? We never called him a rapist or anything like that, at least not in a game. And we're on our high horse? You guys are the ones who come in to our forums and try and talk smack to us when you can't even make the NIT. We don't need to think we're better than you in Basketball, because you are, and yet you have annoying Iowa fans who try and bash our program every damn day. Sure we have some fans who are on high horses, but at least we're not dellusional about basketball, see hawkeyefan.

My main complaint is against Alford who whined about people making fun of his team and then not saying anything when Iowa fans did that to us. That is hyprocisy at its finest. The worst thing we did this year was hold up cell phones to Kelvin Sampson, and that was funny. Btw, I just like giving Iowa fans ****, haha. I mean yea it kinda ticked me off when you guys did that but it's not that big of a deal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Who gives a **** about Illinois and Iowa? Shut up.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The first stage is denial. Soon to come confusion, then anger, and finally acceptance that you have a douche bag owner. :D

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                what D does washington play and where would briggs fit into it?
                This is why this deal makes no sense and would be terrible if made. First off Briggs would be starting over Lemar Marshall and more importantly Rocky McIntosh. Drafting Briggs is like telling Rocky although we invested to much in him his career as a skin is over, despite the fact he looked so good as a playmaker last year in limited playing time unless we don't plan on resigning Marcus Washington in the future. 2nd off we don't play a tampa 2 defense which Briggs is suited for and to invest this much money when we look pretty bad at LB would be such a mistake, I'd much rather make a play for Dre Bly which would cost so much less and be a bigger need, no doubt I wanna trade down in the draft to pick up a DE and possibly DT and SS but trading down to get Briggs when the value is horrible is just a terrible mistake, I still don't believe this will happen but if it does I might just have to give Mr. Snyder a little visit. Just when this offseason started to show a change in direction in only signing a few players and resigning must of our guys except Dockery who was offered ridiculous money, we make a bonehead move like this, again this will not happen but just in case...

Comment

Who gives a **** about Illinois and Iowa? Shut up.
                  :D

We're just having some fun dude. Go take some midol 51, your PMS is starting again. ;)

Comment

Who gives a **** about Illinois and Iowa? Shut up.
                    I do because I despise Illinois and attend Iowa...and also like to give their fans **** just for fun 99% of the time...

anyways...lance briggs is not going to play for the bears, whether he's traded or sits out, it has gotten to the point where he will never play for them just in spite...that being said, obviously if this is a serious offer then the bears should take it in a heartbeat...even thought we don't need the #6 pick it is great to have in the fact we can basically get anyone we want or trade down to pick up an additional pick along with a 1st rounder...the only problem we would have at drafting someone we want at 6 is if we could get him lower in the draft we would then have to pay him a top 10 salary

Comment

• Next Person to cuss in this thread gets an infraction although some already deserve more than 1.

Comment

Next Person to cuss in this thread gets an infraction although some already deserve more than 1.
                        This is what happens when the teams of mods screw up. They get testy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          This is what happens when the teams of mods screw up. They get testy.
                          Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.

Comment

• Said it yesterday and I'll say it today. This deal will not go down on these currently rumored terms.

Comment

Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.
                              yea well JA would never accept that...I mean he wanted a first rounder for TJ last year when offered a 2nd...31 and briggs for 6 is hardly understandable from the 'skins point but from our point its orgasmic

Comment

• wow this is so stupid, if quinns there you gotta believe that they take him, if he's not i think they go landry, which would suck for the falcons, but they would just pick anderson, seeing as adams is probaly off the board

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information