Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
      This is why this deal makes no sense and would be terrible if made. First off Briggs would be starting over Lemar Marshall and more importantly Rocky McIntosh. Drafting Briggs is like telling Rocky although we invested to much in him his career as a skin is over, despite the fact he looked so good as a playmaker last year in limited playing time unless we don't plan on resigning Marcus Washington in the future. 2nd off we don't play a tampa 2 defense which Briggs is suited for and to invest this much money when we look pretty bad at LB would be such a mistake, I'd much rather make a play for Dre Bly which would cost so much less and be a bigger need, no doubt I wanna trade down in the draft to pick up a DE and possibly DT and SS but trading down to get Briggs when the value is horrible is just a terrible mistake, I still don't believe this will happen but if it does I might just have to give Mr. Snyder a little visit. Just when this offseason started to show a change in direction in only signing a few players and resigning must of our guys except Dockery who was offered ridiculous money, we make a bonehead move like this, again this will not happen but just in case...

My friend, youre thinking logically. So clearly, you are not thinking on the same playing field as Dan Synder. Remember, this doesn't have to make sense, this is Dan Snyder we're talking about. His moves never make sense.

Those FA moves last year made no sense, but it still happened. I also think it would be a huge mistake for the Skins...but with Snyder it doesn't matter.

With Brigg's latest comments, its almost as if he's forcing this trade to go down. Its a very legit possibility, although a laughable one. I simply don't understand how an NFL owner can be so oblivious to the game of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Schuab is a QB though. Will Briggs have as much impact on the Redskins season if he is traded their as Schaub will on the Texans season? On top of that Briggs is asking for WAY more money than Schaub is getting. I can't see Briggs being worth what you lose in the trade and what you have to pay him.

I like the Schaub deal a lot more.

Schaub is a QB.... with a career 52.2 completion percentage, 1-1 INT to TD Ration, 69.2 QB rating, and only 161 total attempts in the NFL.

Briggs is a proven Pro Bowl Caliber LB.
        Last edited by Non_Sequitur; 03-27-2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.
          hahahahaha that trade is even less likely to happen than this one and you know it.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• I think it's just a smokescreen to drive up the price for our pick. Rocky looked promising last year, and is already familiar with GW's system. Briggs is a great athlete, but I think that it is the Bears' system that makes him what he is. Not to mention that he plays next to Urlacher. Another reason to believe that it is a smokescreen is it just so happens to come before the owners meeting...

You know Snyder is there shopping that around, and Briggs will do anything to get out of Chicago. Smokescreen by both sides to try and land something somewhere else.

Comment

• and also i get to thinking that briggs is a system player, he'll probaly put up good numbers but not any where near the ones he put up in chicago

Comment

• I was thinking about this whole "Lance Briggs is a system player" talk and wanted to comment on it.

First, let's discuss what he thrives at doing. And thats playing a weakside zone, where he can crash against the run, play a zone coverage and break on the ball, or blitz. Play in space essentially.

Now why can't that work in other systems? As long as his new team puts him in a similar role, why can't he thrive? Will his "stats" be as high? No, because he won't have to cover as much ground. Can he be just as effective? Yes, I think so.

The only way he doesn't work, is if he's thrown in alot man coverage, or if he's thrown at SAM. I think he'll be just fine in any 4-3 WILL role. To maximize his worth, simply use him in a similar way to the Cover 2 which isn't out of this world.

Comment

• No doubt I'd love to have Briggs being only 26 and one of the top LB's in the game but I would never accept this trade, questions of Briggs being a "system" player are there but that's not what worries me cause I think he would be a great player for us, but getting him would mean one of 2 things either Rocky is a wasted pick and career backup or we aren't planning on keeping Marcus Washington long term. Add to this is we are not getting the value of our pick, if it were a logical trade the Bears should be forced to give up their 2nd rounder atleast and a conditional mid rounder next year but Snyder seems intent on being a complete idiot.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I think we should just ride it out till draft day. It's not like Briggs is really going anywhere... Let some other team pay an outrageous amount of money for him. There is a good chance that Quinn/Peterson falls into our laps and that is prime trade bait.

If we could get Harris from them, I'd do that :D

Comment

• Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                      I think we should just ride it out till draft day. It's not like Briggs is really going anywhere... Let some other team pay an outrageous amount of money for him. There is a good chance that Quinn/Peterson falls into our laps and that is prime trade bait.

Chris Harris for the 6th overall pick? Deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                        Chris Harris for the 6th overall pick? Deal.
                        Tommie? For 1st round swap and a fourth.

Comment

Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.
                          Change the 2nd rounder to next years first rounder, and I would not mind that trade. Bears will need the picks next year more so then they need them this year. And getting McIntosh will at least wont make an OLB a great need in this years draft for the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                            keep dreaming buddy. Thats not going to happen.

Comment

• I just think that if we get him we need to trade Rocky I'd hate to see his career to be ruined, or we might be planning on parting with Marcus Washington you never know.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Honestly I'd have no idea what the Bears would do at 6. If this trade happens, the Bears are ripping the Skins balls off. The Skins are who I thought they were.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information