No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bears would have to add in their rookie DE at least. I would be so angry if we did this trade straight up.

Comment

The Redskins are fairly loaded at linebacker, I don't understand this. Not to say they couldn't improve but they have London Fletcher, Lemar Marshall, Jeff Posey, Marcus Washington, Rocky Macintosh, Warrick Holdman, Khary Cambell. Unless they're planning on making a 2-5 defense or something I don't really understand why they would pull this trade off.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by portis_clinton View Post
        The Bears would have to add in their rookie DE at least. I would be so angry if we did this trade straight up.
        It's not straight up, we'd be giving up the 31st pick too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
          The Redskins are fairly loaded at linebacker, I don't understand this. Not to say they couldn't improve but they have London Fletcher, Lemar Marshall, Jeff Posey, Marcus Washington, Rocky Macintosh, Warrick Holdman, Khary Cambell. Unless they're planning on making a 2-5 defense or something I don't really understand why they would pull this trade off.
          Not a single one of those players could even sniff Briggs' jockstrap.

Warrick Holdman? Come on...

Comment

Can I get a link to the value scale? Google ain't giving me anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              It's not straight up, we'd be giving up the 31st pick too.
              I know, but that still leaves a 1000 point gap, and I don't think Briggs is worth a full 1000 points. That DE or a 3rd-ish round pick could cover the rest.

Comment

These are the only possibilities I see...

Jamaal Anderson - Ogunleye is comming of a mediocre season, to say the least. Jamaal Anderson would be an instant upgrade, IMO
                Gaines Adams - doubt he is there, but if he is, you can't pass on him
                LaRon Landry - Would love to have him, but I don't know where he would fit in
                Amobi Okoye - Harris and Okoye??? Pretty damn sick!
                Alan Branch - see above
                Brady Quinn - I kinda doubt it, but I wouldn't mind it.
                Levi Brown - probably a big reach, but a future OT is needed badly

I wouldn't mind a trade down either. The Bears could move down to about to pick 15-20 possibly, and gain some extra picks between rounds 2-5.

I so hope this happens... JA would officially be known as god if this does happen.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I said that Briggs would be an upgrade but how many linebackers can you afford to carry? All those guys are players that deserve snaps.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

This trade makes absolutely no sense for the Redskins. They need to improve their pass rush, and they are positioned almost perfectly in the draft. They just got Fletcher and drafted McIntosh with their first pick last year. They haven't cut any of their former starters either, and Washington is one of the best OLBs in the league when healthy.

Not only do they not need Briggs at all, it is a horrible trade value-wise too.

I understand the excitement in the eyes of a Bears fan right now, but stop being delusional and look at the facts. It won't happen. If it does, I will vomit in disgust at Dan Snyder and his management, and the Bears will become my 2nd favourite team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by dhoe20 View Post
                      Can I get a link to the value scale? Google ain't giving me anything.

been posted a few times already, look after the past's post or just goto the features part on scotts home page.

or i could tell you, but what kind of guy would i be then?

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I don't see how in the world we could justify drafting a DE with the players we already have.

Anyway, like I already said, considering that some of this came from Rosenbriggs I'm going to wait a while before I believe it.

That being said, my main preference would be to wait and see if the Raiders/Lions pass on Calvin Johnson and if so offer our whole first day and maybe a 2nd next year to trade up with Cleveland for Calvin Johnson. It's a hell of a lot but the dude is so sick I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Note that this was put out there by Drew Rosenhaus. Agents love to blow smoke and make it seem like their client is getting tons of looks. If the Redskins are that stupid, I just don't know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            I understand the excitement in the eyes of a Bears fan right now, but stop being delusional and look at the facts. It won't happen. If it does, I will vomit in disgust at Dan Snyder and his management, and the Bears will become my 2nd favourite team.
                            I've already said I doubt it, but how is it delusional when numerous front office people from the Redskins are publicly discussing it. It sounds at least pretty possible that they are talking turkey, and they don't have any other picks to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              I don't see how in the world we could justify drafting a DE with the players we already have.

Anyway, like I already said, considering that some of this came from Rosenbriggs I'm going to wait a while before I believe it.

That being said, my main preference would be to wait and see if the Raiders/Lions pass on Calvin Johnson and if so offer our whole first day and maybe a 2nd next year to trade up with Cleveland for Calvin Johnson. It's a hell of a lot but the dude is so sick I'd do it in a heartbeat.
                              Calvin Johnson would instantly become our no. 1, IMO... omg, I feel like I am living in madden right now!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Possible players Bears would target at the 6th

1. B. Quinn
                                2. J.Thomas if he fell past Cardinals
                                3. G. Adams - Lovie covets impact pass rushers and our starting DE's looked pretty impotent when Tommie went down
                                4. A. Branch - Goodbye Tank Johnson. Doesnt have the knd of motor we look for on D-line but is a huge athletic NT prospect that would take on double teams and free up Tommie to wreak havoc
                                5. L. Landry - This would probably guarantee Mike Brown being cut so Im going to pretend that this won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information