No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not switching to a 3-4. I know its your dream but its not happening. Just like my dream of winning the lottery and marrying Kate Mara. Thats not happening either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      We are not switching to a 3-4. I know its your dream but its not happening. Just like my dream of winning the lottery and marrying Kate Mara. Thats not happening either.

I know its not likely, but I still don't see why its completely out of the question. If TC gets fired, and we hire a 3-4 guy, why wouldn't we make the switch? You know Bellichick's name will be brought up alot towards the end of the season if TC is in trouble. *clings onto the little hope that remains*

I like Rob Ryan. Right now, if I were a GM, and I had to put together a new coaching staff of new upcoming talent, it would be this

HC: Rob Ryan
      DC: Pepper Johnson
      OC: whoever with a run heavy mentality

Rob Ryan worked under Bellichick in the 3-4, done wonders with the Raiders, and Pepper Johnson worked as the LB coach and dline coach in NE, and has ties to Ryan. And hes a former Giant, so he'd be inclined to hop over. I could see them using a hybrid/3-4 scheme with us.

Sigh....its nice to dream once in awhile. But until then, its another year of Air Coryell in the hardest place to throw the football, and overload blitzing on defense with no secondary to hold up...

Comment

• Bears | Team rejects Redskins' trade offer for Briggs
        Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:45:27 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports as of right now, the proposed deal sending Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick in the NFL Draft to the Washington Redskins for the No. 6 overall pick is off the table after Bears general manager Jerry Angelo rejected the deal. According to sources, Angelo phoned the Redskins Tuesday, April 3, with his decision. The deal, however, may not be lost for good. The Bears would like to include LB Rocky McIntosh in the deal. The Redskins, however, do not want to part with McIntosh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace View Post
          Bears | Team rejects Redskins' trade offer for Briggs
          Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:45:27 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports as of right now, the proposed deal sending Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick in the NFL Draft to the Washington Redskins for the No. 6 overall pick is off the table after Bears general manager Jerry Angelo rejected the deal. According to sources, Angelo phoned the Redskins Tuesday, April 3, with his decision. The deal, however, may not be lost for good. The Bears would like to include LB Rocky McIntosh in the deal. The Redskins, however, do not want to part with McIntosh.
          Well no big payday for Lance Briggs. He's going to be upset.

Comment

• I personally do not like the decision from Angelo, one bit. I think the kind of value, Washington had on the table, is just too good to pass up on.

Comment

• I still think Briggs will be else where in 2007.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Well Glazer reports the trade may not be completely dead so this might quiet down for now and pick up close to the draft.

I wish Marv Levy would just give us an official offer already. You know he has to be salivating at the prospect of getting another Bears player on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Lance could fit in any system, and is better than Pierce. I don't think it's so much that Briggs wants to be the leader, he just wants to seperate himself from the stigma of being Urlacher's Robin.

But I've never actually heard him say that and think it's just something that is floating around as he had previously said that he would like to resign with the Bears under the right price (untill Angelo told him that he wasn't going to get that price).
                  They are actually quite similar in many respects, but if I want an inside/strongside backer, I'd prefer Pierce, if I want a weakside backer, I'd take Briggs. That said, they both can play all three positions at an above average level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I personally do not like the decision from Angelo, one bit. I think the kind of value, Washington had on the table, is just too good to pass up on.
                    Agreed. I think Angelo's getting greedy, and the talk seems to be Washington is going to look into dealing up now more seriously (although, for the life of me, I still don't know what sort of package they could put together that would intrigue anyone ... I mean, moving 1 spot, sure, but they are supposedly targeting WR).

On a side note, the simple fact that they are taking Jason Campbell to the Ted Ginn Jr. workout is a very telling statement that can't be passed over at this time of year. It may end up being nothing ... but when you take your QB ... that does perk attention.

If they do go WR ... I think that'll be a foolish, foolish move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      I still think Briggs will be else where in 2007.
                      I agree to, and if not Washington, my bet would probably be on Buffalo. While it's easy to mock Patrick Willis being there, there's a lot of knowledgeable people that puts Willis being available at 12 more at 50/50. Buffalo has additional assets, and there's mixed rumors about their interest in Lynch.

That said, I can see Buffalo dealing up as well, so eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        I agree to, and if not Washington, my bet would probably be on Buffalo. While it's easy to mock Patrick Willis being there, there's a lot of knowledgeable people that puts Willis being available at 12 more at 50/50. Buffalo has additional assets, and there's mixed rumors about their interest in Lynch.

That said, I can see Buffalo dealing up as well, so eh.
                        I think that your previous post made more sense, if they brought Campell to Ginn, they may want to trade down with a team interested in AD... maybe Houston @ 10?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• The cajones on Angelo never cease to amaze me. I hope this time it doesn't blow up in his face.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            Agreed. I think Angelo's getting greedy, and the talk seems to be Washington is going to look into dealing up now more seriously (although, for the life of me, I still don't know what sort of package they could put together that would intrigue anyone ... I mean, moving 1 spot, sure, but they are supposedly targeting WR).

On a side note, the simple fact that they are taking Jason Campbell to the Ted Ginn Jr. workout is a very telling statement that can't be passed over at this time of year. It may end up being nothing ... but when you take your QB ... that does perk attention.

If they do go WR ... I think that'll be a foolish, foolish move.
                            If they take a WR, I would laugh harder than I did when the Lions took Williams. That team needs a force on their D-line in the worst way and they will be in prime position to do so.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              If they take a WR, I would laugh harder than I did when the Lions took Williams. That team needs a force on their D-line in the worst way and they will be in prime position to do so.
                              We do need d-line, but if there is a way to get calvin johnson we need to get him
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                                We do need d-line, but if there is a way to get calvin johnson we need to get him
                                Santana, Johnson, and Cooley together with that oline would definately make Campbell's life easier. No doubt.

But I personally hate taking WRs that high. I think WR is easily the most overrated position in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information