Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by flave1969 View Post
    I am a Redskins fan and I agree with you completely. I like the way Carter ended the year, I like Golston a lot. However we have not had a full season out of Griffin, if we do fine but I aint holding out much hope. Daniels can play the run but that is it. We need an end badly and I prefer Anderson over Adams.

    That said I am still really intrigued with Amobi Okoye if we can trade down and get him I will not be unhappy at all.
    We'd probably have to take him at 6 cause I believe he has passed Branch on many team boards, we need to trade down to around #12 where one of Adams, Anderson, Carrikier, Okoye, or Branch has to be and worst case scenario if all are gone that means atleast Landry or Leon Hall is there, plus we can pick up extra day 1 picks.

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • You know what, I would not think it would be a bad idea to take Okoye over any D-lineman at #6 (including Adams). I love the kid and his potential and if the Skins took him, I'd be satisfied in the sense that they're be building their team in the right way but upset that he would be with a division rival.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        You know what, I would not think it would be a bad idea to take Okoye over any D-lineman at #6 (including Adams). I love the kid and his potential and if the Skins took him, I'd be satisfied in the sense that they're be building their team in the right way but upset that he would be with a division rival.
        For a team that hates draft picks, the Skins are actually a very good drafting team.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          For a team that hates draft picks, the Skins are actually a very good drafting team.
          Yeah when they actually keep a pick as opposed to trading it away. :D

          Magical sig by OSUGiants

          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


          Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            For a team that hates draft picks, the Skins are actually a very good drafting team.
            we are a very average drafting team

            When you keep picking in the top 1-10 its not hard to get good people
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 21ST View Post
              we are a very average drafting team

              When you keep picking in the top 1-10 its not hard to get good people
              Then explain the Lions and Cardinals problems?

              Magical sig by OSUGiants

              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


              Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

              Comment


              • What Cardinal problems? Their picks have been solid. They just don't retain their guys for more than the rookie contracts...hardly anyone wants to play there outside of the rare Bertrand Berry or Edgerrin James signings. The Lions took too many receivers obviously, and receivers probably have the highest bust rate in the first round at least.

                The Redskins picked guys recently like Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell who have done okay but nothing spectacular yet, which is fine. Sean Taylor was a given at their spot three years ago.

                But seriously, the Lions probably made a mistake way back when they took Harrington over Jammer, but other than that you can't judge since they've only taken receivers and Kevin Jones, who has been hampered by injuries.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  For a team that hates draft picks, the Skins are actually a very good drafting team.

                  Well we draft pretty well with our few first day picks. Our second day picks are not so great usually. Last year in hindsight may well turn out to be our best 2nd day in some time. Golston and Montgomery saw decent playing time as rookies last year and they have held onto Kili Lefotu who will play in NFL Europe this year.

                  Comment


                  • I don't think this deal is dead I just think the Bears are looking for a better offer but closer to the draft when they realize this is a more than fair trade I think they will try to make it happen, I applaud the Skins for saying they won't part with Rocky who is the guy I think the Bears really want as they have said they graded him really high last year, I still don't want the deal to go down but I don't think it's dead.

                    Sig By:The Dynasty

                    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                      I don't think this deal is dead I just think the Bears are looking for a better offer but closer to the draft when they realize this is a more than fair trade I think they will try to make it happen, I applaud the Skins for saying they won't part with Rocky who is the guy I think the Bears really want as they have said they graded him really high last year, I still don't want the deal to go down but I don't think it's dead.
                      Yeah I agree. Plus there's no need to make the trade now, as opposed to in a few weeks when the draft board should be even more clear. They may even wait untill the pick is up and then see what is available. We'll see.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • I think it's best that both teams wait if not cancel the trade in all, I am never a fan of big deals involving high picks and players so far away from the draft.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • Bears website says that the teams are still negotiating and that it's fluid.

                          Other reports I've read (Washington Times being one) state that because the Bears can't negotiate trading a pick that they don't have (nor can they contact teams about Briggs) they are waiting to see if the Redskins can find a trade partner for the 6th pick before taking the deal as is. Makes sense.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                            Then explain the Lions and Cardinals problems?
                            Well all 3 teams obviously have a similar issue then cause over the last 10 years they have all pretty much sucked.
                            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information