No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not shocking at all, that Redskins would do something like this.
    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I don't see how in the world we could justify drafting a DE with the players we already have.

Anyway, like I already said, considering that some of this came from Rosenbriggs I'm going to wait a while before I believe it.

That being said, my main preference would be to wait and see if the Raiders/Lions pass on Calvin Johnson and if so offer our whole first day and maybe a 2nd next year to trade up with Cleveland for Calvin Johnson. It's a hell of a lot but the dude is so sick I'd do it in a heartbeat.
      Grr! I'm starting to hate these trade rumours. Don't even think about it Bears fans.....

Why couldn't we win that damn coin flip!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

If this happens, seriously. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Washington's GM should be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
          Calvin Johnson would instantly become our no. 1, IMO... omg, I feel like I am living in madden right now!
          In your opinion? I think in almost everyones opinion, I don't see how you could argue. CJ would be the number one on quite a few teams.

Comment

damn you redskins. Damn you to hell!!!!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
              The Redskins are fairly loaded at linebacker, I don't understand this. Not to say they couldn't improve but they have London Fletcher - getting older, Lemar Marshall - not the greatest tackler, Jeff Posey - old veteran, Marcus Washington - almost 30, but still amazing, Rocky McIntosh - will be a stud soon, Warrick Holdman - warrick who, Khary Cambell - special teams at best.. Unless they're planning on making a 2-5 defense or something I don't really understand why they would pull this trade off.

well, thats what i think of the LB core

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I've already said I doubt it, but how is it delusional when numerous front office people from the Redskins are publicly discussing it. It sounds at least pretty possible that they are talking turkey, and they don't have any other picks to make it happen.
                Also Briggs and Rosenhause met with JA today, after JA has said publicly that long term contract negotiations are over.

Comment

By the way, after re-reading the article I think it has a lot more bite.

When asked about such an offer Redskins owner Dan Snyder confirmed to FOXSports.com that he in fact wanted to make the move and they were waiting to talk to Chicago. In fact, Snyder spent a couple of minutes talking to Briggs, who showed up with Rosenhaus at the meeting.

Snyder and football operations man Vinny Cerato left to find head coach Joe Gibbs regarding the deal. But before leaving Rosenhaus informed Cerato that he in fact spoke with the Bears and they were waiting an official call from the Redskins.
                  Considering that the Redskins have no other picks to talk turkey, that's probably the deal.

All this being said, I really don't think it's THAT bad of a trade. Briggs is a top 5 linebacker in my opinion. He's not some regular joe. Most of you guys were ******** bricks about how cheap the Bears when they wouldn't give him an extension and now he's dirt cause the Redskins are interested in him?

I can't believe I'm sort of sticking up for the Redskins.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Those spaces must have been brutal to type, BlindSite......

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Can u imagine a DT pairing of Branch at NT and Tommie at UT. OMG that would be impossible to stop

Comment

Considering that the Redskins have no other picks to talk turkey, that's probably the deal.

All this being said, I really don't think it's THAT bad of a trade. Briggs is a top 5 linebacker in my opinion. He's not some regular joe. Most of you guys were ******** bricks about how cheap the Bears when they wouldn't give him an extension and now he's dirt cause the Redskins are interested in him?

There is no way briggs is a top 5 LB, im sorry thats just an overstatement

Comment

well. he IS proven and such...although he could get redskins off season syndrome and just suck. bleh.

i actually dont mind it that much...but eh, we need d-line so bad.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

If I were the Redskins I would be asking for Ogunleye along with Briggs. That would seem more reasonable. Or Idonije for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                              If I were the Redskins I would be asking for Ogunleye along with Briggs. That would seem more reasonable.
                              Or Alex Brown... JA and Lovie don't seem to be very high on him at all lately, and it looks like Mark Anderson will take the starting spot next year, IMO.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                                If I were the Redskins I would be asking for Ogunleye along with Briggs. That would seem more reasonable. Or Idonije for that matter.
                                I would guess some residuals are possible. Trading O-Gun seems very unlikely to me. Especially because they said Alex Brown's spot would be up for grabs with Mark Anderson.

I'd give Idonije up for sure. He's not going anywhere on this team anyway. Should have just let him go to Buffalo and saved a few million.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information