No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why the Redskins are doing this.
    At number 6 they could get a better player such as Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson
    But if they do pull the trigger on this trade
    I bet the Bears will take Brady Quinn at number 6

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

The Bears would be stupid to pick up another DE. They have Anderson, Ogunleye, and Alex Brown. I can't see them getting Alan Branch, either. He just doesn't strike me as a Cover 2 DT. The Quinn possibility definitely interests me.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        There are punters that are better at stopping the run than Rice. The only DE I can think of that is worse is KGB.

O-Gun isn't that bad either. He's not a lightweight like Anderson is (who is weak against the run for sure).
        I guess you could say so. Brian Moorman is one tough dude, and Josh Bidwell is god. That still doesn't change the fact that Rice is a better run-stopper than Ogunleye. Like you said, the only starting DE I can think of that's worse than him is KGB, and Leonard Little. Rice is still very weak against the run though, so it's no competition worth winning.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
          The Bears would be stupid to pick up another DE. They have Anderson, Ogunleye, and Alex Brown. I can't see them getting Alan Branch, either. He just doesn't strike me as a Cover 2 DT. The Quinn possibility definitely interests me.
          I agree on the DE.

As for Branch, I'd accept Branch. Pat Williams isn't a typical Tampa 2 DT and he's done wonders for Kevin Williams and the Vikings run D. Tommie and Branch would be sick.

IF this happens, my wish list would be as such.

1)Trade 6th, 37th, and 3rd rounder to Cleveland to take Calvin Johnson
          2)Trade down 6-7 spots and pick up another 2nd rounder. Take a player like Levi Brown, Paul Poz, or (gulp) Greg Olsen.
          3)Brady Quinn
          4)Laron Landry
          5)Alan Branch
          6)Levi Brown (it's a reach..but eh...)
          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-26-2007, 10:46 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by portis_clinton View Post
            Since the Redskins have most of the leverage, I would be mad if they don't get Anderson or Odelaguwaya.
            Why would the Redskins have more leverage? They are the ones who want to trade for Briggs. The Bears seemed to be very content on letting Briggs play out a year on his franchised tag.

There isn't a player at the 6th spot that would be worth 2 players of starter quality AND a first round draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
              I think Branch is best suited as a Cover 2 NT. He's not the kind of 3-4 plugger that many think he is, he is more finesse-like and has good quickness. Chicago would be a perfect fit for him, absolutely perfect.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If this does go down, I wouldnt mind BQ, but that would totally underly whatever faith we have in Grossman. Maybe we could somehow manage to trade up for Calvin if he slips past the Raiders (Lions-no, Browns-Edwards,Bucs-Clayton/Galloway=not biggest need, Cards-No) or we could trade down and pick up some picks as well. Anyways, I hope to the lord that this goes down

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Good trade for the Bears if it happens. Do it.

Comment

If this is true and the Bears dont take it, i would be amazed. To get the 6th overall for trading away someone who right now means nothing to your franchise, thats a deal for Chicago. And i dont even want to see the deal Briggs will get in Washington.

former #1 in post count on this site
                    first to 500 posts

Comment

On a side note, how stupid are the Ravens for not franchising Adalius Thomas?

Jesus Christ..

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        I think Branch is best suited as a Cover 2 NT. He's not the kind of 3-4 plugger that many think he is, he is more finesse-like and has good quickness. Chicago would be a perfect fit for him, absolutely perfect.
                        I love the sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          On a side note, how stupid are the Ravens for not franchising Adalius Thomas?

Jesus Christ..
                          yeah that did surprise me that they just let him go like that.

former #1 in post count on this site
                          first to 500 posts

Comment

I don't think this is going to go down. Sounds like a lot of bluffing and posturing.

If Snyder wanted to do this deal, the Bears would've agreed to it in a split second and it would be over by now.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I don't think this is going to go down. Sounds like a lot of bluffing and posturing.

If Snyder wanted to do this deal, the Bears would've agreed to it in a split second and it would be over by now.
                              When you read the article it sounds like the Bears and Synder are already on board and just need to get Gibbs on board to make an official offer.

How did Glazer get this information? It sounds like he was actually in the Room when Synder, Briggs and Rosenhaus met.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                If this happens the Redskins can officially say they have no have no interest in building from within and will mortgage each season as a must win. This is ridiculous and the league needs to make Snyder sell the franchise. Of course it would be a steal for the Bears....
                                The Redskins are still getting a 1st round draft pick out of this deal, and acquiring a instant starter in Briggs who could help Gibbs before he retires (likely after 2007). It's not that far-fetched.

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                                Or Alex Brown... JA and Lovie don't seem to be very high on him at all lately, and it looks like Mark Anderson will take the starting spot next year, IMO.
                                Lance Briggs, Alex Brown, and the 31st overall pick for the 6th overall pick? I'd take that. Briggs would cost a pretty penny, but then the immense difference between the 6th overall pick's rookie contract and the 31st's plays into that.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information