Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    There are punters that are better at stopping the run than Rice. The only DE I can think of that is worse is KGB.
    Which coule be why KGB will no longer plays agianst the run.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I don't think this is going to go down. Sounds like a lot of bluffing and posturing.

If Snyder wanted to do this deal, the Bears would've agreed to it in a split second and it would be over by now.
      You'd be suprised by the balls on Jerry Angelo.

Plus these things take time. Like the report said, they were trying to get Gibbs to confirm it, and he probably went to bed shortly after Matlock went off and he finished all his prune juice.

I don't see how, after talking directly to the owner and the GM, that this could be completely false. Do I think it will actually go through? Eh...I'm in the middle.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Which coule be why KGB will no longer plays agianst the run.
        "will no longer plays"??

Tisk tisk....

D-

Comment

I'd crack up if it happened. The Redskins simply don't get it.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

By the way, I'm not as huge on this as a lot of people might think. I've been hoping a deal could be reached. I really like Lance Briggs. He's a hell of a linebacker and would be a good player on anyone's team. You don't get a mutliple-time probowl player in his mid-20's every day.

I guess it just depends on what we'd do with the pick.

Comment

I can see the Bears trading up to #3 to grab CJ... might cost their 2nd and 2008 1st, but might very well be worth it.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

How do the Redskins "not get it," as you say?

Brown is a proven starter at DE in this league. Briggs is a proven perennial Pro Bowl LB. The Redskins will still get an excellent player at the 31st overall pick. Mind you, the Redskins are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to playing rookies, but in this scenario they get two instant contributors in addition to a 1st round prospect.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post

Brown is a proven starter at DE in this league. Briggs is a proven perennial Pro Bowl LB. The Redskins will still get an excellent player at the 31st overall pick. Mind you, the Redskins are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to playing rookies, but in this scenario they get two instant contributors in addition to a 1st round prospect.
                  Where is Brown mentioned?
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                    I'd crack up if it happened. The Redskins simply don't get it.
                    Synder continues to look like a bigger fool every year and the Redskins fans love him for it. I don't know whether to crack up more at Snyder or their fans. LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post

At no point was Alex Brown actually mentioned by anyone legit. That was just us bantering.

The deal reportedly on the table is Briggs and #31 for #6.

Comment

• That is true, although I'd agree in the thinking that the Redskins would/will ask for one of the Bears' older DEs. The Bears wouldn't trade Anderson away anyways.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• If they trade goes down I think Snyder might make a case for being dumber than Millen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            On a side note, how stupid are the Ravens for not franchising Adalius Thomas?

Jesus Christ..
                            Do you have any idea what our salary cap situation is? There's no way we could've afforded him, even this year, and the ravens don't tag their players to lease them for a year. They do that in order to maintain a player-friendly rep so as to better attract FA's, rightly or wrongly. I seriously doubt even some idiot franchise like the skins would've come along and offered up a ridiculous deal including draft picks for a guy who's 30, who they knew the Ravens couldn't really keep anyways, and there's the cap hit from a trade to consider.
                            Besides, I think people overrate him. Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but people expect an 11 sack guy in AD, what you really have is a 6-8 sack guy, unless lined up across from Pryce and Suggs. Bottom line is he was deemed replaceable.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              On a side note, how stupid are the Ravens for not franchising Adalius Thomas?

Jesus Christ..
                              Lets see A.D. wanted and signed a huge contract that would have forced us to cut veterans and hastily restructure contracts or let him go when we have proven time and time again that we can replace impact players. Stupid, I think not, especially when a team lets a situation spiral out of control with a player that was franchised such as Briggs. That is stupid. Besides Terrell Suggs is entering the last year of his contract and is more of a priority to re-sign not to mention we have players such as Jarrett Johnson and our 2nd round pick from 2 years ago in Dan Cody ready to step in and take up the slack left from the loss of Adalius. One must not forget that he basically was a pseudo replacement to offset the loss of Peter Boulware and we have done it with draft picks such as Gary Baxter replacing Duane Starks, Ed Hartwell picking up for Ray Lewis when he was hurt years ago and then when we switched to a 3-4, then a Bart Scott offsetting the loss of Hartwell, and just this past year with a Dawan Landry offsetting the loss of a Will Demps. When it comes to judging talent on defense, no one is better at it then the Ravens, so a stupid decision it was definitely not!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                                Do you have any idea what our salary cap situation is? There's no way we could've afforded him, even this year, and the ravens don't tag their players to lease them for a year. They do that in order to maintain a player-friendly rep so as to better attract FA's, rightly or wrongly. I seriously doubt even some idiot franchise like the skins would've come along and offered up a ridiculous deal including draft picks for a guy who's 30, who they knew the Ravens couldn't really keep anyways, and there's the cap hit from a trade to consider.
                                Besides, I think people overrate him. Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but people expect an 11 sack guy in AD, what you really have is a 6-8 sack guy, unless lined up across from Pryce and Suggs. Bottom line is he was deemed replaceable.
                                Yeeeeeeeeah. And I understand all that. But still.....in THIS market. I'm sure you could have gotten something.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information