Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How will the bears trade up for with Cleveland CJ when he has already been picked # 1 overall?

    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Blah blah blah...

      So the Bears are stupid, and they are getting the value of a 1st round pick.

      But the Ravens got absolutely nothing and lost one of their better players to their conference rival and that's the smart move?

      Oh...ok....

      The whole **** about it "spiraling out of control" is idiotic. At what point? This is a media creation. I've said all along it would work out and amount to nothing.

      I'm not saying the Bears are stupid for trying to trade him, especially for a 1st round pick. With this draft and the talent available with outside linebackers, I'm sure they can find a replacement is need be. As for the spiraling out of control, Briggs complaining about this on PTI is not a sign of smooth sailing.

      As for losing A.D. to the Patriots, it stings to lose a player especially to a conference rival thats coming to Baltimore this season. But thats business and the nature of the beast in the NFL. With that logic I take it that Buffalo was stupid for trading McGahee to the Ravens as were the Titans with McNair? When you have young talent waiting in the wings you have to cut ties with players, even impact players who want top dollars. The Ravens have dealt with this before as I stated with things working out in their favor as I see this doing. Besides with this market as you stated, what do you think Terrell Suggs will want added with the fact that re-signing A.D. would have compounded that plus would have allowed Jarrett Johnson to leave and forced other cap cuts thus creating more holes.

      Magical sig by OSUGiants

      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


      Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

      Comment


      • It wasn't stupid for the Bills cause they got value from it.

        I'm fine with the Ravens shipping off A.D because you're right, they are good at replacing players like that, but they should have gotten something for him.

        The assertion that they couldn't have is erroneous. The fact that he was given 20 million guaranteed is evidence enough of that. I'm sure plenty of teams would have given up a 2nd rounder for exclusive rights to negotiate with him.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • I can understand the quarterback deals, because a potential franchise quarterback is a much better investment of a pick than a linebacker. If Schaub pans out, then the Texans have their starter for a long time at the game's most premium position.

          As far as Randy Moss goes...he was still considered to be the best big play receiver in the NFL. The trade was as much of a case of a case of Zygi making his first big statement as owner than anything.

          The Joey Galloway trade happened in an era where first round picks were traded much more frequently.

          I don't think we overvalue picks on this board. The NFL has hit an era where draft picks are the most valuable commodity a team has, and nobody really wants to part with them.

          The Redskins just so happen to undervalue their draft picks.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            The Packers gave up what would be a 1st rounder today for a drunk backup QB.
            It was a first rounder then too, #19.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              It wasn't stupid for the Bills cause they got value from it.

              I'm fine with the Ravens shipping off A.D because you're right, they are good at replacing players like that, but they should have gotten something for him.

              The assertion that they couldn't have is erroneous. The fact that he was given 20 million guaranteed is evidence enough of that. I'm sure plenty of teams would have given up a 2nd rounder for exclusive rights to negotiate with him.
              Who said anything about not wanting something for him? The Ravens chose not to franchise him as a statement to the locker room, or at least thats the story thats being told. Apparently the players in Baltimore are against and for that matter it seems most players, and so the Ravens didn't franchise him. In fact the only player they have franchised is Chris McAlister and that was an ugly ordeal for a couple of years and so I guess thats why they chose not to franchise A.D.. Well that and the cap number for him would have caused the team to cut some veterans to get under the salary cap so that probably was in the mix as well. I agree with you that they should have gotten something for him to go to New England but it only seems to be destined as a comp pick.

              Magical sig by OSUGiants

              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


              Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

              Comment


              • Damnit Redskins, can't you just this once try to actually draft players?

                Comment


                • Am I the only one who doesn't think this a ridiculous deal? I mean what would you rather have?

                  Gaines Adams

                  or

                  Lance Briggs
                  Jamaal Anderson/Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer/Victor Abiamiri

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    Am I the only one who doesn't think this a ridiculous deal? I mean what would you rather have?

                    Gaines Adams

                    or

                    Lance Briggs
                    Jamaal Anderson/Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer/Victor Abiamiri
                    Thank you.

                    If Briggs was 28 or 29 ok. He's 26. Sign him for a 7 year deal and you've got an elite linebacker that can be switched to MLB when London Fletcher wears down (which should not be too long).


                    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                    Comment


                    • I think it's an ok deal. It's kinda humorous still though and TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last time we heard much from Briggs as far as the pro bowl is concerned.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                        Am I the only one who doesn't think this a ridiculous deal? I mean what would you rather have?

                        Gaines Adams

                        or

                        Lance Briggs
                        Jamaal Anderson/Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer/Victor Abiamiri
                        The problem with this logic is that it completely bypasses the salary cap ramifications. Briggs is going to want to be paid like one of the top linebackers in the league. Plus, you have to add in another rookie contract (although it's the 31st pick, so it's not too expensive). I just have a feeling it's going to add up to be quite a bit more than it would cost for the sixth overall pick. The Redskins aren't exactly in a position to be handing out more fat signing bonuses, either.

                        However, if Washington is able to squeeze out one more conditional, mid-round pick, then I think the deal is pretty even for both sides.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          Am I the only one who doesn't think this a ridiculous deal? I mean what would you rather have?

                          Gaines Adams

                          or

                          Lance Briggs
                          Jamaal Anderson/Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer/Victor Abiamiri
                          I agree too, however I don't want to see the Bears with the # 6 overall.

                          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

                          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            The problem with this logic is that it completely bypasses the salary cap ramifications. Briggs is going to want to be paid like one of the top linebackers in the league. Plus, you have to add in another rookie contract (although it's the 31st pick, so it's not too expensive). I just have a feeling it's going to add up to be quite a bit more than it would cost for the sixth overall pick. The Redskins aren't exactly in a position to be handing out more fat signing bonuses, either.

                            However, if Washington is able to squeeze out one more conditional, mid-round pick, then I think the deal is pretty even for both sides.
                            what would be the conditions of that pick? the bears aren't getting any players, which is usually where conditional picks come into play.


                            The way it is

                            GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                              what would be the conditions of that pick? the bears aren't getting any players, which is usually where conditional picks come into play.
                              The conditional pick would be base on Briggs and it would come from the Bears. Much like how Seattle had to give up a first instead of a second because of the amount of playing time Deion Branch had.

                              Comment


                              • When the trade occured didnt shefter say it was a 1st anyways

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information