Best Rookie Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Rookie Coach

Which new coach will have the best record at seasons end?

Norv Turner- He inherited the best franchise by far out of all the rookie coaches

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Mike Tomlin, as I think he'll do more his first year in Pittsburgh than Wisenhunt will do in Arizona. I think both are going to finish right around the 8-8 area, though.

Originally posted by hugegmenfan
      Norv Turner- He inherited the best franchise by far out of all the rookie coaches
      Norv Turner isn't a rookie head coach.
      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 03-27-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Out of the first time HC's I'd say Mike Tomlin or Ken Whisenhunt, but including all of them Norv Turner or Wade Phillips.

Comment

I think he meant a coach that has never been a HC before?

Comment

The best new HC and the coach with the best record are not the same thing.

Norv Turner and/or Wade Phillips will likely win at least 9 games. Does that make them the best new coach?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              heh, wade phillips and "best ... coach" in the same thought.
              I can't wait until his "I am God" attitude rubs off the wrong way on the players. TO in year 2 + Unproven HC....stay tuned folks...

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                heh, wade phillips and "best ... coach" in the same thought.
                Not as funny as Norv Turner not that is funny.

Comment

Mike Tomlin was handed a team that won the superbowl just over a year ago. I think he should win 10+ with that team he got handed.

Comment

Impossible to say.

How do you define it?

Best record?

Most improvement?

Changing the structure of the team successfully?

Too broad of a question.

Im surprised Rob Ryan didn't get an offer from someone. He's a guy Im eyeing for the Giants if Coughlin gets fired next year.

Rob Ryan - HC
                    Pepper Johnson - DC
                    Defense: 3-4
                    Offense: 2 TE base, run biased philosophy (power run game)

Comment

What I meant is 1st time head coach ex: Sean Payton. Can any of the new coaches spark a turnaround like Payton did with the Saints?

Comment

Originally posted by Next Best Thing View Post
                        What I meant is 1st time head coach ex: Sean Payton. Can any of the new coaches spark a turnaround like Payton did with the Saints?
                        I can see Whistenhunt doing that in Arizona. But I don't know how much of it will be Whistenhunt compared to the talent on the field, if you know what I mean. Arizona has talent, they just need to utilize it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Impossible to say.

How do you define it?

Best record?

Most improvement?

Changing the structure of the team successfully?

Too broad of a question.

Im surprised Rob Ryan didn't get an offer from someone. He's a guy Im eyeing for the Giants if Coughlin gets fired next year.

Rob Ryan - HC
                          Pepper Johnson - DC
                          Defense: 3-4
                          Offense: 2 TE base, run biased philosophy (power run game)
                          I'd rather win double digit games this year, than have to throw everything out the window and basically start from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I'd rather win double digit games this year, than have to throw everything out the window and basically start from scratch.
                            We wouldnt have to throw everything out the window. All we need for the 3-4 is an NT, and a DE. For the 2 TE offense, we just need another blocking TE. It would more of a change in philosophy than a roster overhaul.

And I just don't think that TC is a guy we can win a SB with. His lack of adjustments and pass happy nature will be the death of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                              Not as funny as Norv Turner not that is funny.
                              That's what I was thinking.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information