Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marvin Lewis's defensive "genius" overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About every single coach is overrated. It's a players game, plain and simple. Willie McGinnest recently blasted Bill Belichick, how he got all the credit instead of very good players. I agree with him.

Comment

I think that Lewis having a highly explosive offense and a bad defense. Can be compared to Brian Billeck’s situation in Baltimore and how he came to from Minnesota where he oversaw a great offense but his Defense has been the more dominant of the two in Baltimore. At any rate I think the genius of both is over rated. As head coach of their respective teams there could easily take the reigns of play calling for either the offense or the defense and exert their so called genius intellects.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat
        I think that Lewis having a highly explosive offense and a bad defense. Can be compared to Brian Billeck’s situation in Baltimore and how he came to from Minnesota where he oversaw a great offense but his Defense has been the more dominant of the two in Baltimore. At any rate I think the genius of both is over rated. As head coach of their respective teams there could easily take the reigns of play calling for either the offense or the defense and exert their so called genius intellects.

agreed, they fell into good situations with good players, made top Offenses and Defenses, now they get a head coaching job and they arent like that becuase they dont have the good players (well in Billicks situation he is just a bad coach, there needs to be a change in baltimore) I think Marvin Lewis needs some more time.

Comment

As a coach, he's very good. As a head coach, he's treading "bad" territory more and more with each passing day thanks to his disgusting personnel decisions and shameful lack of discipline and order.

And I wouldn't consider the label of genius anywhere near the vicinity of Marvin Lewis. That's rubbish.

Greg Williams has created a great defense in Washington, but you wouldn't call him a genius, would you? No, that's asinine.

Originally posted by GermaineRace
          Brain Billick the "offensive genius" is about 10,000 times more overrated.
          Dear heavens, yes.

Originally posted by pav
          Marvin Lewis is a great coach. Unfortunately Management is forcing him to make something happen on the field with a bunch of knuckle-heads.
          Seriously, who do think has final say on personnel decisions in Cincy? Get a clue.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I think he is overated on D.

Sig by BoneKrusher
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information