No announcement yet.

Worst Franchise in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say the Lions. They had the fewest amount of wins in the NFL in the last 5 seasons. Matt Millen is a terrible GM and yet he gets an extension. And it shows how bad the team is when their fans show up to one of the games in Bengal's jerseys.

And before the draft last year, I thought the Texans should have drafted D'Brick. He was the team's biggest need and they could've traded down at least 2 spots and gotten him.
    Last edited by MP123; 03-28-2007, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
      Outside of the Mario Williams pick, they had a great draft. Demeco Ryans wont DROY, Winston is a keeper, Wali Lundy should be a contributor. Owen Daniels will be a starter for years it seems. Charles Spencer is dealing with injuries but he is a promising player if he ever gets healthy.

But yes, picking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young should go down as one of the greatest draft blunders in history. Mario was talented, yes. But Vince and Reggie were every bit as talented as Mario and as incredible it is that he is athletic and moves that well at 290 pounds, how many prospects have there ever been that can do the things Vince and Reggie can do respectively? The difference is Vince and Reggie had flat out incredible college careers and were elite playmakers who finished 1-2 in the heismann and played for championship teams. Mario Williams was a DE who was incredibly inconsistent and whose prescense wasnt even felt in many games and he was hardly a dominant player in college. It shouldnt have even been a decision. Heck, Id take Hawk over Mario in terms of defensive prospects. Both were incredible talents in terms of measurables, only difference was Hawk was a dominant player in college, Mario wasnt. Bottom line, you dont take a player number 1 overall who wasnt dominant in college. Mario should be a good DE, but I highly doubt he will ever be a dominant player in the NFL, something which Bush and Vince already are.
      I remember mid way through the season I thought Mario Williams would easily fall to the Bucs...I was WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
        I would have to say the Lions. They had the fewest amount of wins in the NFL in the last 5 seasons. Matt Millen is a terrible GM and yet he gets an extension. And it shows how bad the team is when their fans show up to one of the games in Bengal's jerseys.

And before the draft last year, I thought the Texans should have drafted D'Brick. He was the team's biggest need and they could've traded down at least 2 spots and gotten him.
        I thought the same exact thing, I expected them to stay put though.

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post

Too bad we aren't looking at only the last 5 years. Look at the franchise history of both the Saints and Cardinals and be shocked at how bad they have both been. The Lions were competitive throughout the 90's and in the 50's and 60's. The Saints and Cardinals simply weren't at all.

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
            Too bad we aren't looking at only the last 5 years. Look at the franchise history of both the Saints and Cardinals and be shocked at how bad they have both been. The Lions were competitive throughout the 90's and in the 50's and 60's. The Saints and Cardinals simply weren't at all.
            Salary cap era douchebag.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
              Salary cap era douchebag.
              Since when are we only talking salary cap era? And easy with the name calling there big man. The thread starter clearly says that the Cardinals were bad for 40 years, which seems quite a bit before the salary cap era. Bottom line, you are flat out wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
                Since when are we only talking salary cap era? And easy with the name calling there big man. The thread starter clearly says that the Cardinals were bad for 40 years, which seems quite a bit before the salary cap era. Bottom line, you are flat out wrong.
                I wasn't directing the insult towards anyone, people are taking **** back to like Otto Graham era and its getting annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                  I wasn't directing the insult towards anyone, people are taking **** back to like Otto Graham era and its getting annoying.
                  Well I don't understand, that's what the thread called for. He mentioned the Cardinal's being bad for 40 years, their entire existance. Just like the Saints have been. The Lions haven't even been that bad all of the salary cap era, only the past 5 years. No matter how you slice it, the Cards and Saints are far and away the worst.

Comment

any of you saying the redskins are ********, tell me why we have the dumbest owner but we are the most vavuable franchise in sports, he might not have made great personnel decision in the past 5 years but come on redskins are on of the best franchises in sports

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                      any of you saying the redskins are ********, tell me why we have the dumbest owner but we are the most vavuable franchise in sports, he might not have made great personnel decision in the past 5 years but come on redskins are on of the best franchises in sports
                      i would have to say that they have made some bad moves in the past few years but i would not put them anywhere near the best franchises is sport.

also its the cards and the saints

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I would say the Cardinals and Saints easily... followed by the Texans but they are to young to count

Comment

whoah how many Super bowls has WAS won like 2 or 3?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Oakland...

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              whoah how many Super bowls has WAS won like 2 or 3?
                              From a business point of view the Redskins have been run quite effectively

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                                they have been going for about 40 something eyars now, and have never HOSTED a playoff game. JESUS. They just cant get it right. It seemed like they were on the right track last year, yet managed to win 5 games. Their offense is set, and dont give me the old well they had no OL...well a good franchise would go out and get what they need. NE had a big problem at WR this past season and boy have they done a GREAT job making things right. theres no question that things should be good in Arizona, but as long as the current owner iss in place there, they wont win. I still dont think they've done anything to help the OL, for god skaes they lost their best OL. and he stil wasnt that great.
                                They haven't done anything to help the OL? What are you talking about? They've spent a lot of money in the past in FA to bring good players in, haved drafted a ton of them in the last few years, and signed the best OL coach in the league this offseason.

And you think Leonard Davis was the Cardinals' best OL? Please talk when you've actually watched a Cardinals' game because he was atrocious this year.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information