LenDale White

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    It's not too late for LenDale to get his act together this season and have a great year. It just would be easier for him to lock up a starting role if he were in shape now. Basically, the Titans might be overblowing the situation to motivate LenDale, or they're really pissed at him. Probably both. If he gets his crap together, he could still be a big impact player.
    He should be able to drop 15 lbs easily by the start of training camp during the offseason workouts. Weight might just always be an issue for him. Some guys just naturally put on weight fast. But they can get it off just as fast with hard work, which for him will be the team off season training. Offensive lineman rarely ever come in at the right weight, but its not a story because, well their offensive linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      Who was better vs the big boys on Sundays?
      Actually as far a pure rushing. The two were pretty similar. LenDale actually average more per carry.

Comment

cut him..he can go hang out with other guys like Curtis Enis, Maurice Clarett, etc. (BUST)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Wow, he really is Jerome Bettis part 2.

Jerome Bettis was good. This guy is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Actually as far a pure rushing. The two were pretty similar. LenDale actually average more per carry.
            Ha, how did I know that somebody would bring this up?

First of all, Bush got more than twice the carries White got. He actually got nearly 100 more carries. Bush averaged 3.65 YPC on 155 carries. White averaged 4.00 YPC on 61. Big deal. You can't use yards per carry to determine who was the better rusher when there is such a large gap between the number of carries.

Furthermore, everybody knows Reggie struggled, a lot, during the first half of the year. But, as he began to adjust his rushing style, his production on the ground improved mightily. Look at the numbers:

First 8 games of the season:
            81 carries, 207 yards, 2.6 YPC, 0 rushing TD

Last 8 games of the season:
            74 carries, 358 yards, 4.8 YPC, 6 rushing TD

Reggie was better, in all aspects of the game, than LenDale White.
            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
              I would hope so. He was the number 2 overall pick after all. But when Lendale gets the carries, I still think he'll be a better pure rusher. He always was the better in between the tackles RB.

Comment

No, Jerome Bettis was in shape for most of his career. The last 2 years, he was unable to work out as strenuously as he wanted to because his body was breaking down. I'm surprised he was able to even play. They showed Bettis trying to get out of bed on TV one day. All of his joints were cracking and popping. He had to struggle for over a minute just to get sitting up. After that, he had a routine of stretching and such to get himself limber and able to even walk. Bettis took a huge pounding, and he's paying for it now.
                ya i saw that too on sportcenter. It was crazy. He had to use crutches to walk and couldnt practice until wednesday or thursday.
                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                Originally posted by Complex
                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

No, Jerome Bettis was in shape for most of his career. The last 2 years, he was unable to work out as strenuously as he wanted to because his body was breaking down. I'm surprised he was able to even play. They showed Bettis trying to get out of bed on TV one day. All of his joints were cracking and popping. He had to struggle for over a minute just to get sitting up. After that, he had a routine of stretching and such to get himself limber and able to even walk. Bettis took a huge pounding, and he's paying for it now.
                  Jim Brown takes 7 prescription painkillers every day just to operate. And he quit the game early.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I would hope so. He was the number 2 overall pick after all. But when Lendale gets the carries, I still think he'll be a better pure rusher. He always was the better in between the tackles RB.
                    Maybe so, but the knock on LenDale was his work ethic, and this story certainly doesn't do anything other confirm those thoughts.

Reggie doesn't get credit for improving his game between the tackles the way he did over the course of last year. I expect nothing less than more improvement. Do I think he'll ever be a great inside runner? Absolutely not. But he already is (and will continue to be) a better, more balanced runner and better overall RB than White.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Ha, how did I know that somebody would bring this up?

First of all, Bush got more than twice the carries White got. He actually got nearly 100 more carries. Bush averaged 3.65 YPC on 155 carries. White averaged 4.00 YPC on 61. Big deal. You can't use yards per carry to determine who was the better rusher when there is such a large gap between the number of carries.

Furthermore, everybody knows Reggie struggled, a lot, during the first half of the year. But, as he began to adjust his rushing style, his production on the ground improved mightily. Look at the numbers:

First 8 games of the season:
                      81 carries, 207 yards, 2.6 YPC, 0 rushing TD

Last 8 games of the season:
                      74 carries, 358 yards, 4.8 YPC, 6 rushing TD

As someone who paid close attention, the reason Reggie's YPC went on the rise during the 2nd half is because they abandoned all hope that he would learn to run inside and just let him go on outside runs; leaving Deuce to do all the hard work in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                        As someone who paid close attention, the reason Reggie's YPC went on the rise during the 2nd half is because they abandoned all hope that he would learn to run inside and just let him go on outside runs; leaving Deuce to do all the hard work in the middle.
                        Did you actually watch any of Bush during the second half of the season or just merely talking out of your ass?
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Wow, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Deuce did "all the hard work in the middle" right from the start; his whole career, he has been a between the tackles, downhill runner. Early on, all Reggie would do is try to cut it outside every carry, always looking for the big run, and always getting shut down. He was not patient at all and he pretty much thought he could just outrun everybody the way he did in college. The reason Reggie's YPC rose during the 2nd half of the season is because he became a much, much more patient runner and a tougher runner between the tackles, which made teams respect the fact that he might actually run it straight ahead, which in turn made it much easier for him to break one outside.

"As someone who paid close attention".... ha! Gimmie a F'n break, guy.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Wow, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Deuce did "all the hard work in the middle" right from the start; his whole career, he has been a between the tackles, downhill runner. Early on, all Reggie would do is try to cut it outside every carry, always looking for the big run, and always getting shut down. He was not patient at all and he pretty much thought he could just outrun everybody the way he did in college. The reason Reggie's YPC rose during the 2nd half of the season is because he became a much, much more patient runner and a tougher runner between the tackles, which made teams respect the fact that he might actually run it straight ahead, which in turn made it much easier for him to break one outside.

"As someone who paid close attention".... ha! Gimmie a F'n break, guy.

You're just being a Saints Homer. Bush didn't learn to be patient. He learned to have plays called for him to try and hit it big. Yes, I watched at the very least the 10-minute game recap on NFL network (where they show you 10 minutes of nothing but plays, skipping commercials and pre-play chatter, etc). And early on, the Saints would give Bush the ball and he'd run up the middle and be stuffed, or stupidly try and run around his blockers. They stopped doing this because it was obvious they needed McAllister for the hard work.

Comment

You're just being a Saints Homer. Bush didn't learn to be patient. He learned to have plays called for him to try and hit it big. Yes, I watched at the very least the 10-minute game recap on NFL network (where they show you 10 minutes of nothing but plays, skipping commercials and pre-play chatter, etc). And early on, the Saints would give Bush the ball and he'd run up the middle and be stuffed, or stupidly try and run around his blockers. They stopped doing this because it was obvious they needed McAllister for the hard work.
                              Your argument is a joke. Go watch tape of Reggie at the beginning of the year versus Reggie during the last half of the year, because it's obvious that you're just talking out of your ass. He became a more patient runner. He became more willing to run up the middle; in college, he didn't have to run up the middle, he just outran everybody. He adjusted his mindset and adjusted to the NFL game, and that's why he got better. You don't have to be a Saints homer to recognize how much he improved as a rusher.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Your argument is a joke. Go watch tape of Reggie at the beginning of the year versus Reggie during the last half of the year, because it's obvious that you're just talking out of your ass. He became a more patient runner. He became more willing to run up the middle; in college, he didn't have to run up the middle, he just outran everybody. He adjusted his mindset and adjusted to the NFL game, and that's why he got better. You don't have to be a Saints homer to recognize how much he improved as a rusher.
                                K, I'll just have to go do that *big thumbs up*

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information