Worst Draft of All Time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    Does anyone else have a feeling that if people had actually done the scouting and used the forumlas they do now that draft would've been totally different?
    To some degree, but I think it's a matter of perspective too. Go back and look at the drafts from 6-7 years ago too, they are full of some major turds. Same goes for any draft. Recent drafts just seem more "logical" because we haven't yet completely written off a lot of these players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

That's true. I just think that nowadays coaches would've been able to red flag a few things they wouldn't have now. I guess a lot of what coaches know to flag now, were picked up because of crappy drafts like that one.

Comment

Wow.. I know about 2 guys on there. Tommy Maddox is a complete moron. Emtman is really hard to pronounce

Comment

John Fina and Kurt Schultz were good picks for the Bills, but not much else.

Comment

Disgusting. Get away from me, vile object of history. I detest thee.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

In the first ever draft the number 1 pick didnt even play a single down in the NFL.

At least some of these guys played.

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                In the first ever draft the number 1 pick didnt even play a single down in the NFL.

At least some of these guys played.
                True. I think the idea is worst modern drafts.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

That never happened!! We were all on vacation!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

That's the worst first round of an NFL Draft I've ever seen.

Comment

******* "Touchdown" Tommy. Thanks for making me pissed off today, now I will have a string of fantasies about strangling Belichek

Comment

Both Phillipi Sparks and Kieth Hamilton were very good for the G-Men.

I actually met Sparks back in the day. He showed up at my friends house during his birthday party to talk to his Dad. Very nice guy. I got his autograph.
                        Last edited by GiantRutgersFan; 03-28-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

always a bit of a disapointment to look at the past drafts.especially the 01 draft for Oakland.just awful all over the map.
                          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Leon Searcy was the leagues top RT for several years. He was more than solid and hardly a bust.

Comment

Yeah that draft blew, one of the best drafts would have to be the 98 draft.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                                Leon Searcy was the leagues top RT for several years. He was more than solid and hardly a bust.
                                And then the Ravens threw money at him in the quest to repeat after winning the Super Bowl. Dammit!! I thought the Ravens weren't going to be associated with this abismal and retched draft before their existance but I am proven wrong.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information