Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Draft of All Time?

http://sportsyenta.blogspot.com/2007...raft-ever.html

They cover the first 25 picks and they are terrible. Some of the older guys might not want to look, it's embarassing for a lot of teams.

That is pretty terrible. The first round may have been bad, but surely there were other players of use in the later rounds...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/1992

Comment

ewww. some of those are just plain ugly. the only late rounder that sticks out for the giants is keith hamilton who hada very productive career, but that 1st round is just awful
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          ewww. some of those are just plain ugly. the only late rounder that sticks out for the giants is keith hamilton who hada very productive career, but that 1st round is just awful
          Philipe Sparks also had a solid career for the G-Men. And now his daughter is having a good career on American Idol.

Comment

The 1992 draft is one of those rare times the 2nd round produced better players than the first.

2nd round highlights:

Ashley Ambrose, CB
            Carl Pickens, WR
            Jimm Smith, WR
            Darren Woodson, DB
            Jason Hanson, K

Comment

wow, jughead i completly skipped over good ol philipe- has was solid for us as well
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

LOL that was one of the first NFL drafts I watched. Colts had the top 2 picks, and I was like 8 & going crazy. I'm not 100%, but that might have been the year that Kiper went off on the Colts, lol. Has any other team had the top 2 picks since? Just think if that happened in the modern day draft...
                INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

at least you guys didnt draft a *explicit* fullback in the top ten

Comment

it's funny how the Lions drafted like champions in that draft.

Robert Porcher
                    Tracy Scroggins
                    Jason Hanson

couldn't have done any better with those first three in this draft... yuck
                    I'm Charles Rogers. I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns

Comment

Wow I have forgotten about that horrid draft. How does a team have both the 1st and 2nd pick and miss on both players so badly?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

that is straight painful to look at

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

stanford had 2 top ten picks....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by lionsfan320 View Post
                            it's funny how the Lions drafted like champions in that draft.

Robert Porcher
                            Tracy Scroggins
                            Jason Hanson

couldn't have done any better with those first three in this draft... yuck
                            What was wrong with Jason Hanson. He is still on your team 15 seasons later. Scroggins had decent numbers. Porcher had 4 seasons of double digit sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                              What was wrong with Jason Hanson. He is still on your team 15 seasons later. Scroggins had decent numbers. Porcher had 4 seasons of double digit sacks.
                              He was being serious. The Lions had a good draft the one year no one else did. A bit ironic.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information