No announcement yet.

Best Franchise in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, the best franchise is one that gets the job done but doesn't reward the wrong people.

The Colts brought every staff member to the SB, that says a lot to me.

Comment

Bsaza's rep has 'skyrocketed,' as it were, from just one post. A sign of a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Bsaza's rep has skyrocketed, from just one post. A sign of a job well done.
        I don't post here for rep. That post was a result of a bad day and long-term frustration with the Cowboy franchise's self-important attitude. I hate any group that believes itself to be above the rest.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
          I don't post here for rep. That post was a result of a bad day and long-term frustration with the Cowboy franchise's self-important attitude. I hate any group that believes itself to be above the rest.
          That wasn't what I was implying. What I was stating, was that post was long overdue, and in general, uplifted those who aren't Cowboys fans on this forum, i.e what seems to be the minority.

I agree with njx, one of the best posts, at least in a while. It made me say "thank you" to the computer monitor.
          Last edited by Shiver; 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Haha. I appreciate the dap from a poster who I have long respected. About a year ago, I was ready to leave the forum, but guys like Shiver made me stay.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
              How is this even a question?

It is easily, the Cowboys, and I am not being a homer. The Cowboys are tied for most CHampionships, have the most conference titles, most playoff wins, most playoff appeariances, and most divison titles. Not to mention they are the most known team and famous team by far, and america's team. This isn't even a debate.
              Try again.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                Of All Time either the Steelers or the Dolphins. Dolphins have a better record since the merger. Steelers have the rings and contender tradition. Could go with Cowboys or 49ers for Championships as well, but their success didn't span multiple decades.
                Not to nitpick or anything, but SF's dynasty spanned the 80's and 90's, basically running from '81-'98. The team was consistently very competitive and had a legitimate shot at a championship in every one of those years, except the strike-shortened '82 season. So the Niners' success definitely spanned two decades, and hence "multiple decades."

And bsaza, that was fantastic. Thanks for saying what every non-Cowboy's fan has been thinking for decades.
                Last edited by stl9erfan; 03-28-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

All time? Gotta be the Packers or the Bears.

It's not called Titletown for no reason...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    all time? miami, pittsburgh, dallas and san francisco are right up there, with denver carrying the rear.

lately? new england (clearly), denver, philly
                    Woah woah woah. It pains me to see someone I consider very intelligent make such a stupid comment.

All time you've got Miami and Denver over Green Bay and Chicago?

Nuh-uh.

I've done my top ten historically ranked franchise post before and it would take way too much writing to effectively explain it again, but both teams historically have a lot more going for them than Miami or Denver. Add those two with Pittsburgh, Dallas, and San Fran and you've got your top 5 followed by the Redskins, Giants, Oakland, Miami, Denver, New England, and Cleveland.
                    Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-28-2007, 05:52 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

NOTE TO EVERYONE: FOOTBALL EXISTED BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL.

PICK UP A ******* BOOK SOMETIME, OR AT LEAST MAKE FRIENDS WITH WIKIPEDIA

I poop on the knowledge of some people in this thread.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I cant beleive someone even mentioned the Eagles in this... They never even won a title hahaha.

BTW the answer to this is either the Packers or Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          Just because the Cowboys call themselves America's Team doesn't mean they're really "America's Team" in any way. That is self-patronizing BS. The Yankees have 26 World Championships and dress in blue and white (with a little red). Baseball is America's Game. The Yankees don't call themselves "America's Team". The Boston Celtics are the most dominant franchise in NBA history. Bill Russell has 11 championship rings. Basketball is an American-made sport. The Celtics hail from the Cradle of American Liberty. They don't call themselves "America's Team".

From now on, I'm going to refer to myself as "America's Poster". I'm sure fans of Bsaza2358 will follow suit. Does this sound selfish, self-serving, and make me look like a douchebag? Absolutely. How do you think the Cowboys look when they spout off with the America's Team crap?

Signed,

Bsaza2358
                          America's Poster

Oh, that's nice Bsaza and very true. Props

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                            Super Bowl Victories

5:

49ers
                            Cowboys
                            Steelers

3:

Packers
                            Patriots
                            Raiders
                            Redskins

There was football before the superbowl ya know.

they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              The most well-run franchise IMO is the Eagles. It hasn't translated to a ring yet, but there's no reason to think it won't. They don't overspend for players, and they replace aging talent almost immediately with good drafting. Great coaching all around as well.
                              EAGLES!!!:) :)

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

All time in terms of championships
                                Packers
                                Bears
                                Giants

All time in terms of wins
                                Bears
                                Packers
                                Giants

But the past is just a memory. As of right now it's the Patriots, Colts, and Denver. Those 3 teams pop up into my head as solid competitors every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information