Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Franchise in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    There was football before the superbowl ya know.
    no ****.

    i'm just stating the obvious since the football knowledge of most people on this site doesnt extend to pre 1967.

    Comment


    • #47
      In recent history, easily the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Philly Eagles, Carolina Panthers.

      Historically Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Greenbay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
        no ****.

        i'm just stating the obvious since the football knowledge of most people on this site doesnt extend to pre 1967.
        Try 1997.


        Pineapple.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          In recent history, easily the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Philly Eagles, Carolina Panthers.

          Historically Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Greenbay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys.
          For your recent I don't see how you can put Carolina in the same category as NE, same with Baltimore. Well really you can't put anyone with them.

          Also what are we considering recent? since 1990, 96, 2000, 2002, what?

          Comment


          • #50
            Its the Bears, Packers and Giants historically. Steelers also get the nod.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              In recent times, The Patriots. I don't think that can be argued.
              Absolutely.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                For your recent I don't see how you can put Carolina in the same category as NE, same with Baltimore. Well really you can't put anyone with them.

                Also what are we considering recent? since 1990, 96, 2000, 2002, what?
                Since 2000.

                Carolina are in there with them because if you look at their record under john fox they've been incredibly successful.

                Superbowl and NFCCG appearance in three years. The other two years the team ranked last and second last for the rate of starters missing games.

                Last year the team had the 7th ranked defense while missing the middle linebacker, one defensive end, a safety and 2 cornerbacks for a lot of games. No one on that defense was healthy and it still ranked 7th with no offensive support.

                Steve Smith, Foster, Williams, Wahle, Hartwig, Wharton, Delhomme, Hoover, Seidman all went down at some point in the year, yet the team still pushed for a playoff spot and went 5-1 in the divison.

                Fox took a team that was 1-15 and took them 7-9 before a superbowl birth in 03. In 04 the team had 22 players on IR... 14 of them starters. The next year the team went to the NFCCG and lost because we had injuries at RG, to our first 6 RBs on the depth chart, peppers, jenkins, morgan and minter.

                Our free agent acquisitions were Stephen Davis before 03 who got 1444 yards on the season, we drafted Peppers, Jenkins, Witherspoon, Gamble, Smith, Gross, Wharton, Ricky manning Jr, who're all extremely good in their roles. We've brought in Ken Lucas pro bowl calibre CB, Maake Kemoeatu who's been very impressive, Mike Wahle who's one of the best run blocking gaurds in the NFL and also got keyshawn johnson.

                Jake Delhomme was a diamond in the rough find and one of the best all time in the postseason. Every year we have players go onto big pay days elsewhere who we draft or brought in as journeymen. The team finds brilliant ways to find talent and get the best out of it. The only challenge has been staying healthy.

                Realistically even looking at last years draft the team came away with two big steals in DeAngelo Williams and Richard Marshall a player who's outplayed all cornerbacks in the draft.

                How can Carolina not be up there when they've consistently beaten those in lofty status, consistently made the playoffs and made noise once there?

                This team's front office is very, very good. The whole staying healthy thing has been this teams real rival for the better part of three years now.

                Comment


                • #53
                  SINCE THE NFL BEGGINNING

                  Steelers
                  Bears
                  Packers
                  Patriots


                  ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

                  XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                    Since 2000.

                    Carolina are in there with them because if you look at their record under john fox they've been incredibly successful.

                    Superbowl and NFCCG appearance in three years. The other two years the team ranked last and second last for the rate of starters missing games.

                    Last year the team had the 7th ranked defense while missing the middle linebacker, one defensive end, a safety and 2 cornerbacks for a lot of games. No one on that defense was healthy and it still ranked 7th with no offensive support.

                    Steve Smith, Foster, Williams, Wahle, Hartwig, Wharton, Delhomme, Hoover, Seidman all went down at some point in the year, yet the team still pushed for a playoff spot and went 5-1 in the divison.

                    Fox took a team that was 1-15 and took them 7-9 before a superbowl birth in 03. In 04 the team had 22 players on IR... 14 of them starters. The next year the team went to the NFCCG and lost because we had injuries at RG, to our first 6 RBs on the depth chart, peppers, jenkins, morgan and minter.

                    Our free agent acquisitions were Stephen Davis before 03 who got 1444 yards on the season, we drafted Peppers, Jenkins, Witherspoon, Gamble, Smith, Gross, Wharton, Ricky manning Jr, who're all extremely good in their roles. We've brought in Ken Lucas pro bowl calibre CB, Maake Kemoeatu who's been very impressive, Mike Wahle who's one of the best run blocking gaurds in the NFL and also got keyshawn johnson.

                    Jake Delhomme was a diamond in the rough find and one of the best all time in the postseason. Every year we have players go onto big pay days elsewhere who we draft or brought in as journeymen. The team finds brilliant ways to find talent and get the best out of it. The only challenge has been staying healthy.

                    Realistically even looking at last years draft the team came away with two big steals in DeAngelo Williams and Richard Marshall a player who's outplayed all cornerbacks in the draft.

                    How can Carolina not be up there when they've consistently beaten those in lofty status, consistently made the playoffs and made noise once there?

                    This team's front office is very, very good. The whole staying healthy thing has been this teams real rival for the better part of three years now.
                    Yes, Carolina is one of the best new franchises of the past 20 years no doubt. They need a SB ring though.

                    But its hard to put Carolina in as top 5 to me, because theres so much history with other franchises, its hard for me to put such a young franchise in there.

                    The Bears, Packers and Giants should be top 3 by default. Those 3 teams made the NFL what it is. The next 2 in the top 5 should probably be the Steelers, and (hate to say it) the Cowboys. This is looking at it from a historical perspective.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                      For those citing Super Bowl victories, I guess the NFL pre-1965 doesn't count to you?
                      No it doesn't count......a far a most people are concerned unless your a Cleveland Browns fan and then you have a legit beef


                      "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                      Mike Tirico

                      Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                      Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                      "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        Since 2000.

                        Carolina are in there with them because if you look at their record under john fox they've been incredibly successful.

                        Superbowl and NFCCG appearance in three years. The other two years the team ranked last and second last for the rate of starters missing games.

                        Last year the team had the 7th ranked defense while missing the middle linebacker, one defensive end, a safety and 2 cornerbacks for a lot of games. No one on that defense was healthy and it still ranked 7th with no offensive support.

                        Steve Smith, Foster, Williams, Wahle, Hartwig, Wharton, Delhomme, Hoover, Seidman all went down at some point in the year, yet the team still pushed for a playoff spot and went 5-1 in the divison.

                        Fox took a team that was 1-15 and took them 7-9 before a superbowl birth in 03. In 04 the team had 22 players on IR... 14 of them starters. The next year the team went to the NFCCG and lost because we had injuries at RG, to our first 6 RBs on the depth chart, peppers, jenkins, morgan and minter.

                        Our free agent acquisitions were Stephen Davis before 03 who got 1444 yards on the season, we drafted Peppers, Jenkins, Witherspoon, Gamble, Smith, Gross, Wharton, Ricky manning Jr, who're all extremely good in their roles. We've brought in Ken Lucas pro bowl calibre CB, Maake Kemoeatu who's been very impressive, Mike Wahle who's one of the best run blocking gaurds in the NFL and also got keyshawn johnson.

                        Jake Delhomme was a diamond in the rough find and one of the best all time in the postseason. Every year we have players go onto big pay days elsewhere who we draft or brought in as journeymen. The team finds brilliant ways to find talent and get the best out of it. The only challenge has been staying healthy.

                        Realistically even looking at last years draft the team came away with two big steals in DeAngelo Williams and Richard Marshall a player who's outplayed all cornerbacks in the draft.

                        How can Carolina not be up there when they've consistently beaten those in lofty status, consistently made the playoffs and made noise once there?

                        This team's front office is very, very good. The whole staying healthy thing has been this teams real rival for the better part of three years now.
                        Yes but they have consistently under achieved, for the last three years every one has predicted the panthers to at least make it to the super bowl


                        "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                        Mike Tirico

                        Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                        Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                        "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                          No it doesn't count......a far a most people are concerned unless your a Cleveland Browns fan and then you have a legit beef
                          Why wouldn't it count? Because it is not called the "Superbowl"? Is that your argument. What is the Superbowl, the NFL Championship. So why wouldn't an NFL championship count?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                            Yes but they have consistently under achieved, for the last three years every one has predicted the panthers to at least make it to the super bowl
                            Did you not read what I said about injuries? 2 of the past 3 years we've lost pivotal players. Last year here's out injury list for more than one game.

                            QB -3 games
                            FB - 2 games
                            RB1 - 4 games
                            RB 2 - 4 games
                            LT - 16 games
                            C- 16 games
                            LG - 3 games
                            DE - 3 games
                            CB - 4 games
                            CB2 - 3 Games
                            S - 5 Games
                            MLB - 16 games
                            WLB - 3 games
                            WR1 - 2 games
                            WR 3 - 2 games
                            TE1 - 16 games

                            Need I go on?

                            Edit: we still went 8-8 and 5-1 in the division including a sweep of new orleans.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Why wouldn't it count? Because it is not called the "Superbowl"? Is that your argument. What is the Superbowl, the NFL Championship. So why wouldn't an NFL championship count?
                              I think I phrased it wrong....it does count but even the NFL doesn't hype the accomplishments of teams before the super bowl era....if they cared they would just add NFL Championships(not AFL Championships mind you) to the total of Super Bowls that teams have won. The NFL would count total number of championship rather then just Super Bowl Victories


                              "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

                              Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                              Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                              "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Ccccooollts. :]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information