In history.
    1.SF
    2.Pitt
    3.Dallas
    4.Oakland
    5.NE
    6.WAS
    7.GB
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Recently = Baltimore Ravens / New England Patirots

History = Packers/ Bears/ Steelers

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

1)Green Bay- won first two super bowls, sucess continues, once a dynasty, greatest history
        2)Pittsburgh- been to most super bowls, once a dynasty
        3)New England- Lost 2 SB's b4 winning 3 of 4, dynasty in an age when people thought one could not arise
        4)San Fran-5-0 in SB, had sucess with YA Title in the 70's and Jeff Garcia in the late 90's
        5)Miami-First perfect season, many SB's
        6)Dallas-2nd most SB's always have been good in every decade
        7)Oakland-Many super bowls, many great players
        8)Chicago-Most dominant D ever, a return to greatness is happening todau
        9)Balt/Indy Colts-Team defined the game in the 50's
        10)Cleveland Browns-First real dynasty
        11)Washington-Many super bowls and wins
        12)Baltimore Ravens-Most dominate D in the 90's-00's
        13)NY Giants-2 SB wins, one of the 3 greatest D's ever
        14)Kansas City-First good AFL team
        15)NY Jets-First AFL team to win SB
        Honorable mention: Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings
        Last edited by neko4; 03-28-2007, 07:40 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Jaguars.

Why?

Because I said so.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
            Jaguars.

Why?

Because I said so.
            You could find good reasos, like they killed Marino in his last game, wasnt that a 63-7 playoff win for JAX?

Comment

Which franchise is worth the most money?

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                In history.
                1.SF
                2.Pitt
                3.Dallas
                4.Oakland
                5.NE
                6.WAS
                7.GB
                How far back does said 'history' reach?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

In history.
                  1.SF
                  2.Pitt
                  3.Dallas
                  4.Oakland
                  5.NE
                  6.WAS
                  7.GB
                  Originally posted by Boston View Post
                  How far back does said 'history' reach?
                  Seriously, GB is called Titletown for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                    1)Green Bay- won first two super bowls, sucess continues, once a dynasty, greatest history
                    2)Pittsburgh- been to most super bowls, once a dynasty
                    3)New England- Lost 2 SB's b4 winning 3 of 4, dynasty in an age when people thought one could not arise
                    4)San Fran-5-0 in SB, had sucess with YA Title in the 70's and Jeff Garcia in the late 90's
                    Honorable mention: Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings
                    I hate to be a homer (but lord knows this thread is full of them anyway) but to have New England ranked ahead of SF is ludicrous. The Pats are very good, but they've won 3 Super Bowls and 3<5. Plus, their dynasty has extended just 6 years-- meaning they've got roughly ten more years to go before they can claim to match the longevity of SF's 16 year run, from their first SB win in '81 to Steve Young's last full season in '98. So the only question remaining is whether you really count 3 lost Super Bowls for the Pats more than two won Super Bowls for the Niners. To me there's no comparison.

Who knows... in another 5-10 years the Patriots might be legitimately ahead of the 49ers, but for now, no way. Especially when you consider the level of competition. The 49ers of the eighties and nineties were competing against Chicago's 46 defense, the Giants under Parcells, the Redskins under Gibbs, the Cowboys of the early nineties, and the Packers with Holmgren and Favre. Who are the great teams the Patriots have had to overcome? The Colts with Peyton might be one, and that first SB win over the Rams' "Greatest Show on Turf" was truly spectacular, but none of their other opponents rise to the level of competition the 49ers dynasty faced.

Comment

Hey Bsaza, if you're America's poster, can I be Canada's poster?

Also, Broncos FTW.

And also Steelers, 9ers, Packers, Bears, and everyone except the Raiders.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

In history.
                        1.SF
                        2.Pitt
                        3.Dallas
                        4.Oakland
                        5.NE
                        6.WAS
                        7.GB
                        Maybe you should do your homework becuase no way on God's green earth are the Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, and Washington Redskins better franchises than the Green Bay Packers. Even Oakland is a stretch. Question: Who's the Super Bowl trophy named after???? Who won the 1st 2 Super Bowls??? Who plays in the most storied NFL Stadium???? Who palyed in the most imfamous game ever????? Last of all, who has won more World Championships than any other franchise with 12???? Like I said do your homework!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Some of you don't know anything about the history of the game. I'd love to hear some reasoning why the Bills and Vikings, who have never won a championship, are historically a better franchise than the Bears, who have won 9.

Seriously, if you're talking about historically, the lowest you could put the Packers or the Bears is in the top 5.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Some of you don't know anything about the history of the game. I'd love to hear some reasoning why the Bills and Vikings, who have never won a championship, are historically a better franchise than the Bears, who have won 9.

Seriously, if you're talking about historically, the lowest you could put the Packers or the Bears is in the top 5.
                            Its about damn time you posted in this thread.

Ive said that the Bears, Packers, and Giants should be in the top 3 by default. I have Pittsburgh and Dallas to round out the top 5.

The Colts? Im unsure where they stand. Most of their historic success was in Baltimore. And Cleveland and Cinncy had a lot of success too, but I wouldn't put them in the top 5.

Comment

I've got to go with the Bears Steelers and Packers along with the Giants. The owners of those teams helped pave the way for the NFL to be what it is today. Of course a few of those guys are dead, but the family and what the franchises mean with wins championships and lplayers in the HOF is incredible. The niners and pats have had success here and there, but they are not in the same category as these others. The Browns and the Raiders also have alot to do with success of the NFL. There is alot more than a couple of good years to consider about whio and what is great.

Comment

Here kids....read...it's good for you.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/teams.jsp

www.nfl.com/history

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information