Bly signs new 5 year deal with Denver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    and we all know that the tackle statistic is the end all be all of defensive ability.
    Yeah, and I also watched those games. Does that count?

Comment

based on what, exactly?
      The organization's excuse of "Well we tried to give him a contract extension, but his asking price was too high" AKA He wouldn't take a home-town discout so we had to trade him. AKA He doesn't care that much about Denver, so it's ok.

Comment

Players move on. Teams have to make moves, and fans have to live with it. Wilson has a few more productive years left, but he'll be okay. He was part of the heart and soul of that defense. I think the coaching staff will miss him quite a bit next season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Since when does talent = importance? Wilson is still quite skilled, enough to be top half of current MLB. However, he is to his defense like Ray Lewis is to Baltimore... that leadership alone makes him vastly important.

Comment

What a dumb move by the Broncos. You can't underestimate the effect a talented and experienced MLB has on a defense. I hope Wilson ends up on a good team.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              Obviously, the Broncos feel like Al Wilson was replacable in their defense, and that the benefits of an amazing CB duo would compensate them for the loss of Wilson. You can't have a perfect team in every respect in the NFL anymore. Some places will be weak, and some veterans have to move on. I like Al Wilson, and I wish him luck.
              Very well put! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                Since when does talent = importance? Wilson is still quite skilled, enough to be top half of current MLB. However, he is to his defense like Ray Lewis is to Baltimore... that leadership alone makes him vastly important.
                More like Money = Importance. If you're making 5.2 million, then you better be earning it in this business, I guess.

Comment

It's nice that they were able to lock up Bly. It allows Bates to be more aggressive and to change the tempo of the game.

Comment

I was surpised that the Broncos spent that much on Graham. I'm also surprised Graham really wanted to go to Denver to play second fiddle to Scheffler...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

i have no idea if you're serious, because that's flawed. i don't want him to take a pay cut, i want them to stop throwing money, pacman style, at daniel fricking graham and keep players we need.
                      Yeah, Daniel Graham was a case of the Broncos being too stubborn to let a team beat them in the offseason. Seattle was on their way to stealing both Graham and Kerney from us and the Broncos caved and blew their whole offseason wad on a blocking tight end. Dumb, I know.

Comment

Graham is pretty good as a redzone threat, also. I always wondered why the Patriots never went to him more often there. Granted they play with a number of TEs, or hybrid FBs in some cases, and have had a strong running game (overall) in the last few years.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

TE's are supposed to be good redzone threats. It's basically part of their job description. Any NFL TE should be a good redzone threat. Graham has the skills to be a second tier starting TE. He is better than what the Pats used him for, and he is also better than what the Broncos will use him for.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Graham is pretty good as a redzone threat, also. I always wondered why the Patriots never went to him more often there.
                            [sarcasm]
                            Why throw it to a TE when you've got a perfectly good LB wasting away on the bench? Clearly, giving Vrabel his offensive touches is far and away the top priority for the team.
                            [/sarcasm]

Comment

Diehard, kudos on the spite and sarcasm. I like it!

Comment

There go the chances of him becoming a Saint. Not that actually wanted to trade for him anyhow.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information