No announcement yet.

Bly signs new 5 year deal with Denver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to njx for correcting me. Edit: The Broncos weren't going to give up 2 contributing players and a 5th rounder for Bly only to let him go elsewhere.
    Last edited by bsaza2358; 03-28-2007, 04:58 PM.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
      Since when does talent = importance? Wilson is still quite skilled, enough to be top half of current MLB. However, he is to his defense like Ray Lewis is to Baltimore... that leadership alone makes him vastly important.
      exactly. baltimore would be a much worse defense with out his leadership. he pushs players who could be average into the very good category. he makes them give 100% other wise he'll get on them

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

If he chooses, I think Ray Lewis will be a tremendous coach in the future.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I will edit. They gave up 2 contributors/starters and a pick for a player. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            I will edit. They gave up 2 contributors/starters and a pick for a player. My mistake.
            Here I will edit it for you also

They gave up 2 players who were going to be cut and a 5th pick for a player

Comment

I give up!

Comment

I'm sure the Broncos could deal Champ back to the Redskins for the #6 pick, next year's #1, and a conditional nipple from Dan Snyder's wife...

Comment

dre bly was so good before detroit

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

this upsets me. Dre Bly is 100% about his money. he doesnt care about denver, i am not even sure he cares about football other then the massive pay checks. I am sure he'll be productive here but he could careless about his team. Yet, denver gives him a HUGE contract and then is gonna cut Al wilson, a true bronco.

The only positive i see out of this whole ordeal is DJ is probably gonna be moved to the middle which excites me. as wilson has sayed when DJ wasnt getting much time the past few seasons "He has more talent then any linebacker ive ever seen, but its just not his time yet. and when its his time he'll have the oppurtunity to become one of the greats" or something like that. Having a young DJ on the field every down could be more productive then an ageing wilson. if we pick up a suitable OLB in the draft (rufus alexander, earl everett, or a typical speedy undersized backer later in the draft) wilsons loss isnt as huge. Lynch and champ can take over the leadership roles with DJ being groomed to be the next wilson.

Sig byDLS42

Comment

He was overpaid and they need to keep Wilson and not Bly.

Comment

Originally posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post
                        this upsets me. Dre Bly is 100% about his money. he doesnt care about denver, i am not even sure he cares about football other then the massive pay checks. I am sure he'll be productive here but he could careless about his team. Yet, denver gives him a HUGE contract and then is gonna cut Al wilson, a true bronco.

The only positive i see out of this whole ordeal is DJ is probably gonna be moved to the middle which excites me. as wilson has sayed when DJ wasnt getting much time the past few seasons "He has more talent then any linebacker ive ever seen, but its just not his time yet. and when its his time he'll have the oppurtunity to become one of the greats" or something like that. Having a young DJ on the field every down could be more productive then an ageing wilson. if we pick up a suitable OLB in the draft (rufus alexander, earl everett, or a typical speedy undersized backer later in the draft) wilsons loss isnt as huge. Lynch and champ can take over the leadership roles with DJ being groomed to be the next wilson.
                        A selfish player?! Never heard of that..

Comment

if we pick up a suitable OLB in the draft (rufus alexander, earl everett, or a typical speedy undersized backer later in the draft) wilsons loss isnt as huge.
                          We need an undersized LB? No way. We need a strongside backer. DJ should've been a replacement for Gold on the weakside, but instead has spent far too much on the strong side where his talents are not fully utilized. Get someone big, strong and fast who can match up with TE's and take on blockers in the running game. Good blitzing skills would be a nice asset as well.

Anyway, I'm glad the situation with Bly is resolved. Now, if we could only convince Shanny to make improving the pass rush his #1 priority in the draft...

Comment

Exactly. You have to look at this side, because it's obvious Wilson was not in the plans for 07, his name was whispered all around the league in trades, he fails a physical and now he will likely be cut. There's nothing we can do but move on and hopefully find another leader for our front-7. I'm confident DJ can play like Wilson, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the personality to act like an Al Wilson. Williams has been a farily quite guy, let's hope he developed some leadership skills under Al.

And as a side note to the draft, I think we need a good coverage backer to replace DJ on the strongside. Maybe Stewart Bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              i have no idea if you're serious, because that's flawed. i don't want him to take a pay cut, i want them to stop throwing money, pacman style, at daniel fricking graham and keep players we need.
                              Even the Broncos front office makes it rain

Comment

Boy, and to think I thought he was overpayed in Detroit . . .
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information