No announcement yet.

Would a Chris Henry or Odell Thurman have any value?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, coaches don't want these type of guys on their team

What I've found as a Bengals fan is that if you depend on this type individual, they will eventually disappoint you. Practice all week and then the guy doesn't show up on Sunday or in Henry's case, he actually dropped a couple key TD catches that would have meant victories and you would have to believe that his mind isn't always on his job with all the troubles he has. That said, both are outstanding talents and I think Henry is a Superstar if he could stay clean.

First and foremost before any team takes a flyer on Odell Thurman, I'm sure they would want to know if he will be reinstated? If so I could see someone with parting with a Day 2 prospect for him because why his on-field talent is uncanny but said team would definitely need a veteran locker room to embrace and educate the young man. As for Chris Henry, the Bengals whether right or wrong have stuck by him and I couldn't see them parting with him for anything less then a 1st round or possibly mid 2nd round pick. He is weapon in that offense and despite his offenses he's still suiting up for them. Once again a more veteran locker room could be a positive influence on him on and off the field.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Maybe Thurman, but I highly doubt Henry, whom a lot, a lot of teams were leery of when he came out. That said, personally, I doubt anyone pulls the trigger on either, with Thurman having been away for a full year and having his issues, that's hard to justify.

Thurman could still be an amazing linebacker and Henry could still be a dominant receiver. They both need a good clip round the ear.

I'm curious to see what happens to both when they become FA's. No way we trade either before then...

They have elite type talent.... They're just idiots.

I'd take Thruman and Henry for a 4th or 5th

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Debug Information