Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Chris Henry or Odell Thurman have any value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Chris Henry or Odell Thurman have any value?

If cleared by the NFL, would either of these guys have any value? Would you want your team to trade for them and if so, what rd draft pick would be a fair offer?

I'd give a 7th for Thurman.

Comment

Thurman has value.....if Roger Goodell had any balls he would kick Henry out of the league

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooo

Comment

I'd take Thurman on the Lions in a second. Sometimes a jolt like having your team kick you to the curb can wake a guy up. And then if it doesn't, goodbye, we don't have your signing bonus on our books anyway so there's the door.

Comment

I can definitely see Odell Thurman or Chris Henry having some appeal to NFL teams. Off of the top of my head, the Raiders would seem like an excellent fit for picking up either one of them. Maybe Oakland sending the fifth round pick that they acquired from New England for Doug Gabriel to pick up another wide receiver, Henry, who would be an upgrade at least as far as talent goes? While these comparisons were way off base, there were mentions of Henry being similar to Randy Moss and the Raiders obviously felt as though a tall and lanky player with good hands who could stretch the field would be useful. Oakland could move Randy Moss to the Packers or another team, lowering their asking price from a first-round pick to maybe a second rounder and some change to get the value closer, and replace him by trading their late fifth for Henry. I feel as though Chris is actually a player of fairly high character. He seems like someone the Patriots would like, although we are pretty good at wide receiver for now and don’t have that much as far as bargaining pieces go. Most of his off the field concerns don’t negatively affect the team, and by all accounts he is someone who responds with “Yes, sir” and “No, sir”, works extremely hard to better himself, and gives 100% on the field. Other Bengals have said that he’s a good guy, and if he can stay out of trouble he is an excellent player. Thurman could have the value of a sixth round pick or so, maybe even a late fifth. He’s extremely talented but, like Henry, has legal troubles that would push his value down.

Comment

I would be fine withthe falcons giving up a 7th for Thurman. The LB coach BVG was the def. coordinator for thurman when he was at UGA. Even though LB isn't a need for the falcons it would allow brooking to move back to OLB.

Comment

i dont understand why a team wouldnt want a good player because of off-field issues. you always hear about teams wanting to cut a player because he is causing trouble off the field. as long as he is not being a nuisance in the locker room who cares. when i hear of pacman jones i dont think about the titans. thats gotta be the only reason they cut players, because it gives their organization a bad name. i would love to pick up either of these players.

Comment

as long as they are performing on the field.i dont give a **** what they are doing on their own time

Comment

Gotitans, you are definitely in the minority here, and you generally won't find an NFL GM who will agree with you.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I am with njx. (It is no suprise because he is rational and smart...) Football players are very highly exposed and are local, national, or international celebrities. They have a responsibility as citizens to not break the law. They have a greater responsibility as celebrities to use their clout for the good of the community. At worst, they should at least not be detrimental to the community. People with natural talents deserve what they get, but they need to take responsibility for their status and set a proper example.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I wouldn't give up anything for Chris Henry, but the tops I would give up fpr Thurman is maybe a 5th or 6th.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Ask the Bengals what happens when to your team when you have multiple players arrested,

And with Goodall's new powers, you may find your new but troubled players suspended.

Comment

I don't think Goodall is going to abuse his powers. He is just going to take an active role in teaching these players a lesson for their mistakes. It is a stopgap and a PR move to keep the NFL at the top of the sports limelight.

Comment

Don't be a gloater... It's unbecoming.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information