Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jack Lambert Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Jim Brown is another product of being much bigger than his competitors. He's like Walt Chamberlin to me; completely dominant at his time, but not the greatest because of that.

    Plus he hit women. Anyone that hits women is completely whiped off my list of anything good.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Jim Brown is another product of being much bigger than his competitors. He's like Walt Chamberlin to me; completely dominant at his time, but not the greatest because of that.

      Plus he hit women. Anyone that hits women is completely whiped off my list of anything good.
      And Wilt is considered one of the GOATs. I don't know why you would hold someone of exceptional physical gifts back just for being born that way.

      He hit women, yes. He has also done more to end gang violence single handedly than anyone before him, was the first black action star, and was a Playgirl centerfold. What's not to like?

      Comment


      • #33
        You can't take personal lives into account. Thered be a whole lot of NFL players you would have to reject if thats the case.

        As far as Barry Sanders, goes, this is one of the big misconceptions of him: he had no oline.

        That is not true. The problem was, ironically, Sanders had no vision. He would continually not hit the proper hole, and would rather dance in the backfield to try to break a long run.

        Thats why he was an inconsistent runner. There were many times he couldve gotten 4, but thats not Barry. He rather dance and try to get 80. Thats my main issue with him.

        None the less, he had his best year when he finally got a FB to show him the way. Not surprising since his vision was below average.

        As for Jim Brown. He was the best ever. Arguably the most dominant offensive player in NFL history. Yeah he was bigger than everyone, but we can't hold that against him.
        Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-29-2007, 05:03 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          You can't take personal lives into account. Thered be a whole lot of NFL players you would have to reject if thats the case.
          I can do whatever I want. I could care less if players do drugs or aren't nice people, gamble, carry guns, "make it rain", whatever. However, if you beat women or drive drunk you are not eligible for any sort of praise from me. Be lucky you aren't in jail and leave it at that.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I can do whatever I want. I could care less if players do drugs or aren't nice people, gamble, carry guns, "make it rain", whatever. However, if you beat women or drive drunk you are not eligible for any sort of praise from me. Be lucky you aren't in jail and leave it at that.
            Is there something you wanna tell us BF51?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by njx9
              i don't buy that barry ever had an o-line. he didn't have NO o-line (lomas brown was a pretty good LT), but it wasn't collectively ever better than mediocre.
              It was average. Maybe a little below average. Not 2007 Oakland Raider bad though.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                I can do whatever I want. I could care less if players do drugs or aren't nice people, gamble, carry guns, "make it rain", whatever. However, if you beat women or drive drunk you are not eligible for any sort of praise from me. Be lucky you aren't in jail and leave it at that.
                Not to seem overly assholeish, but this whole idea of feminism is amusing to me. What I'm about to say isn't something I openly advocate. Just pointing out some inconsistencies.

                If everybody wants women to be viewed as men's "equals," yet they want more severe punishments for hitting a woman instead of a man.

                Also, in order to get a job as, say, a police officer, one must pass a variety a physical tests. The qualifications for women are far, far easier than those that men are forced to pass.

                If feminists are really clamoring for equality, then it should be equality throughout everything. Is it really fair to let women pick and choose the parts that they want to be equal, and then use the rest to their advantage?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Not to seem overly assholeish, but this whole idea of feminism is amusing to me. What I'm about to say isn't something I openly advocate. Just pointing out some inconsistencies.

                  If everybody wants women to be viewed as men's "equals," yet they want more severe punishments for hitting a woman instead of a man.

                  Also, in order to get a job as, say, a police officer, one must pass a variety a physical tests. The qualifications for women are far, far easier than those that men are forced to pass.

                  If feminists are really clamoring for equality, then it should be equality throughout everything. Is it really fair to let women pick and choose the parts that they want to be equal, and then use the rest to their advantage?

                  Ugh...I HATE feminists. But let's leave that out of this thread. I propose you make a separate thread on that in off topic.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Ugh...I HATE feminists. But let's leave that out of this thread. I propose you make a separate thread on that in off topic.
                    I don't even want to, as I doubt people on here would even care. In fact, I don't even care that much. I just feel like if you're going to ***** about wanting equality, then you better not complain when you get total equality.

                    Now - resume thread. Sorry for hijacking.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      i think, in comparison to any other running back you'd consider even top 20, it was likely the worst collection of overall talent (though i'm open to discussion). i'd also say that, as a result of the schemes run, a fair number of the plays weren't your typical drive block plays that would have given barry a wide open lane to run through. the run and shoot offense wasn't really known so much for being a great "run" offense. barry never even had a fullback until his later years, something that is basically unheard of today.
                      That is all true. I can't deny the sucktitude of the Lion's front office and their inept coaching.

                      RB is a toughy. Id go with Brown, but I guess a legit argument can be made for Sanders.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i think, in comparison to any other running back you'd consider even top 20, it was likely the worst collection of overall talent (though i'm open to discussion). i'd also say that, as a result of the schemes run, a fair number of the plays weren't your typical drive block plays that would have given barry a wide open lane to run through. the run and shoot offense wasn't really known so much for being a great "run" offense. barry never even had a fullback until his later years, something that is basically unheard of today.
                        At the same time, though, the run-n-shoot offense should have been ideal for a back like Barry, as it spreads the defense out and opens up huge cutback lanes.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          You guys have a really warped idea of what most feminists are like. In fact, I would argue that about 80-85% of the population of the U.S, as ignorant as it is, are feminists. It just gets a bad rep because of the way it's portrayed.

                          In regards to physical abuse, women that cause physical harm to their partners are equally prosecuted. The fact is that most men will not report that out of embaressment because of how macho our society is. It's the same thing with cases of underage sex. It's not women that aren't equally prosecuting it, in fact they are much more virulent, it's men that think 30 year old women that sleep with 14 year old boys are "cool".
                          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-29-2007, 05:50 PM.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Not to seem overly assholeish, but this whole idea of feminism is amusing to me. What I'm about to say isn't something I openly advocate. Just pointing out some inconsistencies.

                            If everybody wants women to be viewed as men's "equals," yet they want more severe punishments for hitting a woman instead of a man.

                            Also, in order to get a job as, say, a police officer, one must pass a variety a physical tests. The qualifications for women are far, far easier than those that men are forced to pass.

                            If feminists are really clamoring for equality, then it should be equality throughout everything. Is it really fair to let women pick and choose the parts that they want to be equal, and then use the rest to their advantage?
                            QFT.

                            Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

                            by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              You guys have a really warped idea of what most feminists are like. In fact, I would argue that about 80-85% of the population of the U.S, as ignorant as it is, are feminists. It just gets a bad rep because of the way it's portrayed.
                              Then you're warping the definition of feminism. I believe it is understood when you mean "feminist" that you mean someone who emphasizes women's rights and actively tries to advance such. The 80-85% percent who you are talking about are people off the street who say "Yeah, I'm for women's rights." They don't count in the traditional definition.

                              Eh, we really shouldn't be talking about this, but I had to take a stab...

                              by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                                Then you're warping the definition of feminism. I believe it is understood when you mean "feminist" that you mean someone who emphasizes women's rights and actively tries to advance such. The 80-85% percent who you are talking about are people off the street who say "Yeah, I'm for women's rights." They don't count in the traditional definition.

                                Eh, we really shouldn't be talking about this, but I had to take a stab...
                                No, you just don't understand what the traditional definition is. You can't take a stab at me. Not when it comes to this.

                                And I would say that 80-85% of people do empathize (I'm guessing that is what you meant) with the fact that women are still paid less and are less likely to recieve promotions than men are. Whether or not they are actively trying to change that is another story. I'm very strongly against genocide, that doesn't mean I'm going to Sudan anytime soon.


                                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information