The Jack Lambert Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    No, you just don't understand what the traditional definition is. You can't take a stab at me. Not when it comes to this.

And I would say that 80-85% of people do empathize (I'm guessing that is what you meant) with the fact that women are still paid less and are less likely to recieve promotions than men are. Whether or not they are actively trying to change that is another story. I'm very strongly against genocide, that doesn't mean I'm going to Sudan anytime soon.
    There is a legitimate reason that women are paid less and promoted less then men. It is a proven fact that women take more time off work(granted it is maternity leave) then men do. It is also proven that women are in lower paying professions on average. Doctors, Lawyers, etc are all primarily men. Teachers are primarily women. Notice why the average amount a woman makes is less?

Women 25 years of age and over have been with their current employer 4.4 years, on average, compared to 5.0 years for men.

Women are also more likely to work part-time. In 2000, one-quarter of all women employees worked part-time, compared to less than 10 percent of men.

Among people ages 27 to 33 who have never had a child, women's earnings approach 98 percent of men's. So fine, there is a VERY slight difference when everything is equal.

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba/ba392/

You guys are using different definitions of feminism. BF51, you are using the traditional definition. Feminism hasn't been run by traditional feminists since probably before the 70's. If you ask someone what they consider feminism, the VAST majority would talk about the bra burning feminists, or feminazi's. The feminazi's are a plague on the traditional notion of feminism, which in itself is a good thing. But once you start getting the women who want men to be discriminated against, is where you have a problem.

Stoner, that is exactly how I feel. If women want completely equal rights, sign up with selective services. There are some things that men are better at then women, period. Physical activities for one. Make all those jobs have the same criteria for men and women. I'll take your example of firefighters. I want to know that if I am unconcious in a burning building, EVERY SINGLE ONE of those firefighters are able to carry me out. If a woman has to meet lower standards, those standards better still be enough to carry an almost 200 lb man out of a burning building if the job so requires.

Sanders had a mediocre, at best, offensive line during his entire career. Not to mention, he was on the most inept franchise in league history.
    Last edited by someone447; 03-29-2007, 05:20 PM.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dammit people, no more feminism in this thread. Take your hippie idealogies and we are the world bs to off topic.

Back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        that is one dusty field. the groundskeepers should be fired.
        Im guessing it was a baseball field that some teams play on.

Comment

Lambert is actually a cousin of mine, how kick ass is that!
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information