No announcement yet.

All NFLDC CB - Champ Bailey, Deangelo Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is obviously Bailey. I like Rashean, but he doesnt come close to Bailey. Lucas and Gamble aren't as good as Bailey either.

Sig by BoneKrusher
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
      Newman shut down Eric Parker, while McCardell tore through the defense, how impressive. :roll:

Joey Galloway - 2 Catches versus Hall in two games
      Terrell Owens - 5 Catches on 17 Attempts, 29%, while he averages catching 51% of the passes thrown his way.
      Chris Chambers - Held to to 3 catches, after this game Chambers was a manimal.
      Newman Stats

Terrel Owens - 5 catches 50 yards
      Randy Moss - 3 catches 44 yards
      Steve Smith - 1 catch 18 yards
      Larry Fitzgerald - 4 catches 36 yards
      Torry Holt - 4 catches 40 yards
      Ashley Lelie - 0 Catches 0 yards
      Amani Toomer game 1 - 2 catchess 11 yards
      Amani Toomer game 2 - 1 catch 8 yards
      Reggie Brown - 3 catches 15 yards
      Roy Williams - 5 catches 72 yards
      Eddie Kennison - 3 catches 45 yards

Total Touchdowns given up = ZERO

Comment

• Newman is a very good corner, no one's debating that one. Hall vs Newman is debatable. Even if I give you the win, that Newman played better last year;

Nate Clements
        Dunta Robinson
        Antrell Rolle
        Rashean Mathis
        Patrick Surtain
        Ty Law
        Ike Taylor
        Leigh Bodden

Are not as good as Hall. Especially considering that Hall has only played 1 1/2 season, as a starter. He'll be the best, this time next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
          Newman is a very good corner, no one's debating that one. Hall vs Newman is debatable. Even if I give you the win, that Newman played better last year;

Nate Clements
          Dunta Robinson
          Antrell Rolle
          Rashean Mathis
          Patrick Surtain
          Ty Law
          Ike Taylor
          Leigh Bodden

Are not as good as Hall. Especially considering that Hall has only played 1 1/2 season, as a starter. He'll be the best, this time next year.
          He's still young and improving I'll give Hall fans that much. He has the potential to be top 5 and possibly #1 corner in the league but right now he is around 10th. To be 10th best in your 3rd year is an accomplishment to be proud of. Currently, Clements, Surtain, and Dunta are elite while I can see why you take Hall ahead of the other corners.

Comment

• - Clements had an awful year last year. He let his contract get in the way of his play.

- What has Robinson done that Hall hasn't? He gets burned more than Hall too.

- I live in Kansas City, Surtain is not that good anymore. He's not elite anymore, like I said, back in 2003...

Comment

• Chris McAllistar

is my 2nd place

Comment

• Dunta Robinson has had probably 3/4 of a good year if that. He had a good stretch at the middle of his rookie season after starting off rough, then hit a wall. Last season he was very average.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Its a shame that T Newman isnt even on that list.

He was probably the best pure cover corner last year.

My favorite player is D Hall but not one receiver T New faced all year got the better of him.

Here are some stats from AdamJT13 who is a stat guru.....................

"Newman's final stats were 30 catches allowed out of 70 attempts (42.9 percent) for 320 yards and no touchdowns. He was never penalized for pass interference or illegal contact.

During the final six games, Newman allowed five catches out of 20 attempts (25.0 percent) for 56 yards -- which is 0.83 catches for 9.33 yards per game. During that stretch, he faced receivers such as Steve Smith (Pro Bowl), Torry Holt (Pro Bowl), Rod Smith (Pro Bowl), Santana Moss (Pro Bowl), Plaxico Burress (1,200 yards), Amani Toomer and Isaac Bruce, and they COMBINED for two catches for 11 yards against him."

"Newman doesn't follow the opponent's best receiver on every play in every game (no cornerback in the NFL does that). He plays his position and covers whoever lines up against him.

McCardell had one catch for 16 yards against Newman. Santana Moss had one catch for 9 yards (in two games) against Newman. Lloyd didn't catch a pass against Newman. Randy Moss didn't catch a pass against Newman. Roy Williams had three catches for 35 yards against Newman. Kennison had one catch for 22 yards. Those six guys COMBINED for six catches for 82 yards on 14 pass attempts against Newman.

Against Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Torry Holt, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Rod Smith and Amani Toomer, Newman allowed a TOTAL of six catches for 84 yards on 15 attempts."

Did i mention he played pretty much every down, and did not give up 1 td all year?

Even if you dislike the guy, you have to admit those stats are sick.
                  Give the dude his props

Comment

• http://forum.playitusa.com/index.php...ic=6333&st=135

The ‘Boys Blog — Terence Newman played better in ‘05 than in ‘04. There are some fans who think he’s ready for stardom and others who think he’s money already. Can he — is he — playing at a top level already? We ask in part because he’s getting a split decision from the national media. Sports Illustrated’s Paul Zimmerman named Newman as one of his All Pros last year but other scribes remember his whiff against Chris Cooley in the second Redskins game and beat his ratings up over that.

K.C. Joyner — I have to agree with Dr. Z on this one. A part of my take on Newman from SF 2006: “Newman placed in the top 12 in all of the major cornerback metric categories in the medium and deep pass levels and his short pass metrics were also good. He was possibly the most consistent cornerback in the NFL last year.”

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information