Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a 2 QB system not work in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Eli and Peyton Manning. Then they can be twice as effective at hitting kids in Unitedway.

Comment

Jeff Garcia is a pretty sick blocker, so I'm all for it for the Bucs. We could make the NFL into a ridiculous sideshow, but it would be so entertaining.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The 2 QB system is a terrible idea. However, I did like how the Titans brought Vince along by giving him a little bit of playing time every game.
        "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
        4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

having a 2 QB system would be like having 2 wifes.... almost impossible to keep them both happy and impossible to keep them from tearing the team apart.

The only way it works in college is if there is a large age difference between the 2 players. With a developed/devolping players.

Comment

Yeah, overall it's just a bad idea. The last time that I can think of it actually being used in the NFL, was back when Vinny Testeverde and Glen Foley split time, albeit for a short amount of time, with the Jets some years back.
            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Nice sig DHVF! lol

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Atlanta ran some trick plays, with Schaub and Vick, none of it did anything worth acclaim. As a full time offense, it would be a catastro****.
                Last edited by Shiver; 03-29-2007, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Nice sig DHVF! lol
                  :) He's sexy isn't he?
                  SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

its hard to compare what florida did to anything in the nfl...

especially since teams dont like their quarterbacks taking licks like tebow took in running it up the gut

i too wanna see the hefty lefty take on a linebacker though

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

I really dont think it would work and the above posters have posted most of the primary reasons why it wouldnt work and why no one tried it. Nevertheless, I would be very interested to see a team like the Falcons try a 2 QB system with Vick and Schaub or any team with a pocket passer and a mobile QB.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                        I really dont think it would work and the above posters have posted most of the primary reasons why it wouldnt work and why no one tried it. Nevertheless, I would be very interested to see a team like the Falcons try a 2 QB system with Vick and Schaub or any team with a pocket passer and a mobile QB.
                        Hard to do when Schaub is gone. Either way, in the handful of times they ran trick Vick-Schaub plays, none of them had any success. It was stupid, a tall tale sign of a desperate coaching staff who sensed their demise. Hence why it will never actually be used.

Comment

I think in theory if you had two guys like Vick you could run it from a shotgun formation. It would be very interesting, basically you would add a whole new element to the defense in that they have to guess which QB is getting it, then whether its a run or throw. This is the only way it could work though imo. Basically both guys would have to be dual threats, and able to recieve/block. It also would unnecessarily increase the chances of the guys getting hurt.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

It doesn't work very well in college, I think it has no chance of success in the nfl

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

If by two-quarterback system you mean Peyton Manning passing like gangbusters for 2.5-3 quarters and Jim Sorgi finishing off games, then yes, it can be done.

:)
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information