Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a 2 QB system not work in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a 2 QB system not work in the NFL?

The Chris Leak and Tim Tebow combination was really effective. I wondered what it would have been like if Matt Shaub and Mike Vick split time roughly 30-70 respectively. What are your thoughts? Of course, it'd be hard to pull off, but as long as the attack is balanced, then it would have been interesting on how teams would defend.
    I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser to try and slag me down because I know you're right.~ Green Day

I wish it would, not sure it would though.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I do want to see Jared Lorenzan run over a DT for a touchdown. That guy is awesome. And fat.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I hardly call that a 2 QB system, teams in college which switch QB's every 2 drives or so ala Erik Ainge Brent Shaeffer that would be a 2 QB system but Florida's was more of a trick package, no different than Antwaan Randle El lining up at QB a couple times a game like he did last year. A true 2 QB system would not work because of the lack of consistency, it's hard for a QB to go in and out and keep good rhythm, and in the NFL one mistake can cost you the game.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

they can always run the "Tenafly" formation. 2 QBs under center and 1 takes it :)

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
            they can always run the "Tenafly" formation. 2 QBs under center and 1 takes it :)
            Or two QBs in a split-shotgun. One guy gets it, the other does cool crap.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

No

It's so uncoventional on the NFL level that if at any point the team had less than stellar success, your coach would be murdered. College coaches recieved tons of flack for even suggesting this method.

As for the actual play - it would be very difficult. WR/QB relationship is something that isn't flipped on like a switch. To much a lesser extent, so it the C/QB relationship.

The only way I could see it working would be to have two QBs who can both give you something that the other can't. Vick/Schuab is a good example however I'm not sure if Schaub was a "too good to keep off the field" player.

I wouldn't mind seeing some teams use a backup on a series or two, espically when there offense faulters. IMO to often teams have a quality backup who just needs an opportunity (ie Romo, Rivers) Trying a fresh outlook can sometimes be a nice boast.

Comment

2 QB system in NFL = Worst idea ever

Comment

I would never do it. The starting QB of a team is usually looked to as a leader, and I would think switching QBs all the time would have an effect on the QB's confidence and rhythm.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

For the most part, the two quarterback system fails at the college level, too. The only reason why teams even use it, is because neither player did anything to separate himself in camp, and the coach is too indecisive to pull the trigger. More often than not, it ends up killing teams.

Like ghettosermon said, the situation in Florida wasn't really a two quarterback system. The team just had a package of plays that they ran with Tebow. It's not like they were having him run the offense and switching series with Leak. He'd never be in for more than a play or two.

It'd be a complete flop on the NFL level. One of the reasons it even has mild success on the collegiate level is because college practice times are incredibly limited, so it's much harder for defenses to zero in on every tendency and package a team puts in. That's not the case in the NFL, and it's a huge reason as to why defensive play in the NFL is so superior to that in college.

Comment

Doesn't work. Never has. Never will. Very difficult to do in the salary cap era too.

Comment

Eli Manning and Pat White (QB/RB). It would be fun to watch, that's for sure.

Comment

Hahhahahahhah
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

In college teams can get away with a QB to go in there and throw and the other to run, but in the NFL the DEs and LBs are too fast for that running QB option to rotate in there. Unfortunately for the Falcons they have a QB thats a running QB and they force him to complete passes where his is less effective :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

It's illegal to have two players with radio's in their helmet on the field at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information