No announcement yet.

Who is the...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one of the reasons I like Justin Harrell so much. He got a season ending bicep tear but couldn't miss his final game against Florida so he played the next game with that injury. I have a lot of respect for players like that.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Youngblood

Evidently it was a fractured left fibula....simply amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
        How is Vince Young football smart? Decision making is not his strong point.
        He threw when he had to and he ran when he had to. Made good throws when he had to.

Made a lot more good decisions than bad ones thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
          He threw when he had to and he ran when he had to. Made good throws when he had to.

Made a lot more good decisions than bad ones thats for sure.
          Is that why he had more INT's than TD's and completely only half of his passess?

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

Who is the fastest player in the NFL?
            Deangelo Hall
            Who is the Strongest player in the NFl?
            Larry Allen
            Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL?
            Ray Lewis
            Who is the smartest player in the nFL?
            Peyton Manning
            Who is the toughest player in the NFL?
            Brett Favre
            Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL?
            Adam Vinatieri
            Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL?
            Ed Reed

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              cardsalltheway, was that a joke for Mr. Clutch? Spare me the SB MVP with his sweet 1 TD and 2 pick performance. Manning is definitely un-clutch.

Who is the smartest player in the NFL? Peyton Manning (grudgingly picks Manning)

Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL? Tom Brady/Adam Vinatieri (The guy just wins)
              Manning only threw 1 INT in the Super Bowl, and he has actually led his team FROM BEHIND in a big game on his team's final drive (see: AFC Championship Game). When has Brady ever done that? When has Brady ever led his team back from 21 down on the road in 4 minutes against the defending World Champions? What has Brady ever done beyond two field goal drives in tie games to earn the "clutch" title? The one time he's been put into a situation where he had to lead his team from behind in a big spot in which his team needed a TD, he wound up throwing the game clinching INT. Sounds really "clutch" to me.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                Manning only threw 1 INT in the Super Bowl, and he has actually led his team FROM BEHIND in a big game on his team's final drive (see: AFC Championship Game). When has Brady ever done that? When has Brady ever led his team back from 21 down on the road in 4 minutes against the defending World Champions? What has Brady ever done beyond two field goal drives in tie games to earn the "clutch" title? The one time he's been put into a situation where he had to lead his team from behind in a big spot in which his team needed a TD, he wound up throwing the game clinching INT. Sounds really "clutch" to me.
                Peyton also has the most comeback wins in the last three seasons I believe. He single handedly won games for this team earlier this season because of it's horrible defense. I can agree to disagree with someone who says that he just isn't the most clutch, but saying that Peyton isn't clutch is very ignorant.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

yah i think you can get rid of that peyton cant win the big game thing now

Comment

ALthough i am a homer, you got to believe over the past year, chris simms was the toughest player

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                      Is that why he had more INT's than TD's and completely only half of his passess?
                      As a rookie who was just thrown into the mix. Yeah, he won at least 4 games for the Titans by putting the team on his back.

Just give the man his props already.

Comment

Only 1 person listed John Henderson as most intimidating? He gets my vote!

Comment

As a rookie who was just thrown into the mix. Yeah, he won at least 4 games for the Titans by putting the team on his back.

That doesn't mean he's smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment
                            Evidently it was a fractured left fibula....simply amazing.
                            Not taking anything away from the guy, but you don't even need your fibula at all to walk. I know this because I have no fibula in my left leg. Most of your body weight and stress is put on your femur(thigh bone), tibia(shin bone), feet, and joints(knee/ankle). So its not an amazing feat that he was still playing, especially since it was a fracture, which isn't a full break. Not to mention any pain killers he may have taken or wraps he put on. Not wanting to play the role of Debbie the Downer though. Its still a pretty cool story.

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                            How is Vince Young football smart? Decision making is not his strong point.
                            He's referring to the wonderlic test. Vince Young totally bombed that stupid test, and Alex Smith did quite well on it. Yet Alex Smith had a poor rookie season, and Vince Young has a great one. He's not really saying Vince Young is a great decision maker. Just that book smart and football smart don't always go hand in hand, which I think most of us can agree with. But I'm not sure if the OP was asking who had the most football smarts in the NFL, or who had the highest GPA in college.

Who is the fastest player in the NFL?
                            Steve Smith - Just his football speed, nibleness, and the fact he needs to be triple covered make me lean towards him. Just my opinion, tho, as I know is pure speed, he's not the fastest.

Who is the Strongest player in the NFL?
                            Larry Allen - He seems to be the popular pick.

Who is the most intimidating player in the NFL?
                            Champ Bailey - Not the most initimidating looking, but how many QB's are comfortable throwing to his side of the field?

Who is the smartest player in the NFL?
                            Peyton Manning - He knows that offense inside and out, and calls audibles at ease. His play on the field shows that.

Who is the toughest player in the NFL?
                            Steve McNair - I know Brett Favre is the Ironman and has the most consecutive starts for a QB, but watching Steve play in Tennessee and carry that team while often injured, I was obligated to put him.

Who is the Mr.Clutch in the NFL?
                            Andre Caldwell... Not really. Tom Brady/Adam Vinatieri - Both should share this, cuz without either of these two players at the end of those Super Bowls, they wouldn't have won.

Who is the biggest playmaker in the NFL?
                            LaDanian Tomlinson - NFL rushing TD record. League MVP. Need I say more?
                            Last edited by TitanHope; 03-30-2007, 11:43 PM.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

That still doesn't make him football smart.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                Ok, now i want some explaination from the guy that put Chris Simms. I'm hoping that it was a joke, but am not completely sure.
                                Simms is very tough, but read the explanation, it was a joke.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information