Steelers/Cardinals RUMOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers/Cardinals RUMOR

Eh, it's from PFT so take it for what it's worth.....

There's talk in league circles of a possible trade between the Cardinals and the Steelers for tackle Max Starks. The rumor is that, if the deal would go down, the Steelers and the Cardinals would flip-flip first round picks.
    The Cardinals hold the No. 5 overall pick, and the Steelers draft at No. 15.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Things are slowing down so atleast it's something new to argue about. ;)
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Seems like a big gap in pick value for an average offensive lineman . . .

Who would Pittsburgh be moving up to get? Gaines Adams?
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I can't say I'd be too happy with this trade. I don't think Starks would be the franchise LT the team is looking for.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

It really makes no snse for the Cards. They need O-Line help but jumping down 10 spots to acquire an average lineman doesn't seem to make too much sense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I would imagine Arizona sits where they are and waits to see if Joe Thomas falls to them. If he doesn't then they could weigh trade offers or take the best defensive player available.
          Originally posted by njx9
          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Max Starks is average? I've never seen much of him, but how good of a lineman is he?
            Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

Max Starks isn't very good this would be a bad deal for the Cards.
              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                I would imagine Arizona sits where they are and waits to see if Joe Thomas falls to them.
                Yep I would stay at 5 at least till you know Joe is off the board if the Raiders take CJ and Det and the Browns take a QB TB goes D then Joe would be sitting right there and a steal at 5.

Comment

Originally posted by I'mAHustler View Post
                  Max Starks is average? I've never seen much of him, but how good of a lineman is he?
                  He's not the type of linemen that would drastically improve the Cards line

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If both Gaines Adams and Joe Thomas were gone at the fifth pick, then I think this would be a ok trade. They get a guy whose a solid tackle and they're still in position to get someone like Leon Hall, Adam Carriker or Jarvis Moss.
                    Last edited by cardsalltheway; 03-31-2007, 09:54 AM.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Starks is an improving lineman, he works hard in the offseason, but he is not worth that kind of move.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Guys, Max Starks is a right tackle. He's an average one at best, but he sure can run block. He's way too slow out of his stance to keep up with speed rushers which is why he breaks down in pass protection.

Marvel Smith is the Steelers left tackle.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          Seems like a big gap in pick value for an average offensive lineman . . .

Who would Pittsburgh be moving up to get? Gaines Adams?
                          I think them trading up for Adams or Thomas makes the most sense, but why would the Cardinals give up so much in exchange for a mediocre right tackle?

Comment

but u also gotta relize is that starks is HUGE
                            hes is 6-8 like 350
                            hes huge
                            but he also has trouble against speed rushers
                            for example derrick burgess who scorched him for 2 or 3 sacks
                            i mean as a steeler fan i wont argue with us movin up to get gaines or whoever but starks isnt all that good

Comment

"There's talk in league circles of a possible"

Isn't that how everything from PFT starts?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information