Mike Williams vs. Troy Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    im gunna go with mike williams, just because i think with the proper coaching staff he could be moved to TE and used as an excellent underneath option. He was way more dominant in college then williamson, who was raw out of college and is still raw IMO. Id take williams, due to his college career and potential to succeed as a TE with proper motivation
    Mike Williams has never blocked anything in his life!

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
      Mike Williams has never blocked anything in his life!
      Soon, his arteries will prove you wrong.

Comment

Hopfully Big Mike can prove everybody wrong and be a somewhat productive Wide Receiver in he NFL, but he really needs to work a lot harder and get quicker and lose some weight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Thanks I needed a good laugh.
          Thats only in the morning, you should be up cooking breakfast or something. Its like an alarm clock. Woo Woo!!!

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.

Comment

I wish there was a neither option.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is by far my favorite topic to date.

I think the problem with both of these guys is the "systems" they've played in haven't featured them.
              In college BMW was thrown to pretty often..and in S.C. Troy "jump started" the offense. In the pro's , they've been forced to learn that there is only 1 ball and many many other people who can contribute.
              Neither has adjusted well, and both have been healthy benches (even last year...for T.W. the FINAL game of the year, when the Vikes had NOTHING to play for...he was a scratch.) I personally don't think either will ever have success playing for the teams they're currently under contract with.

..but being a Vikings fan, I'm going to hold out hope.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Hahahaha. If I could give you more rep, I would.

Comment

It all depends if Mike Williams ever decides to actually show up for games. He's a big, quick, and unbelievably talented receiver, there's really no reason that he shouldn't be a dominant player in this league if he realizes that he actually has to be some effort in while he plays. I doubt he realizes it this year, but if the Lions release him, hopefully he gets resigned by someone and realizes the error of his ways, I truly think he has a future in this league.

I don't see Williamson as ever being a "star" in this league (his hands aren't good enough for him to be an elite receiver), but hopefully he'll mature into a decent player. I think that in the right system, he'd be an excellent number 2 receiver, he's still young and hardworking guy with world class speed. At the very least, he'll be a good slot receiver and return man somewhere, though he just doesn't fit the Vikings' current system. I think he'll have a better year than Williams this year, though not a great year; the work they're doing to improve his vision should help the drops somewhat.

Credit goes to Guesswhosback

Comment

i'd take BMW because if willaism showed dedication and did what he had to do in terms of his weight and dedication then he could be a dominating wr. Williamson just seems like he cant catch the ball. The problem with BMW is not his size but his attitude and effort

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                      i'd take BMW because if willaism showed dedication and did what he had to do in terms of his weight and dedication then he could be a dominating wr. Williamson just seems like he cant catch the ball. The problem with BMW is not his size but his attitude and effort
                      That's a very big if.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

At least Mike Williams owned Terrence Newman on a smash route, for a TD, in the final game of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          At least Mike Williams owned Terrence Newman on a smash route, for a TD, in the final game of the year.
                          TNewman fan will be making excuses for months now.....did u have to mention that :P

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                            TNewman fan will be making excuses for months now.....did u have to mention that :P
                            Why do you think I mentioned it?

Comment

both dont work hard, but williamsons speed will make him useful for something

Go Ravens!

Comment

Honestly.... neither has had much of a chance to even break out yet. Mike has been sidelined for one reason or another for about a season total. Troy has been a bit buried in Minnesota.

Talk to me in year 4 or 5 of their careers, then we can talk bust/ressurection options.

I honestly think former first round pick Bryant Johnson is more talented than either of them and could be a legit number 1 if given the right opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information