Mike Williams vs. Troy Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
    Honestly.... neither has had much of a chance to even break out yet. Mike has been sidelined for one reason or another for about a season total. Troy has been a bit buried in Minnesota.

Talk to me in year 4 or 5 of their careers, then we can talk bust/ressurection options.
    QFT. Thank you.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
      Honestly.... neither has had much of a chance to even break out yet. Mike has been sidelined for one reason or another for about a season total. Troy has been a bit buried in Minnesota.

Talk to me in year 4 or 5 of their careers, then we can talk bust/ressurection options.

I honestly think former first round pick Bryant Johnson is more talented than either of them and could be a legit number 1 if given the right opportunity.
      Why do you think they've been burried? (and with Williamson that's not even an accurate statement).

When you can't beat out Josh McCown on the depth chart at WR, it's not "for some reason or another", it's because you aren't very good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Williamson, at least he can get open, and some major seperation. He's had solid games, Williams hasnt. He's slow as a turd rolling up hill, and refuses to consider moving to TE. If Williamson could figure out how to catch he'd be a force. If Williams wasnt fat, slow, and stubborn he'd have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Why do you think they've been burried? (and with Williamson that's not even an accurate statement).

When you can't beat out Josh McCown on the depth chart at WR, it's not "for some reason or another", it's because you aren't very good.
          But at least he torched Terrence Newman.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooath View Post
            Williamson, at least he can get open, and some major seperation. He's had solid games, Williams hasnt. He's slow as a turd rolling up hill, and refuses to consider moving to TE. If Williamson could figure out how to catch he'd be a force. If Williams wasnt fat, slow, and stubborn he'd have a chance.
            I don't think anyone has asked him.

Comment

I think its Mike Williams (and don't call me a homer). Williams has not been given the opportunity to play in this league, while Williamson has played considerable time with little results.

Mike Williams is a guy who was inherited by an entirely new coaching staff that includes Marinelli, a guy who has a "my way or the highway" approach to coaching, and Mike Martz, who has no use for a WR like Mike Williams (too big, not fast enough). The coaching staff has basically refused to put Williams in the lineup, primarily because he is overweight in the eyes of the team. In reality, Mike Williams is very near the same weight he played at while at Southern Cal. But his weight shouldn't be reason enough to keep him on the bench.

Williams should have a role for Detroit (and if not us, then he can definatly do it for some other team). He has rare size for a WR. He should be a major redzone threat due to his height and size.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Williams...Williamson was top 10 pick because he ran a fast 40....Williams was a Top 10 pick because of what he did on the field(which is very underated these days)!

Comment

I agree. Williams actually had a handful of decent games, as a rookie, in '05. His problem is he is the antithesis of a Mike Martz' receiver.

Comment

For the Bucs, i'd take Mike Williams and play him at TE. He needs proper coaching to help his work ethic, and being in his hometown would help too. I actually think we would sign him if he was a free agent.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      For the Bucs, i'd take Mike Williams and play him at TE. He needs proper coaching to help his work ethic, and being in his hometown would help too. I actually think we would sign him if he was a free agent.
                      In my mock draft....I had the bucs drafting him... I still remeber that ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                        In my mock draft....I had the bucs drafting him... I still remeber that ;)
                        According to wikipedia, his favourite team growing up was the Bills, and his favourite player was Barry Sanders because he would always torch the Bucs on local TV. Friggin bandwagoner......

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          According to wikipedia, his favourite team growing up was the Bills, and his favourite player was Barry Sanders because he would always torch the Bucs on local TV. Friggin bandwagoner......
                          Was barry sanders was god-like..He was my favorite player back then too(other then Troy Aikman)

Comment

If Williams can find a new team, preferably a west coast offense team, there is still hope for him (Tennessee perhaps? Chow and Fisher could maybe revive him). He's still only 23 after all.

Williamson's problem is that he never ever should have gone as high as he did. He had #2 or #3 reciever written all over him, and the talent surrounding him on offense is a joke. Minnesota needs to find a good #1 reciever that Williamson can complement. I was shocked, absolutely shocked, when they drafted him at #7. It was one of the worst top 10 draft selections I'd ever seen.
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Wouldn't a Williams for Williamson deal be interesting.

Comment

esily troy, this isnt even debatable

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information