No announcement yet.

Mike Williams vs. Troy Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well because Williams in infinitely more talented than Josh McCown, it's just Marinelli was stubborn and wouldn't put him on the field. If Williams would've been let on the field he would've been no worse than the #3 by season's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
      Well because Williams in infinitely more talented than Josh McCown, it's just Marinelli was stubborn and wouldn't put him on the field. If Williams would've been let on the field he would've been no worse than the #3 by season's end.
      I guess you could call it stubborn. I don't think most coaches would start players they thought were lazy or out of shape either, which is why I don't think Williams will ever amount to anything.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If Williamson would just hold on and adjust to the ball, I think he could qualify as decent. I don't know how you fix a reciever's confidence and ability to catch.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Neither have been in good situations but I do hold out hope for Troy. A QB who can throw over 10 yards more than once a game cant hurt. Inexperience in just about every position around him including himself will not help however.

He was 'raw' coming out (can the same be said of BMW?), I don't see how he's a bust after 2 years being thrown on a complete joke of an offence. That only applies however to people who weren't against him from the start (swagger).

Williamson will go into next season probably starting, has done more in his time, has a skill set that is more valuable, and a work ethic that whilst has been questioned is still above that of Williams, all more than can be said for the other guy on the poll. So i'd probably hold out more hope for Williamson to do more in his career. You can work on problems, completely changed someone's attitude towards life however...

The main problem is people on here prefer dealing with things that cant be qualified (me included) to prove their points (move him to TE, if he wakes up and smells the coffee blah blah he'll own the planet etc). I guess that's the point of the internet.
          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
            Yes....Madden is Real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            He's actually a 93 in my franchise and a Pro Bowler. I just have him work out of the slot all the time. So the answer to this question is Troy Williamson.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Soon, his arteries will prove you wrong.
              Ha ... that's a good one.

As for me, it's no question here. Williamson. Williams was overrated to begin with, and he lacks a work ethic as others have noted. If this eye thing is legitimate, who knows what Troy might do. If he could hold on to a few more balls, the production would go up a lot, as he can get open in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                If Williams can find a new team, preferably a west coast offense team, there is still hope for him (Tennessee perhaps? Chow and Fisher could maybe revive him). He's still only 23 after all.

Williamson's problem is that he never ever should have gone as high as he did. He had #2 or #3 reciever written all over him, and the talent surrounding him on offense is a joke. Minnesota needs to find a good #1 reciever that Williamson can complement. I was shocked, absolutely shocked, when they drafted him at #7. It was one of the worst top 10 draft selections I'd ever seen.
                At the end of that draft season, most of the talk was that most people had Williamson above Mike Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                  Wouldn't a Williams for Williamson deal be interesting.
                  I think it would actually make sense to an extent. If Mike Williams got in shape and gave effort, he could be a useful receiver in the scheme, and the Lions need another speed option in all honesty to ease the coverage away from Roy.

Comment

who has the better chance of improving his career? I'd say that if Williams wanted to, he could be a great WR/TE... a big guy that lines up in the slot would help any team... Williamson on the other hand, has to improve his hand to eye coordination and his catching skills, and that's something really hard to learn.. Williamson will probably be better, but Williams could be a beast if he tried

Comment

I think Mike Williams still has a chance to be a damned good player in the NFL, but he will never live up to his potential with the Lions. He's only 23. If he can keep his weight down and harder, he still has all the talent in the word.
                      Williamson's career is in a lot better shape than Williams though. He was 3rd on the Vikings in receiving, and was second among Vikings wide receivers. His ceiling is not as high as Williams though. If I had to pick one, I would pick Big Mike. I still haven't given up on him yet...I really think he just needs to play. The year long layoff from his last college game to being drafted really set him back. No matter how much you workout, you still need to be in gameshape. Williams needs to get on the field for a bit...and being in Rod Marinelli's dog house won't help him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

They're both busts.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                          At the end of that draft season, most of the talk was that most people had Williamson above Mike Williams.
                          Could be. I personally thought he had no business in the top 10. Nearing the end of that season he was more in the early 2nd range if I'm not mistaken with Mark Clayton solidly ahead of him. He rose due to workouts, and I'll always be skeptical of players like that.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I'm gonna go with Williamson, at least he can get on the field for playing time.

Sig by Ctmagic24

Comment

Well, they haven't been in the league so for people to completely label them as "100% Bust" just proves how quick people are to judge.

That said, I think Williams has the better chance of developing because the reason why he hasn't produced is more mentally linked, as opposed to skill or physical reasons. He can catch and run routes, he's just not very motivated and I believe if he changed that he could easily be a good wide receiver.

I should make a Mike Williams sig...
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Mike Williams by default. I've seen Williamson play and the guy literally has hands of stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information