Where will the QB class of 2004 rank all-time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver
    1983 will always be better. This was a better than usual class, but overrated. Neither Eli or Big Ben are as good as the media portrays them. Not as if their careers are over or anything, but Elway and Marino are some of the G.O.A.T.
    they make Ben look good because he wins. a large amount of that should go to the team he's on. Now Im not calling him Kyle Orton but he won the same way with a good Defense and a running game.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
      1983 will always be better. This was a better than usual class, but overrated. Neither Eli or Big Ben are as good as the media portrays them. Not as if their careers are over or anything, but Elway and Marino are some of the G.O.A.T.
      they make Ben look good because he wins. a large amount of that should go to the team he's on. Now Im not calling him Kyle Orton but he won the same way with a good Defense and a running game.
      Roethlisberger is definitely a good QB, but I agree he isn't yet what the media makes him seem.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
        Originally posted by GB12
        Roethlisberger is definitely a good QB, but I agree he isn't yet what the media makes him seem.
        yea I wasnt saying he wasnt. He was on a very good team and won so they overated him. but in the end isnt winning what its all about.

Comment

Re: Where will the QB class of 2004 rank all-time

Originally posted by steel man
          When you have a QB that shattered the record(that was held by another Steelers QB) for wins in a row, was the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl, has won the most games over a 2 year span(and missed games during that time), and has won the most games to start a career in Ben Roethlisberger (The Best QB in football).
          Then the Pedigree of Eli Manning
          Then you have the most accurate and most games played QB in college history in Philp Rivers
          Are you saying Roethlisberger is the best in Football?

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn
            When you have a QB that shattered the record(that was held by another Steelers QB) for wins in a row, was the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl, has won the most games over a 2 year span(and missed games during that time), and has won the most games to start a career in Ben Roethlisberger (The Best QB in football).
            Then you have the most accurate and most games played QB in college history in Philp Rivers

check his (steel mans) name
            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
            A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Some people mistake "Steelers win" for "Roethlisberger wins".
              Not to take anything away from Ben. I think he is a very good young QB. He did a very good job of not losing games for the Steelers. He played the role he was supposed to. To call him the best QB in the NFL is absolutely ridiculous though. That's worse than saying Alexander is the best RB. I think his moniker (steelman) explains it all.

Comment

Big Ben best QB in the game lol. :roll:

Comment

Someone said in a different thread that the term "overrated" is subjective and I totally agree. However, I don't think Ben is nearly as overrated as some tend to believe. Having the chance to watch him game in and game out I simply can not question his value or importance to the team. Make no mistake, he's still a bit raw (especially his rookie year), he likes to street ball it sometimes rather than dropping back and hitting his targets but his athleticism more than makes up for this. Ben isn't just a game manager, he throws in the first half and secures the lead. Second half is when our running game really shines. That is the Cowher way, run the ball, milk the clock and hold on for the victory. Look no further than the playoffs (sans the superbowl, that was a way subpar for Ben) to see how the team works with Ben under center. I can understand that some people don't get to watch him play as much and therefore the only real judgement they can go on is his statline and as far as pass attempts and yards they aren't staggering, but just watching him and how he wills the team to win should be enough to convince some people that he truly is a great young talent.

Having watched Eli and Schaub play I can also say that, in my opinion, they are going to be special as well. Who knows who will have the best career when it's all said and done but I think this class will be very successful. Unfortunately I only saw Rivers play against the Broncos and I don't think it would be fair to make a judgement on him until this year, but I have heard he is tearing up training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
                    Some people mistake "Steelers win" for "Roethlisberger wins".
                    Not to take anything away from Ben. I think he is a very good young QB. He did a very good job of not losing games for the Steelers. He played the role he was supposed to. To call him the best QB in the NFL is absolutely ridiculous though. That's worse than saying Alexander is the best RB. I think his moniker (steelman) explains it all.

I agree with what you have to say duckseason

Comment

I think they will be #10 i think at most we'll have one HOF QB then 3 probowlers.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

The only Hall of Famer, is Roethlisberger, because he fits the Troy Aikman role. Completely overrated because of his supporting cast making him look better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan
                          I think they will be #10 i think at most we'll have one HOF QB then 3 probowlers.
                          Can you honestly name 9 other groups you think will end up being better?

Comment

The only Hall of Famer, is Roethlisberger, because he fits the Troy Aikman role.
                            I fail to see the parallel. please enlighten us.

Comment

he means his teammates turn a above average QB to be great because his supporting cast is great. Ben is still young and can still develope, you never know, he has good tools.

Comment

Troy Aikman never put up Hall of Fame-type production. But he won "super bowls," he was the game manager, who relied on his supporting cast for the most part. To enter the Hall of Fame you need to do one of two things to make it in as a QB;

1. Win Championships. (Aikman, Namath, Bradshaw)
                                2. Put up crazy stats. (Marino, Moon)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information