No announcement yet.

CFL vs NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh...powderpuff football is a lot different than the NFL too. Could I not look at them both and see that the NFL is clearly better?

Look it's cute that all the Canadians come in here and skip up for their civic pride, but you don't need a PhD to figure out that, despite the difference in mechanics, the NFL talent is VASTLY superior to the CFL. As the previous poster stated, any NFL player could go to the CFL, take a year or two to pick up the game, and dominate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
      The CFL and NFL play completely different games. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges.
      Seeing as three people have said "different games," and was has already said "like comparing apples and oranges," thank you for your valuable and original input.

Comment

u guys make me laugh. Warren Moon could have done 3x what FLutie did if he stayed for longer than his 5 years in the CFL. Flutie only played soooo many years in the CFL that gave him the chance to do what he did. Moon destroyed the league in 5 years and won the Grey Cup 5 years in a row. and when i say destroyed i mean, like much, much better numbers than what Peyton Manning puts up. then he decided to move his game south, for probably the better money, publicity and so on....i dont need to explain that part. cuz we all know it.

Comment

Personally, I don't like the CFL even thought i'm from Canada. I like the running and talent better in the NFL/ NCAA.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
          I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            As the previous poster stated, any NFL player could go to the CFL, take a year or two to pick up the game, and dominate.
            Pfft, act like you don't know my name.

******!

Comment

Ugh...powderpuff football is a lot different than the NFL too. Could I not look at them both and see that the NFL is clearly better?

Look it's cute that all the Canadians come in here and skip up for their civic pride, but you don't need a PhD to figure out that, despite the difference in mechanics, the NFL talent is VASTLY superior to the CFL. As the previous poster stated, any NFL player could go to the CFL, take a year or two to pick up the game, and dominate.
              that is incorrect...some NFL players would adapt easily...many wouldnt. there are only a handful of NFL RB's that could play in the CFL, and not many QB's could either trust me....(i know many wouldnt want to anyways...but Peyton Manning would get his food eaten in the CFL.). Ithink that many LB's and DL's are better atlhetes than those of the NFL because they have so much more land to cover, and much more responsibilty.

Comment

The games are too different for you to say one game is better than the other. Certain players would never be able to make it in the CFL. The fields are bigger, there are more players on the field, all backfield players are allowed to be in movement at the snap of the ball.

This all requires a different kind of athlete than the NFL. Players like Jerome Bettis would never make it in the CFL. Does that mean CFL players are better than the NFL? No, it's just very different. Likewise CFL players in general would have not have the same kind of success that they had in the CFL while playing in the NFL. You just have to be more athletic to make it in the CFL.

Hell, there is only one yard of allowable contact in the CFL for receivers and DB. You're typical bump and run corners wouldn't have a job.

Comment

There's really no basis for this point. Yes, most NFL players are much better football players. That said, the difference in talent isn't enough that ANY player could come in and dominate. Sure, throw Marvin Harrison in and he's going to rewrite the record book. Throw a depth player in and he might not even start. There's been quite a few fringe NFL players who have came to the CFL and continued to be fringe players. Ricky Williams is another great example. He came in, had a good year no doubt, but was not a "dominating" player. He simply doesn't fit the mold of a CFL runningback.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                    Seeing as three people have said "different games," and was has already said "like comparing apples and oranges," thank you for your valuable and original input.
                    Comment duly noted and discarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                      The games are too different for you to say one game is better than the other. Certain players would never be able to make it in the CFL. The fields are bigger, there are more players on the field, all backfield players are allowed to be in movement at the snap of the ball.

This all requires a different kind of athlete than the NFL. Players like Jerome Bettis would never make it in the CFL. Does that mean CFL players are better than the NFL? No, it's just very different. Likewise CFL players in general would have not have the same kind of success that they had in the CFL while playing in the NFL. You just have to be more athletic to make it in the CFL.

Hell, there is only one yard of allowable contact in the CFL for receivers and DB. You're typical bump and run corners wouldn't have a job.
                      thank you...not to mention that in the CFL the DL have to give one yard which means theres even more emphasis on that first step. espceially if your down to 3rd and 1...man do those DL have to bring it. Also a big guy like Tarek Glenn wouldnt be a good fit in the CFL. CFL OL are very mobile, and have probably some of the best feet you would see for a guy thier size. they have so much more area to cover, no to mention that there are usually only the 5 lineman since the CFL doesnt use TE that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                        you want to know the next best thing for the CFL to produce. Timmy Chang. Yep the record breaker from Hawaii, signed with Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He will succeed because in the CFL they run similar offense to which he used at Hawaii. He should be very effective next year, just watch out for that. Thats the type of game they play in the CFL. much different than the NFL.
                        I hope Chang suceeds, Im a big fan of his.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

NFL obviously.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                            NFL obviously.
                            Give this man a hand for contributing the most well thought post out of anyone who has posted in this thread.

Comment

this isnt a debate as to which is better. Too many people think the CFL is a walk in the park, yet they have no idea. Obvioulsy the NFL is much more attractive to play in, and one would 100/100 times choose the NFL. But still the CFL is there, and the players, game, coaching style, aspects are different. bottom line.

Comment

Players who probably wouldn't fit in the CFL:
                                Bruisers who can't catch, block, get outside, or a combination of the three.

Big, fat defensive nose tackles(think Ted Washington)

Weak armed, unathletic QBs

Everyone else, yeah, they'd be great. A guy like Westbrook or Bush would pretty much be the best CFL player ever. Obviously Tomlinson too. I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large. But the main reason for that is the NFL just has more money, and Canadian Universities don't give out full athletic scholarships unless you also have like a 95 average. Not to mention, The US has 300 million people to Canada's 30 million. AND, in Canada hockey is the main sport and takes up at least 70% of all top athletes in Canada. At least.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information