Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    Players who probably wouldn't fit in the CFL:
    Bruisers who can't catch, block, get outside, or a combination of the three.

Big, fat defensive nose tackles(think Ted Washington)

Weak armed, unathletic QBs

Everyone else, yeah, they'd be great. A guy like Westbrook or Bush would pretty much be the best CFL player ever. Obviously Tomlinson too. I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large. But the main reason for that is the NFL just has more money, and Canadian Universities don't give out full athletic scholarships unless you also have like a 95 average. Not to mention, The US has 300 million people to Canada's 30 million. AND, in Canada hockey is the main sport and takes up at least 70% of all top athletes in Canada. At least.

Anybody who is good at either basketball or football always goes to the US if they can. It just doesn't make financial sense to stay in Canada.

Comment

Players who probably wouldn't fit in the CFL:
      Bruisers who can't catch, block, get outside, or a combination of the three.

Big, fat defensive nose tackles(think Ted Washington)

Weak armed, unathletic QBs

Everyone else, yeah, they'd be great. A guy like Westbrook or Bush would pretty much be the best CFL player ever. Obviously Tomlinson too. I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large. But the main reason for that is the NFL just has more money, and Canadian Universities don't give out full athletic scholarships unless you also have like a 95 average. Not to mention, The US has 300 million people to Canada's 30 million. AND, in Canada hockey is the main sport and takes up at least 70% of all top athletes in Canada. At least.
      very well put..but as far as i know (because im dealing with it right now) i dont think many schools even offer any money, let alone full scholorships. there are a select few that do, and i believe that its only out west and out east. thats it, nothing in ontario. also..i would be hesitant to call it an athletic scholorship since athletic ability almost has nothing to do with it...more so do your marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        very well put..but as far as i know (because im dealing with it right now) i dont think many schools even offer any money, let alone full scholorships. there are a select few that do, and i believe that its only out west and out east. thats it, nothing in ontario. also..i would be hesitant to call it an athletic scholorship since athletic ability almost has nothing to do with it...more so do your marks.
        Schools weren't allowed to give out money for athletics before. I believe they can give out a bit now, but still no full athletic scholarships.

Comment

CFL vs AFL.

Comment

I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large.
            Screw you, hippie.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Schools weren't allowed to give out money for athletics before. I believe they can give out a bit now, but still no full athletic scholarships.
              what they give out now..the student has to have at least like an 85 % average and thata just to qualify for like a $2000-$3000 scholorship. hardly anything. if your going away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                Screw you, hippie.
                haha, :) thats funny

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  The best player the CFL ever had was a career backup in the NFL.

But yes, your points are valid.
                  Jeff Garcia?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

what they give out now..the student has to have at least like an 85 % average and thata just to qualify for like a $2000-$3000 scholorship. hardly anything. if your going away from home.
                    That's considered an academic scholarship though. I was offered money like that and my average was only about 86%.

Comment

I think Billingsley is trying to point out that different players have different skillsets that are better suited for either league. Darren Sproles would probably be an MVP in the CFL, while Matt Leinart probably would be less effective than Timmy Chang or Casey Printers.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

My friend was offerred 8000 to go to McMaster.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          I think Billingsley is trying to point out that different players have different skillsets that are better suited for either league. Darren Sproles would probably be an MVP in the CFL, while Matt Leinart probably would be less effective than Timmy Chang or Casey Printers.
                          thank you very much...that is exactly what im trying to say!!

Comment

Michael Vick in the CFL would be amazing.

Comment

My friend was offerred 8000 to go to McMaster.
                              ya i was offered money to go to St. FX...who is it going to Mac? is it this year?

Comment

ya i was offered money to go to St. FX...who is it going to Mac? is it this year?
                                Eric Grayson, a Toronto all-star QB with a 90+ average. He hasn't decided between Mac or Western yet. Western offerred way less money but the coach really likes him. I wish he came back for a 5th year so we could really dominate.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information