Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    UBC might move to NCAA....

I play for Northern, and MTW in the OV. Where do/did you go?
    i play for st. francis xavier in peel...and miss warriors in OV, but this year going to halton, good situation, dont know if you know yet, but the coaching staff is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      KICKOFF's okay because it would take a really strong leg to accomplish a touchback. But a PUNT IS GAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      i just think its tougher to pull off. in american rules if the returner doesnt want to return the he take the knee and gets the touchback. now you HAVE to return it or else u give up a point. it makes it more competitive. BTW i have seen a team kick it out out the endzone on a kickoff...mind you it was fairly windy.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        i play for st. francis xavier in peel...and miss warriors in OV, but this year going to halton, good situation, dont know if you know yet, but the coaching staff is unreal.
        Halton should be a good team if they get all the Burlington boys. We got absolutely trashed by Missisauga in Jr. OV.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

So if it goes out of bounds is it a touchback, cuz then if two teams were tied up, all a team would have to do is punt out of bounds, ratther than risk a bad FG

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Halton should be a good team if they get all the Burlington boys. We got absolutely trashed by Missisauga in Jr. OV.
            our coaching staff has chris hadly (Cal, NE Patriots), Joe Paupau (ottawa Renegades, Darryl Adraline (Toronto Argos). crazy names. were not gonna get any burlington guys..their staying with the stampeders.

the JV warriors were solid last year, should've won, but they lose alot this year, should be tough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              So if it goes out of bounds is it a touchback, cuz then if two teams were tied up, all a team would have to do is punt out of bounds, ratther than risk a bad FG
              If the punt goes out of bounds in the endzone, yes. I've seen a team go for a FG, down 1 point and miss when they should have gone for the punt to get a sure tie.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                out of bounds still gets you a point. and ya that kinda sucks cuz there is nothing the returning team can do, but yea it does get u a point.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  The best player the CFL ever had was a career backup in the NFL.

But yes, your points are valid.
                  what about a player like Jeff Garcia, who spent a lot of time in the CFL, im also assuming the backup u r reffering to is Flutie, but he did make it to the pro bowl before. ALso Warren MOon im sure would give a lot of credit for his success to the CFL, where they didnt care about the colour of his skin, and only how he played

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    what about a player like Jeff Garcia, who spent a lot of time in the CFL, im also assuming the backup u r reffering to is Flutie, but he did make it to the pro bowl before. ALso Warren MOon im sure would give a lot of credit for his success to the CFL, where they didnt care about the colour of his skin, and only how he played
                    YES...id like to say i ran this guy out of this thread! he had no idea what he was talking about. Warren Moon would probably be the best player in the CFL consdiering he played for arond 5 years, and won 5 straight grey cups.. then went on to dominate the NFL. Doug Flutie would be 2nd, only because had Moon stayed longer than the 5 years he would have done more. but i would have to say Warren Moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                      NFL BECAUSE...

Bigger Ball = Easier TO Catch and Clutch while running

Bigger Endzone = Easier for Throwing TDs. Requires less Prescision

NFL
                      = Better Talent, Rules and Officiating. I hate playing High School ball with CFL rules, i always forget the downs,

1 Point Punt - The fact a punt can win the game pisses me off. I lost a game off a last second punt once.

NFL has overall better games, players, schemes etc.

NOTE**** I'm Canadian Too
                      LOL I won a game on a last second punt in OT. That game was epic. But then in the playoffs, the SAME TEAM beat us the SAME WAY, except their's was with 17 seconds left in the 4th. Karma's a *****.
                      Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf); 04-01-2007, 10:05 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                        LOL I won a game on a last second punt in OT. That game was epic. But then in the playoffs, the SAME TEAM beat us the SAME WAY, except their's was with 17 seconds left in the 4th. Karma's a *****.
                        lol, ya that must of been crazy...personally i like the canadian rules.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post

The talent in the NFL is *much* higher than the talent in the CFL.
                          You find that yourself?

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

where, exactly, did you run him out of the thread? you made numerous weak arguments that were all refuted, then you made a final concilliatory post in which you *maybe* disagreed with something he might have said, and now that he's no longer checking this worthless thread, you ran him out? that's REAL cute. i bet you're from quebec.
                            How did a troll become a mod ;)?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

this guy reminds me of those people that dont like any other sport than soccer and if you say you like football to them they start talking about how soccer is "better" than football and blah blah blah and they just wont shut up about it.

Angels Record: 6-8

Comment

where, exactly, did you run him out of the thread? you made numerous weak arguments that were all refuted, then you made a final concilliatory post in which you *maybe* disagreed with something he might have said, and now that he's no longer checking this worthless thread, you ran him out? that's REAL cute. i bet you're from quebec.
                                hahahaha, this is too much! the guy was making outrageous comments and proved he had no idea what he was talking about. talking about how the CFL's best player was a career backup in the NFL, yep thats Warren Moon allright, even if he were to say Doug Flutie he still made it to the Pro Bowl...i guess backups make it eh. geez, you guys are more ignorant than you seem.

he also obviously knows nothing about Warren Moon, as he left after his success of winning 5 straight Grey Cups...where as Doug Flutie stayed in Canada for most of his career having the chance to put up more numbers.

he also stated that any NFL player could succeed in the CFL. I guess that guys like Brandon Jacobs, Jerome Bettis could compete with their blistering 5.0 speed eh! they are two different games, and trust me...there are BIG differences...you guys just have to be much more considerate and understand that the NFL isnt the only thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information