CFL vs NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
    hahahaha, this is too much! the guy was making outrageous comments and proved he had no idea what he was talking about. talking about how the CFL's best player was a career backup in the NFL, yep thats Warren Moon allright, even if he were to say Doug Flutie he still made it to the Pro Bowl...i guess backups make it eh. geez, you guys are more ignorant than you seem.

he also obviously knows nothing about Warren Moon, as he left after his success of winning 5 straight Grey Cups...where as Doug Flutie stayed in Canada for most of his career having the chance to put up more numbers.

he also stated that any NFL player could succeed in the CFL. I guess that guys like Brandon Jacobs, Jerome Bettis could compete with their blistering 5.0 speed eh! they are two different games, and trust me...there are BIG differences...you guys just have to be much more considerate and understand that the NFL isnt the only thing.
    Jacobs ran a 4.5 or 4.4.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
      Jacobs ran a 4.5 or 4.4.
      my point is that big bruising backs dont make it into the CFL...beleive me! thats why Ricky Williams didnt make it, neither that RB from minnesota!

Comment

I think the CFL is alright for what it is. It gives Canada a taste of entertaining football that feels closer to home than an NFL team. I think that the majority of Canadians are mostly indifferent about the CFL. If their team is losing, they don't care. If their team is winning, they might go to a game or two. It's a niche sport along the lines of MLS or the NLL, or even AAA or AA baseball. Going to a game is a nice way to spend an afternoon, but you forget about it as soon as it's over unless you're a hardcore fan.

It also gives a handful of Canadian cities a place on the national stage. Without the CFL, nobody hears a thing about Winnepeg, Regina or Hamilton. It gives their fans a team to cheer for and it gives them a sense of community when they rally around a winning team.
        Another victim of Ontario's public education system.

Comment

my point is that big bruising backs dont make it into the CFL...beleive me! thats why Ricky Williams didnt make it, neither that RB from minnesota!
          Ricky Williams is far from a big bruising back.....and do you even like the NFL? If not why are you even registered here?

Angels Record: 6-8

Comment

also they never run in the CFL they only pass

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Originally posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
              also they never run in the CFL they only pass
              Have you even watched a CFL game. In the first half of most games all the teams do is run, because you need a good running game to set up the passing game

Comment

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Saskatchewan having fairly big back a little while ago that was quite successful. Obviously not Corey Holmes though. I guess the best back in CFL history was probably Mike Pringle and he was I think 5'9" 202 or something like that. Anyway, I haven't lived there in like 7 years, so I don't remember. But I still feel the NFL is a superior league, and I would much rather watch an NFL game than CFL game. I just find it more visually pleasing. But that's personal preference.

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by TwOne View Post
                  Ricky Williams is far from a big bruising back.....and do you even like the NFL? If not why are you even registered here?
                  when you compare guys like Ricky Williams to Pinball Clemens, Charles Roberts, the hes a bruising back. NFL running backs who are typical inside runners wont make it in the CFL.

Comment

Ricky Williams is definitely an inside-oriented runner. I have no idea where you came up with that. Still, he did have a good amount of success in the NFL.

Comment

I'll Break it down for you...
                      CFL=***
                      NFL= Great

Comment

there is almost no doubt that the nfl has better athletes...but can you imagine the nfl's athletes ...ala randy moss.... and the cfl;s wide open game and rules...there would be 7000 yard passers and 2000 yard recivers everywhere...its a passing and speed game though...personally i prefer the smashmouth ill kick your ass first game of the nfl...but you know im form canada...i have to like both or ppl would kill me:|

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

He's 225, that sounds like a bruising back to me genius

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Funniest thing ever was someone told me that the CFL has more talent, they were dead serious.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                              Funniest thing ever was someone told me that the CFL has more talent, they were dead serious.
                              There was a poster here a while ago(Pack Attack?) who made a poll of how a CFL team would do in the NFL, and he said 16-0 because they're so used to three downs that with four, they'd be unstoppable. Nowadays, the only way a CFL team would beat an NFL team is if they got to keep the 12th player and the NFL was stuck with 11. And even then, it would be really hard.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

The CFL has guys 5"9 170 lbs that run as fast as guys in the NFL who are 6"4 230

Better athletes = NFL

And the CFL fails to appeal to most because the college and draft system sucks.

The best players in the NFL (hell all of them except for a few exceptions) come from the draft.

The best players in the CFL come via NFL waiver wire fodder.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information