Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    I dunno..it should be interesting to see how many players make it from the Tampa Superbowl Defense. 3 players are currently in the HOF from the "Monsters of the Midway" defense and they were a better unit. I would have to figure that Ronde Barber is getting in, after that it's a crap shoot. I would guess that Brooks would be the next most likely. Sapp, Rice, and Lynch would all have a chance but at this point the only one I would really consider would be Lynch and that's just cause I like him as a player so much.
    I think Rice will eventually...if he gets about 30-40 more sacks
    30-40 more sacks will put him at 149-159 sacks. That would mean that Michael Strahan needs 19.5-29.5 more sacks to get into the Hall of Fame? I think Strahan already has assured he will get in. Simeon Rice will probably finish his career with more sacks than Strahan because he is only 10.5 sacks behind him and he is three years older, and has been in the league three years longer. I think Rice will get in if Strahan does. The thing that Strahan has on Rice is only 315 tackles and that is the only reason he gets in ahead of Rice IMO.

Brooks will make the Hall of Fame for sure, but it wont be on the first ballot, probably third or fourth time around. Ronde Barber will have to wait longer than that, so will John Lynch. If Warren Sapp can produce some decent numbers in the next couple of seasons he should get in too probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Déja Vü
      Originally posted by Canadian_kid16
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      I dunno..it should be interesting to see how many players make it from the Tampa Superbowl Defense. 3 players are currently in the HOF from the "Monsters of the Midway" defense and they were a better unit. I would have to figure that Ronde Barber is getting in, after that it's a crap shoot. I would guess that Brooks would be the next most likely. Sapp, Rice, and Lynch would all have a chance but at this point the only one I would really consider would be Lynch and that's just cause I like him as a player so much.
      I think Rice will eventually...if he gets about 30-40 more sacks
      30-40 more sacks will put him at 149-159 sacks. That would mean that Michael Strahan needs 19.5-29.5 more sacks to get into the Hall of Fame? I think Strahan already has assured he will get in. Simeon Rice will probably finish his career with more sacks than Strahan because he is only 10.5 sacks behind him and he is three years older, and has been in the league three years longer. I think Rice will get in if Strahan does. The thing that Strahan has on Rice is only 315 tackles and that is the only reason he gets in ahead of Rice IMO.

Brooks will make the Hall of Fame for sure, but it wont be on the first ballot, probably third or fourth time around. Ronde Barber will have to wait longer than that, so will John Lynch. If Warren Sapp can produce some decent numbers in the next couple of seasons he should get in too probably.

i agree about sapp - and for barber if he get 25 ints and 25 sacks he will seal it but it is already possiable for him 2 get him

Comment

He might be the best coverage linebacker of all time. He will get in sooner rather than later after he retires.

Comment

My vote is yes, absolutely, 1st ballot.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            My vote is yes, absolutely, 1st ballot.
            Wright is always Right

Comment

I tend to agree. It's terribly hard not to put Brooks in on his first ballot. He revolutionized the weakside spot, as a position that changes the game, not only racks up stats. He's one of the best in the game at what he does, and that's create.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                I tend to agree. It's terribly hard not to put Brooks in on his first ballot. He revolutionized the weakside spot, as a position that changes the game, not only racks up stats. He's one of the best in the game at what he does, and that's create.
                Jack Ham was doing the same thing in the Cover 2 in the 70s that Brooks is doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                  Jack Ham was doing the same thing in the Cover 2 in the 70s that Brooks is doing now.
                  he went in 1988 was that not 1st ballot

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend
                    Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                    he went in 1988 was that not 1st ballot
                    Yes, it was first ballot.

However, my point was to note that Brooks didn't revolutionize anything.

Comment

Re: Derrick Brooks HOF

Does Derrick Brooks go into the Hall of fame?

he has ten / 100 tackle season in a row

1400 total tackles - 1000+ his tackles - 13.5 sacks - 21 ints - almost 500 yards - 6tds - 20 ff - 40 turnovers
                      I think those stats speak for themselves

Comment

Re: Derrick Brooks HOF

Originally posted by 24cadillac24
                        Does Derrick Brooks go into the Hall of fame?

he has ten / 100 tackle season in a row

1400 total tackles - 1000+ his tackles - 13.5 sacks - 21 ints - almost 500 yards - 6tds - 20 ff - 40 turnovers
                        I think those stats speak for themselves
                        Even with those stats I don't think he is a sure first ballot guy.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information