Matt Cassel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Cassel

I think USC should start to consider themselves as Quarterback University instead of Tailback University. Cassel is a star waiting to shine.

...someone tell Jerry Jones to get on the phone.

hes looking good / also DJ SHOCKLEY look good in the Falcons /Patriot game

Comment

why didnt he transfer he had to know he wasnt gonna play at USC.

Comment

Originally posted by maroney39
        why didnt he transfer he had to know he wasnt gonna play at USC.

:) :D :P - so ture

Comment

So New England could pull another player out of their ass and win three of four this time.

Designs by Thule

Comment

He was looking good he could be a futre Tom Brady.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend
              hes looking good / also DJ SHOCKLEY look good in the Falcons /Patriot game
              I didn't think so. He brought the team into field goal range, but he was 4 for 10 against a 3rd string defense. Not that great IMO.

Cassel impressed me a bit. Nothing really amazing IMO. I think he could be good in a bit with some more coaching. The next Tom Brady? Could be...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Actually, Pats fans are a bit disappointed by Matt's performance.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

yes..against Falcons but last year he ripped preseason games and did very well in season final game when he got his chance to playm ore than 3 Qs

Comment

I'm not all that disapointed with Matt's performance. He struggled early on, but I thought he finished well.

Cassel reminds me a lot of Brady. I think Brady is a better pocket passer, but Cassel can scramble a bit better then Brady. They do look alike and they are both 6'4. Interesting. 8)

Comment

i like cassel a lot but i don't think he'll ever be aa star in the way Brady has become one. He could be a similar caliber regular season QB but i just can't see him developing that cerebral cool that has turned Brady into a playoff gold mine.

Comment

Originally posted by EHobbs27
                        I'm not all that disapointed with Matt's performance. He struggled early on, but I thought he finished well.
                        I said "a bit".

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6
                          yes..against Falcons but last year he ripped preseason games and did very well in season final game when he got his chance to playm ore than 3 Qs
                          I refered to Atlanta game.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

From what I saw of Cassell last year in the game against Buffalo he really impressed me. He seemed cool in the pocket and had good amount of zip to his pass.

I didn't get to catch the game against ATL but if he performed poorly I would chalk that up to playing with the 2nd or 3rd string O-line and having the same string WR's. It was also a preseason game so I don't judge much by it.

I think with a little more coaching and a few more reps that he could turn into a legitimate QB. I'm not sure if his future lies with NE, though. When his contract ends, I think he will generate a little buzz around him. Any team that is in need of a young QB that has been tutored by one of the best in the game (Tom Brady) and by a good coaching staff will try and land him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

i dunno. cassel feels to me like a billy volek (not necessarily with any regards to style or ability in a specific phase of the game), in that i think he'll be a very good back-up in the league, but just never quite more than a stop gap starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information