X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say with OLs...

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

He can still turn it around he is young and has the HC to do it but as of now he looks lost at LT.

Comment

in madden hes the fast person on the oline

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have to give him this year to see how he fares. If by week 10 he is still getting busted up, he's a bust. Its sad, I think the coaching staff and how they handled him has alot to do with why he is failing. But also, if you notice, I think he's out of shape. He is coming off the line real slow, and edge rushers are destrroying him. He is much slower now than he was in college. I think a combination of bad coaching and his own fitness have led to poor performance. If he doesn't get it together by the end of the year he will be a major disappointment.
          This is basically what I came to post. I said a week back that I gave Gallery and the offensive line as a whole until week 9 to show some major improvement. Shell might not be a great O-Line coach, but HOF OL Jackie Slater has a good reputation, and I think he can get things working.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have to give him this year to see how he fares. If by week 10 he is still getting busted up, he's a bust. Its sad, I think the coaching staff and how they handled him has alot to do with why he is failing. But also, if you notice, I think he's out of shape. He is coming off the line real slow, and edge rushers are destrroying him. He is much slower now than he was in college. I think a combination of bad coaching and his own fitness have led to poor performance. If he doesn't get it together by the end of the year he will be a major disappointment.
            This is basically what I came to post. I said a week back that I gave Gallery and the offensive line as a whole until week 9 to show some major improvement. Shell might not be a great O-Line coach, but HOF OL Jackie Slater has a good reputation, and I think he can get things working.
            I concur. He isn't a bust yet, but he def. doesn't look good. I think they have just moved him around a lot, and he hasn't been comfortable in any position. If he is out of shape though, bye bye!

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I would need your defenition of "bust" to answer this question.Everyone seems to have a unique view of a draft bust.

Comment

Bust is the wrong word, I'd call him a disapointment up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend
                  in madden hes the fast person on the oline
                  and we all know that madden = real life. :roll:

Comment

IMO opinion alot can change in the future as he is still a young player who is learning. but to summarize his performance up to this point as to his draft status and what was expected, yes, i would say he's been a bust. doesn't mean he will always be a bust, but to this point he has IMO

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I wouldn't call him a bust yet but he needs to start playing better.

They should of started Gallery at LT in his rookie year.. Having him play LG then RT did nothing for him..

Comment

Originally posted by Material Issues
                        i think that now that he's at LT with Shell in charge he could make serious steps in his development. As bigbluegiants mentioned he has been slow off the line and i'm not sure how much of that is physically being out of shape and how much is him being mentally out of it as he has lost that comfort he had in college. Hopefully shell can give him his fire back and he'll be the star we all saw.
                        Right now its more mental if anything,he has been put under tons of pressure moving back to LT and shell saying this should be his pro bowl season,but thats what you want.This is only preseason so we'll have to wait for the regular season to see his progress under shell.
                        myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

I really like him and i think he just needs to regain is "beast" mentality that he had at Iowa.

It probably wouldn't hut if he was in better shape, but that is not the reason he is doing badly. I'll give him this year and some before i decide, but i am relatively confident he can turn it around with the proper coaching.

Most people don't realize that it takes a while for young o-lineman (especially tackles) to truly develope. Orlando Pace is the only one who has really been great from day one. Just look at Walter Jones and Ogden, those guys took some time to develop.

Comment

he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.

Comment

Ogden played LG for a season then slide over to LT.

Comment

some analyst on ESPN(that denver bronco OG) said to give Gallery time because of his switch to LT. He said the switch is like having a right handed person start writing with their left hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information