No announcement yet.

Robert Gallery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He actually got a lot better towards the end of the pre-season, but it was obvious either the coaching staff or Gallery himself had not prepared for Merrimen. Gallery got blown back by Shawne countless times, almost all of them due to not setting up correctly.

Comment

For those of you who voted no, every left tackle who was a bust in NFL not caused by injury look like Gallery looks out there. The precedents say that Gallery is a bust until proven otherwise. Odds are against him on turning his career around

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5
        For those of you who voted no, every left tackle who was a bust in NFL not caused by injury look like Gallery looks out there. The precedents say that Gallery is a bust until proven otherwise. Odds are against him on turning his career around
        Gallery was good last season at RT and it is going to take time for the transition. Thinking he is going to go to the other side and be just as good right away is just ignorant. Some guys have such a hard time switching (Jordan Gross for example) they stay on the right side.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

I'd call him a bust.

Comment

No. It's very naiive to think that he'll make a seamless transition to LT. That's just dumb. He'll be fine.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I know you guys are harping a lot on the transition from RT to LT, but I think the fact that he was never able to beat out below average Barry Sims for the LT job says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                I know you guys are harping a lot on the transition from RT to LT, but I think the fact that he was never able to beat out below average Barry Sims for the LT job says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984
                  I wouldn’t use the word bust he has allowed 6 sacks in 2 seasons this is his 3rd season and his 3rd O-line coach his 2nd head coach and has played Guard and RT and is now finally playing LT and needs to learn all over again..

He is having a bad preseason that’s true but I wouldn’t label him a bust just yet.
                  you also need to put in the 20 false starts
                  myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

Raiders tend to get the ****** end of the stick with there number 2 picks .... remember Darrell Russell he was a number 2 pick after Orlando Pace and he was such a bust and from the looks after this MN Game gallery plus the whole teams offense of line is a bust. Raiders should leave it up to this year if Gallery doesnt pan out half way as expected trade him before he doesnt accquire anymore value at all. Oh well im slowly getting used to the raiders suckin as long as i remember since the 90s even alot of those late 90 years they sucked and time and time they suck now too....exception of the Gruden Years which were short lived. Sometimes hard for me to beleive that as long Al is under control of this team the raiders really wont ever find there glory that they had back in the 70s 80s. I hope im wrong though....

Comment

I wouldnt say he is a bust. Becuase he is good enough to start. However he was not the Left Tackle franchise player everyone expected. He will be a RT starter

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

Originally posted by elway777
                        Originally posted by GermanSaint
                        he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.
                        What a stupid comment. :?
                        why ? time is running , they gave him a lot of credit and predict him to be a ( sure ) future hall of famer , well at this point he is far away from it , he isnt really awful but he should start handling D-Line men and should use his "ultra" technique , he is soft , so was jeff faine and i predict so will be d´brick. in these days the maulers on OT have the better games.

Comment

He's not a bust he has switched back and forth at postions, we gotta give him some time. He was pitiful Monday night he basically said come on in Merriman sack the quarterback.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by elway777
                            he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.
                            What a stupid comment. :?
                            why ? time is running , they gave him a lot of credit and predict him to be a ( sure ) future hall of famer , well at this point he is far away from it , he isnt really awful but he should start handling D-Line men and should use his "ultra" technique , he is soft , so was jeff faine and i predict so will be d´brick. in these days the maulers on OT have the better games.
                            While D'Brick may not be a mauler, he is a much better technician than Gallery is.

Comment

Im still sticking to my guns and giving him this season to prove himself. But I did notice one thing that should be of major concern.

He is out of shape. He's fat, slow, and lacking strength now. He doesn't look like the Gallery that came out of college, no way. I think his work ethic has gone to the toilet since he joined Oakland, and because of that he is not producing. I blame that on Gallery, and also the Raiders. They just have a bad organization right now from top to bottom. Poor coaching and poor attitude will rub off on players, and it seems like Gallery got complacent once the check came in the mail. Im still holding out hope, but it doesn't look good right now. Im still gonna give him till the end of the year though.

And having a real coach might help him out too...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                Im still sticking to my guns and giving him this season to prove himself. But I did notice one thing that should be of major concern.

He is out of shape. He's fat, slow, and lacking strength now. He doesn't look like the Gallery that came out of college, no way. I think his work ethic has gone to the toilet since he joined Oakland, and because of that he is not producing. I blame that on Gallery, and also the Raiders. They just have a bad organization right now from top to bottom. Poor coaching and poor attitude will rub off on players, and it seems like Gallery got complacent once the check came in the mail. Im still holding out hope, but it doesn't look good right now. Im still gonna give him till the end of the year though.

And having a real coach might help him out too...
                                I still think that if Gallery went to NY, Coughlin would have made him a great left tackle. I never agreed with the Boselli comparisons, as Boselli is one of the best to ever play the game, but it looks like what Gallery needed was a taskmaster like Coughlin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information